R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
5 years already??

Time going too fast brehs.

Dope promo but i don't see it as the GOAT.
A 2011 promo the greatest of all time? A guy complaining about not getting paid enough? A promo that didnt get ratings or change the business forever? Lol. Not even top 20 from any common sense factor.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
5 years?

shyt is weird. Before that night I hadn't really watched wrestling since the day Hogan showed up in TNA.

I woke up early one night and turned on wrestling on a whim/because I was bored. I literally turned it on right as he was walking up the ramp.

I sat there like :dwillhuh:

I'll be honest, brehs. I thought the shyt was legit real REAL real. HEll, I didn't even know Punk was in WWE.

Til this day I think the only times WWE had such media attention since this moment were Punk leaving with the belt, Trips firing Vince (I LUH YOU, POP! :sadcam:) and this recent Reignsgate fiasco.

Get the fukk outta here:laugh: More attention than when Eddie/Benoit died? Yeah right..Eddie died and the rating went almost 5.0...everyone was watching it. More attention than when Rock came back on Feb 14th? U dudes are hilarious..ratings went up, shows sold out immediately, and a joke WM build went from looking like some WM 11 $hit to a instant million buys out of the blue.

Pipebomb:laugh:

Kevin_Nash

2x WWE Hall of Famer
Daps
Just going back to Kevin Nash thing, wtf were they trying to attempt there, wtf was he doing texting himself. I'm 100% convinced that they had no idea what they were doing while Nash was about to step through the curtain. Texting himself was decided upon just a few minutes before he walked through the curtain.

Should've just rolled with Hunter telling Nash to stick the winner of Punk/Cena due to Hunter being a mark for the belt and going full fledge heel again but Hunter was obsessed with being a face so they threw Kev out there to look like an idiot

That was the original plan (eventual Hunter heel turn). Unfortunately Hunter doesn't have final say the angle got butchered. Despite what wrestling dweebs might think, I was planning on putting over Punk in our match if I was medically cleared to partake.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Get the fukk outta here:laugh: More attention than when Eddie/Benoit died? Yeah right..Eddie died and the rating went almost 5.0...everyone was watching it. More attention than when Rock came back on Feb 14th?

Eddie and Benoit died after the Punk pipebomb? Rock came back after the Punk pipebomb? :ohhh:

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Dont hide on September 10th because his 15 minutes of fame dies for all to see, Team Bandwagon:yes:

To save you some time, I won't be watching the fight since I'll be out of the country on vacation. Unlike yourself, who fears The Rock will come to your basement and Rock Bottom you through a table if you ever dare say something remotely negative about him, people can be unbiased. If Punk walks out to the Octagon, more props to him to accomplish his goal of MMA, but I'm expecting him to get smoked once the bell rings.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Get the fukk outta here:laugh: More attention than when Eddie/Benoit died? Yeah right..Eddie died and the rating went almost 5.0...everyone was watching it. More attention than when Rock came back on Feb 14th? U dudes are hilarious..ratings went up, shows sold out immediately, and a joke WM build went from looking like some WM 11 $hit to a instant million buys out of the blue.

Pipebomb:laugh:

dude.....

This was 2011.

Eddie died in 2005 and Benoit died in 2007.

Look at the stuff I typed that you bolded.

I CLEARLY said "Since this moment".

You're always so eager to show that you're more knowledgeable than other posters and rub it in their faces that you make yourself look dumb sometimes.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mississauga
But...

c3oT6.gif

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Eddie and Benoit died after the Punk pipebomb? Rock came back after the Punk pipebomb? :ohhh:

Team Sambo will defend this quitter till the death:laugh: Thought they were really seeing something revolutionary. $hit was deaded by Nash in two months..a guy the Rock torched the night after WM 18:laugh:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
I'll never forget how it played out personally for me. I was watching raw and thought it was trash, so by the main event I had already turned the channel

So I'm just on the Internet, watchin random YouTube videos and shyt and I happen to go to worldstar. First video is labeled some shyt like WWE superstar cm punk goes off script. First off I was like wtf because WWE doesn't make worldstar ever

So I clicked that shyt and sat there in pure shock like :damn:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
dude.....

This was 2011.

Eddie died in 2005 and Benoit died in 2007.

Look at the stuff I typed that you bolded.

I CLEARLY said "Since this moment".

You're always so eager to show that you're more knowledgeable than other posters and rub it in their faces that you make yourself look dumb sometimes.

Even since then, he damn sure was eclipsed by Bryan two years later and he didnt anywhere near the same protection. Since youre so knowledgeable and a stickler for details all of a sudden...

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I'll never forget how it played out personally for me. I was watching raw and thought it was trash, so by the main event I had already turned the channel

So I'm just on the Internet, watchin random YouTube videos and shyt and I happen to go to worldstar. First video is labeled some shyt like WWE superstar cm punk goes off script. First off I was like wtf because WWE doesn't make worldstar ever

So I clicked that shyt and sat there in pure shock like :damn:

I was on the freeway, he mentioned the Rock, and the Raw thread went from being about the promo to "Whats R=G gonna think?"...which of course was the norm:laugh:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
To save you some time, I won't be watching the fight since I'll be out of the country on vacation. Unlike yourself, who fears The Rock will come to your basement and Rock Bottom you through a table if you ever dare say something remotely negative about him, people can be unbiased. If Punk walks out to the Octagon, more props to him to accomplish his goal of MMA, but I'm expecting him to get smoked once the bell rings.

Youre unbiased? U have been crying about the Rock for years too...so u went from never giving a fukk about Punk in SES to be a proud goofy internet mark who saw this fool lose momentum to a 42 year old Cripple H for no reason and had to go silent since u backed Kliq groupies as well. Jackass status.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Greatest promo of all time, fukk what anyone after this post says
Given how true it is and the fact that all his complaints were entirely valid (there hasn't even been a "budding star" on the cover of their video game since 2011 as opposed to old acts), I have a hard time finding a promo that struck closer to home than this one.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This promo got me back into wrestling...amazing how badly they dropped the ball after this promo and MITB...from having him come back too soon, Kevin Nash texting himself, still don't understand wtf they were going for with that, and topping it off with jobbing cleanly to HHH.

Just going back to Kevin Nash thing, wtf were they trying to attempt there, wtf was he doing texting himself. I'm 100% convinced that they had no idea what they were doing while Nash was about to step through the curtain. Texting himself was decided upon just a few minutes before he walked through the curtain.

Should've just rolled with Hunter telling Nash to stick the winner of Punk/Cena due to Hunter being a mark for the belt and going full fledge heel again but Hunter was obsessed with being a face so they threw Kev out there to look like an idiot
The entire reason for the direction they took after July was to kill his heat for two reasons: first, due to the fact he wasn't hand picked and created by Vince, and second, because he didn't want anything to overshadow rock vs cena.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Even since then, he damn sure was eclipsed by Bryan two years later and he didnt anywhere near the same protection. Since youre so knowledgeable and a stickler for details all of a sudden...

I have no idea what Dbry being a more popular wrestler has to do with WWE coverage from various worldwide media outlets,

or with my being "so knowledgeable and a stickler for details"

but hey fukk it you win.