CM Punk FIRED from AEW; Returns to WWE

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Let’s be real, pre-Punk termination collision supposed to be number one on everybody’s list

:ufdup:

In ring was great, actually built toward main event programs and put over their importance with those intro promos, production and presentation was crisp. We had something speciaaaah

:mjcry:

If they continue on and turn it into the Ricky Starks show I'm still fukkin wit it lol

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Alright so ....take this for what its worth, probaby nothing lol

But people on wrestling twitter have seem to spot that theres' a burner account for a WWE insider. Someone who actually works for WWE. They got the info on `Jade leaving AEW for WWE about a week early and a few other things.... SRS has claimed in the past he isnt a source..but that also might mean he isnt a source to the sheets but people seem to think or are clocked on the idea hes in the company ( I think he does production notes)

Anyway..so again this could probably be bullshyt but take this for whatever its worth along with Punk's coments on the MMA show.. he said this last night after Rock met Cena and someone asked about getting Punk

:yeshrug:
Supposeldy hes someone works in production but Im also like why would he go off private after the merger to "address" stuff kinda but if you need crumbs I suppose.
Been seeing stuff from whoever that is a lot lately. I can't see even MLW producers talking online, him being an employee is hard to believe. We'll know for sure when he lets us know he's unemployed lol

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Said it before but it’s disgusting how the indies scene rolled with PWG over ROH

At one point I didn't really think they were that much different. The days of Bryan and Joe and Nigel had gone by and guys like Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards came in and were doing ridiculous spots akin to what PWG was doing.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
You can tell by the way Tony reacted in that presser that he didn’t even consider giving Punk a Non-Compete Clause. Because he never thought it’d get to that point OR because he never thought Punk would actually consider going back, YMMV.

So he didn't sign Jade nor CM Punk to non-complete clauses

:mindblown:

Granted I'm pro-worker, but, that's stupid as hell when your competition is as vast as it is

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
So he didn't sign Jade nor CM Punk to non-complete clauses

:mindblown:

Granted I'm pro-worker, but, that's stupid as hell when your competition is as vast as it is
That 90 day is so outdated lol

I get the idea of it but whether Punk shows up tomorrow or 90 days from now doesn’t really make a difference if we’re being real

I get the optics of wanting to keep a guy from walking off one show onto the next, but in the social media age I genuinely don’t think that shyt matters anymore

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
During Cage Fury Fighting Championships 125 this past Friday night, CM Punk returned to TV as one of the card’s commentators. Punk initially signed on as a commentator for the promotion in 2018 and, somewhat ironically, made his first public appearance following AEW: All Out 2022 around this time last year at CFFC 114.

Early in the program, Punk’s co-commentator John Morgan joked that The Second City Saint had returned to his duties for the promotion “with cause,” a subtle reference to his AEW termination. Later on in the show, when discussing doing possible post-shows for upcoming CFFC events, Punk was asked if he had time on his hands for something like that, to which he said he would for about the next two months.

The line about having the next two months free immediately sparked speculation that Punk could be making a big move back to WWE. In two months’ time, the sports entertainment juggernaut will return to Punk’s hometown of Chicago for their annual Survivor Series premium live event. On top of that, Fightful reported earlier this year that AEW plans to return to The Windy City the Wednesday before for their annual Thanksgiving week episode of Dynamite. With all of that in mind, it could set an appealing stage for Punk to return to the WWE fold.

Haus of Wrestling, unfortunately, has not been able to confirm whether or not Punk has a non-compete clause following his termination with AEW. While asking around about the possibility of one, however, I did learn that Punk does not have any litigation pending against Tony Khan following his termination. Considering how Khan said his life was in danger during Punk’s backstage altercation at AEW: All In London, many people asked me whether Punk could be considering action, and I am told that is not the case.

From what I gather, Punk is looking to avoid any further litigation and move on with his life. He was described to me as someone breathing a sign of relief now that he is away from the day-to-day drama that seemed to follow him at AEW.

We have not been able to gather whether any pending legal action on AEW or Tony Khan’s behalf towards Punk is pending, but things do seem quiet between the two sides.

Another question that has been looming is: Would WWE welcome CM Punk back into the fold?

I’ve done a lot of asking around about a possible WWE return since Punk’s termination, and I have yet to meet someone in WWE or with knowledge of the situation who has ruled it out. One WWE source I spoke with noted that the buzz internally about Punk as a potential free agent is not there like it was when Cody Rhodes was rumored to be on the market at the beginning of 2022. Another source told me that while there could be interest, timing is everything in the pro wrestling business, and at the moment, WWE’s product is hot and not necessarily in need of a big-name signing.

With that said, multiple sources made it clear to me that they saw WWE and Punk working together as a possibility if good business can be done. Especially with WWE and UFC merging to form TKO Group Holdings, the new publicly traded company will be looking for more ways to appease stockholders, whom it ultimately answers to. WWE President Nick Khan recently commented on Punk possibly returning and said they have nothing but respect for him.