CM Punk FIRED from AEW; Returns to WWE

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
If NXT starts going on the road next year I can see them start off there.

They can fill the void of Melo and Bron and work they way up. :manny:

I think it all depends on whether Punk and Orton are back full time. I think starting in January it will be all hands on deck. They want to fill Lincoln for two nights and break records etc. they are gonna have Orton in a big program and Punk in a program likely with Rollins...

Following WM, if they are taking a break maybe that's where Carmelo and Bron can fit in but that still doesn't answer the questions about the logjam at the top of the card moving forward.

Either way, it's the most loaded the roster has been since 2002.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
I think it all depends on whether Punk and Orton are back full time. I think starting in January it will be all hands on deck. They want to fill Lincoln for two nights and break records etc. they are gonna have Orton in a big program and Punk in a program likely with Rollins...

Following WM, if they are taking a break maybe that's where Carmelo and Bron can fit in but that still doesn't answer the questions about the logjam at the top of the card moving forward.

Either way, it's the most loaded the roster has been since 2002.

It is indeed a logjam, it’s a good problem to have though. Let’s see how it goes.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Dynamite has stayed in the same ratings wise and the in ring aspect has done well minus the overbooking
Attendance for Dynamite is gradually picking up on average up over the last few weeks combined with better initial pricing, better marketing, and doing strong walk-ups. It hasn’t picked up significantly by any means but it’s gradual progress.

The gate and PPV buys for Full Gear were up compared to the last two PPVs. Full Gear actually nearly did a million dollar gate. Outside of All In those million dollar gates have been few and far between this year.

Also largely don’t really hear about any locker room bullshyt anymore even though some of the people responsible for non-Punk related bullshyt are still around. Like Britt has still been there until the Cole injury, Sammy still been there until his concussion the other week ago, all them ex-WWE guys trying to get fired or released are still there, etc.

Getting Ospreay is a nice perception boost since WWE really wanted him, and announcing MJF resigned (if he has like speculated) will be another good perception boost whenever that happens. Mercedes Mone potentially signing will be a big perception boost and might even help with tickets and ratings.

The TV contract will be the next big step for them. They got to get next day streaming rights, library, and PPVs as part of it in addition to the linear TV rights to make it one huge package.

Still a cold product but like you said it’s recovering gradually. Baby steps if you will. Need the TV ratings to start picking up though.

• Dap
Reactions: 907

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Edge hasn't moved the needle at all. In fairness, beyond merch I'm not sure how much Punk will move the WWE needle but they are getting a ton of engagement right now so we'll see. That's how Punk's first AEW run was but the company failed on the momentum.
Edge videos get a ton of engagement too by AEW standards.