CM Punk FIRED from AEW; Returns to WWE

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
If NXT starts going on the road next year I can see them start off there.

They can fill the void of Melo and Bron and work they way up. :manny:
If they going on the road next year nationally then they didn’t get a big enough TV contract.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
100% Don’t Believe Seth Is Really Angry, It’s A Work Of Course lol

I’m Sure Seth Pulled Emotion From A Real Place But He’s On Board With This

He’s Actually A Perfect First Opponent For Punk Given Their History And The Fact Rollins Can Carry The Load And Make Him Look Great In A Match

Only Issue Rollins Is More Popular Than Ever, Does He Go Back Heel Now Or Just Tow The Line With Both Guys?

He's fallen into the gatekeeper role that Dolph had in WWE and Cody Rhodes had in AEW, and from what I recall neither of them were thrilled about it.

Also, guessing that Punk's deal is incentive laden with easy outs for WWE given his past with WWE and recent past with AEW.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
The “weren’t ya’ll shytting on Punk” crowd should give it a rest

This was a big deal because it was WWE. Period, I understand that sounds wild without context, but I’ll break that down.

Punk in WWE is something 99% of the wrestling fanbase universally gave up on at one point and simply didn’t find it possible. It was legitimately hell freezing over. I still woke up in disbelief.. Punk returning to AEW or going anywhere else is like.. “yo.. Punk is back. Cool.” But dude returning to the WWE is legitimately like nikka, WHAT!?

It’s the same thing with Sasha/Mercedes. If AEW does land her, it’ll be a big deal and people would be like “whoa.. this is ill”… but it’s expected, and safe. If she were to return to WWE tho, people would lose their shyt because it’s so shocking and left field. Most of us still don’t even believe she’ll ever work for that company again

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The “weren’t ya’ll shytting on Punk” crowd should give it a rest

This was a big deal because it was WWE. Period, I understand that sounds wild without context, but I’ll break that down.

Punk in WWE is something 99% of the wrestling fanbase universally gave up on at one point and simply didn’t find it possible. It was legitimately hell freezing over. I still woke up in disbelief.. Punk returning to AEW or going anywhere else is like.. “yo.. Punk is back. Cool.” But dude returning to the WWE is legitimately like nikka, WHAT!?

It’s the same thing with Sasha/Mercedes. If AEW does land her, it’ll be a big deal and people would be like “whoa.. this is ill”… but it’s expected, and safe. If she were to return to WWE tho, people would lose their shyt because it’s so shocking and left field. Most of us still don’t even believe she’ll ever work for that company again

I think people often want to get their takes off about "this guy is a hypocrite" or "this person went crawling back" or whatever... here's my quick thoughts

1. Of course Punk is a hypocrite. When money is involved, I think most people are hypocrites. He lost a lot of money getting fired from AEW. He wants to recoup that, it's pretty simple.

2. Wrestling fans are fickle. It's one of Danielson's most memorable promos to me because he hit the nail on the head. Everyone might be shytting on Punk again in 2 months lol.

3. I think Sasha/Mercedes is definitely coming back to WWE at some point. Whether that's her next stop or not I don't know, but that's "home" and she has a good relationship with Hunter.