Classic Article of the Source: Dr Dre Leaving Death Row

ULCYril

Pro
Daps
Nobody cared about master p until 1997, fact.
Wikipedia aint facts b ha by 1997 98 master p was already earning 56 mill a year shyt but no one cared about him until 97? Dude already owned hes ob record shop and released 3 albhms by 94 but no one cated about him someone had to care for him to sell records and make money off him.

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
Wikipedia aint facts b ha by 1997 98 master p was already earning 56 mill a year shyt but no one cared about him until 97? Dude already owned hes ob record shop and released 3 albhms by 94 but no one cated about him someone had to care for him to sell records and make money off him.
That's cuz he was putting out all them compilations and shyt, nobody knee of him nation wide til 97

ULCYril

Pro
Daps
He put out like 4 compilations and 5 albums one of them my favorite (mama's bad boy) before 97 pretty sure.
I reckon people knew him b but yes the mainstream audience was hooked by 97 98 but like I said dude was still ballin before that.

That's cuz he was putting out all them compilations and shyt, nobody knee of him nation wide til 97

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As I've gotten older, I started seeing the business aspect in a lot of things. I was so young when Nolimit was doing it that I thought Master P was a huge Pac fan.

I now question how much of a Pac fan Master P really was.

Was Master P actually a huge fan OR did he bite all of Pac's ideas, concepts, etc as a brilliant business move for his career?

This is what P did successfully for years. Take what's hot, whether it's on the local or national level, & pass it off as his own.

It's like immediately as soon as Pac died this nygga P was sounding like Pac like it was a calculated move as a way to make money. He just looked at music as a hustle. Let's push these cd's out, that nygga is hot over there let's use his shyt, etc.

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
As I've gotten older, I started seeing the business aspect in a lot of things. I was so young when Nolimit was doing it that I thought Master P was a huge Pac fan.

I now question how much of a Pac fan Master P really was.

Was Master P actually a huge fan OR did he bite all of Pac's ideas, concepts, etc as a brilliant business move for his career?

This is what P did successfully for years. Take what's hot, whether it's on the local or national level, & pass it off as his own.

It's like immediately as soon as Pac died this nygga P was sounding like Pac like it was a calculated move as a way to make money. He just looked at music as a hustle. Let's push these cd's out, that nygga is hot over there let's use his shyt, etc.

P always sounded like Pac but he ud exploit dude after his death and he still tries to lie about how they were cool and shyt. That Miss My Homies shyt was a blatant "let me drop a track saying I miss my homie Pac and see what happens". Ghetto Dope is a classic and P laid the blueprint for a lot of these labels for movies, tv, clothing, debit cards, cell phones and shyt but half that nikkas money should have went to Pac Estate "just because"

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
P always sounded like Pac but he ud exploit dude after his death and he still tries to lie about how they were cool and shyt. That Miss My Homies shyt was a blatant "let me drop a track saying I miss my homie Pac and see what happens". Ghetto Dope is a classic and P laid the blueprint for a lot of these labels for movies, tv, clothing, debit cards, cell phones and shyt but half that nikkas money should have went to Pac Estate "just because"

No he didn't

You must be one of those who caught on to nolimit when they blew up.

You aren't gonna sit here & tell me P sounded like Pac on Ice Cream Man, Tru's True, 99 ways to die, etc. Listen man. Nolimit has YEARS of material before Ghetto D even came out.

Master P somewhat had his own style, but would occasionally try to sound like he was from the bay, like Scarface & even E-40 at times. He bit everybody. I don't know if anyone recognized this but remember when Bad Boy was jacking old hits back in the 90s? Nolimit started to lowkey to do that too.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Both Been There, Done That and East Coast/West Coast Killaz could have hit with a slightly different approach

Both had laughable videos...especially Been There, Done That...you got the guy from The Chronic doing salsa dances & shyt looking hella soft and the song itself is on some I'm above rap shyt...

East Coat/West Coast had that wack video and B-Real just wasnt needed. The masses dont give a fukk about RBX either..thought I love RBX..

The Aftermath album was pretty trash overall...had 3 or 4 good songs on it.. most of the unknown artists had no real future. I wish Dre would have kept working with Mel Man after 2001

Funny when i first saw the My Name Is video my first thought was "wow Dre is FINISHED" LOL

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
Both Been There, Done That and East Coast/West Coast Killaz could have hit with a slightly different approach

Both had laughable videos...especially Been There, Done That...you got the guy from The Chronic doing salsa dances & shyt looking hella soft and the song itself is on some I'm above rap shyt...

East Coat/West Coast had that wack video and B-Real just wasnt needed. The masses dont give a fukk about RBX either..thought I love RBX..

The Aftermath album was pretty trash overall...had 3 or 4 good songs on it.. most of the unknown artists had no real future. I wish Dre would have kept working with Mel Man after 2001

Funny when i first saw the My Name Is video my first thought was "wow Dre is FINISHED" LOL

never got that impression :manny:

and the last statement says a lot about the validity of your perception compass :sas2:

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
shyt was corny to me and i really didnt see a corny white rapper blowing up. if he dropped one of his other songs first i wouldnt have had that same impression.

Those songs were fundamental in launching Eminem

"Hi My Name Is"
"Real Slim Shady"
"Without Me"
An Eminem release didn't happen without these songs

"Purple Pills"
"My Band"

"Just Lose It"
"We Made You"
"Bezerk"

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Those songs were fundamental in launching Eminem

"Hi My Name Is"
"Real Slim Shady"
"Without Me"
An Eminem release didn't happen without these songs

"Purple Pills"
"My Band"

"Just Lose It"
"We Made You"
"Bezerk"
yeah but you are saying this after his career already unfolded. on a pure first impression stance, seeing that video and Em back then was just a shock for a young black man like myself. i didnt see or hear it until Guilty Conscience..then i realized Dre had something big