CM Punk FIRED from AEW; Returns to WWE

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I dont think WWE will take the WBD nor should they, that company is all over the place and getting things off Max to generate revenue.

But this was absolutely leaked to little bro Tony.
They’re the last company I’d want to work with right now. Zaslav is running the company like he’s overseeing a bust out. For all they know he’d pull on them what TNN did to ECW in 2000 or something similar to it.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
They’re the last company I’d want to work with right now. Zaslav is running the company like he’s overseeing a bust out. For all they know he’d pull on them what TNN did to ECW in 2000 or something similar to it.
What WBD has done with AEW isn’t exactly a ringing endorsement of the WBD brand either.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Even if things are shaky atm TNT/TBS aren't going anywhere. One of the best total libraries on cable & MLB/NHL rights, you're not channel surfing & seeing black screens on those channels

Worse comes to worse Zaslov & whoever else they're talking to won't be around to see the end of the deal. The uncertainty isn't ideal, at the same time Raw would outperform anything on both channels besides if they kept some rights to the NBA, WWE/TKO is a big entity, so it's not like whoever came after is taking an axe to it

I don't think it's to little bro anybody more than it's due diligence. WBD could help with leverage with Disney or somebody else. Or, if they are losing the NBA & this is their preparation for it, I could see putting some of that money into Raw & it's on TNT, with the caveat that Raw's the only wrestling show besides little extra one offs each year they might produce (Main Event, Tribute to the troops etc) under Turner networks.

Idk about UFC, other MMA leagues or any of that. Endeavor doesn't own 100% of WWE like it does UFC. The other 49% of WWE is gonna want to make sure Tax Write Off Jamboree Wrestling doesn't get confused for a WWE product being on the same network. Idk I see Endeavor agreeing with that

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps

Dave addresses the WBD getting Raw rumour. Confirms that WWE getting Punk revitalzed the talks that were previously dead and had no chance.

Its not likely WBD has the money that WWE wants especially when the priority is keeping the NBA...but if the NBA looks elsewhere it could be the Wrestling network but they would probably be $50 million shy of the 350 mil asking price the Fed wants. He had mentioned on the full pod, it looks like WWE might not actually ask for exclusivity (so theoritically ROH could be on CW with NXT, Raw could Dynamite)

He also doesnt think this is totally bad news for AEW and they arent in trouble. Likely WBD still cant afford WWE and may keep AEW on a lesser price while tryiing to save for the NBA. But...there's obviously people in WB that love Punk cause they said "lets go back to the table with WWE" with all this cost cutting

But the belief is that the Raw deal with someone is finalized with someone and Punk has resulted in WBD making one last pitch.

Says the reason Punk is doing the LA house show is that they want to showcase him to all the network execs in town as they look to find a buyer for Raw (Disney, Amazon, WBD, Universal etc)
This is hilarious because a month ago we thought he could only crawl to Impact and now hes doing numbers that influence business.

Now its completely possible that Punk's camp is floating this out like Sean Ross says...but this Dave report seems like he asked others in WWE cause Punk dont fukk wit him so I dont know whats up. He certainly isnt talking like he got this from Punk's camp which he usually dimsses

1) Dave doesn't know shyt about television rights. He's shown this recently by being wrong about what WBD is paying for Collision and wrong about Netflix being in the running for WWE TV rights (they aren't looking at any live sports for the foreseeable future).

2) All this is speculation for the sake of putting content out there to justify charging people. Nothing's going to actual be put into movement until the NBA tv rights are secured.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
1) Dave doesn't know shyt about television rights. He's shown this recently by being wrong about what WBD is paying for Collision and wrong about Netflix being in the running for WWE TV rights (they aren't looking at any live sports for the foreseeable future).

2) All this is speculation for the sake of putting content out there to justify charging people. Nothing's going to actual be put into movement until the NBA tv rights are secured.

PWinsider also reported it.
Hasuman (Punk's guy) is saying he was told it wasnt true but that he got a call within WWE said they were surprised by the report yesterday morning and now he got another saying WWE sources might kayfabing sheets either as denial or confirmation for whatever reason.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Hasuman (Punk's guy) is saying he was told it wasnt true but that he got a call within WWE said they were surprised by the report yesterday morning and now he got another saying WWE sources might kayfabing sheets either as denial or confirmation for whatever reason.
SRS yesterday said he can’t confirm any recent meeting between WWE and WBD. Or at least not this one that Meltzer/PWI says happened Monday.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps

I'm referring to Dave specifically. That's not an area he's knowledgeable about.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
SRS yesterday said he can’t confirm any recent meeting between WWE and WBD. Or at least not this one that Meltzer/PWI says happened Monday.

Punk saw SRS throw him under the bus as a source after All in and said "Time to fukk with him"
First the story about him going to WWE which he said Punk's camp floated and wasnt true and now this lol

:pachaha:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I'm referring to Dave specifically. That's not an area he's knowledgeable about.
I dont know he has a history of reporting things on the network side before. Hes called people outside of promotions (Verified legit attendance, Spike/TNA stuff etc)

Nothing he said is so outrageous. to be made up All he said is the guy who WBD liked is back in WWE since the last talks and they want to have one more meeting

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Hausman’s report on this is a fukking mess and more double talk than Dave
He thinks Levesque and Khan might be working other execs just to keep other WWE execs in the dark. Said even WWE execs texted him confused and now thinks AEW should be worried though initially in the report he’s like it might be false lol

Let me find out Punk played the long game and worked all the sheets to get them back for summer 22 including Hausman 😂