Clap For The Puppet Show - 2018 Dallas Cowboys Off-Season Thread

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
3rd and 7+ vs 3rd and short....that's the big difference btw this year and last year. some of that is on Dak but most of it is on the oline.
I'm putting most of it on Dak, not only has he been inaccurate but he's had running lanes and he hesitates. On a completely different note fukk TAYLOR STERN:pacspit:

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

4:55 Ray may be a c00n but I'll be damned if he ain't qualified to speak in Jason Garrett the way his defenses shyt on him for years. I still remember Ed Reed saying the same shyt Ray just said. Really Jerry?:stopitslime:

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV

4:55 Ray may be a c00n but I'll be damned if he ain't qualified to speak in Jason Garrett the way his defenses shyt on him for years. I still remember Ed Reed saying the same shyt Ray just said. Really Jerry?:stopitslime:

I literally went straight to that timestamp since I pressed play and saw who was sitting at that desk. It's a c00n smorgasbord!

What Ray said was right tho. Nothing to throw the defense off. We make it so easy for opponents to line up and take us out. It started happening in the latter part of last year and has crept in to this year

If I'm a coach, had great success with two big time rookies...the next year ima try to implement another level, so defenses can't key in on what we did great last year. It's about staying a step ahead. But our coaches love to play arrogant and go with exactly what we did last year as if NO ONE was gonna study how to beat it. I mean c'mon Cowboys coaches, ya'll GOT to do better than that.

I love this team and feel we just need something to shake us up. Just put the guys in better positions. Not 7 yards off em when it's 3rd and 3.... Not coming out in 11 or 12 personnel every single first down...change things up. Make teams think and guess sometimes

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I got some real questions if we dont win Sunday...

Offense needs some more imagination. Defense needs to be more agressive in the secondary and stop giving these corny ass receivers so much cushion underneath..

Green Bay runs nothing but quick underneath shyt.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
I got some real questions if we dont win Sunday...

Offense needs some more imagination. Defense needs to be more agressive in the secondary and stop giving these corny ass receivers so much cushion underneath..

Green Bay runs nothing but quick underneath shyt.
:pachaha: Funniest shyt I every heard a group of WRs referred to as.

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
Woke up and read this. I'm going back to sleep

Is Dez Bryant good or just a bye product of Jon Kitna?

This is dumb shyt. Dez looked good with Kitna before he did with Romo. It wasn’t until the 2012 season (mid season st that) where Dez and Romo finally were on the same page (if you remember Laurent led all WR’s with 11 TDs in 2011, Dez had 9, Smiles Austin 7)

It’s going to take Dak that same amount of time too.

The other issue is I feel like they giving Dak the keys too early with having complete control of the offense. We’re back to snapping the ball a second before we receive a delay of game penalty because Dak is now being forced to make all these presnap adjustments like Romo did. Last year they gave Dak two plays and that was it. These coaches (offense) are fukking lazy and unimaginative. Tanking the rest of the season meaning Garrett gets the axe would have me on cloud 9.

But I wanna win...hopefully we win in spite of this scrub

Last edited:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Percy on CZ posted some good numbers. Oline is ruining this team.

Elliott on 1st down
2016 5.5 ypc
2017 2.8 ypc

Elliott on 1st and 2nd down
2016 5.3 ypc
2017 3.4 ypc

The above stats are mine, from Pro Football Reference. The next two are from Adam Spinks@TheRBScout. In this first one, he determines the point (relative to the LOS) at which a defender is in tackling position. The players on the left have had the most running room. On the right are the players who have gained the most yards after this point.

DLTUYrRUEAAai1s.jpg:large

In this next one, Spinks counts box defenders, but rather than simply listing those times when there was a certain number (8 in the box, for example), he takes offensive personnel into account and only lists those times when there was an extra defender in the box relative to the number of blockers. According to Spinks, on 62% of Elliott's runs in the first four games, Dallas had at least as many blockers as there were box defenders.

DLUVkh9VoAACGwL.jpg:large

CaughtInTWebb

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big D, Texas
Aye brehs....I been thinking and I can’t say play calling has been an issue...they just not executing....for years they been saying they know our offense and teams still have a hard time stopping it.......they just not executing brehs....

Missed blocked....late passes...drops...not executing..

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aye brehs....I been thinking and I can’t say play calling has been an issue...they just not executing....for years they been saying they know our offense and teams still have a hard time stopping it.......they just not executing brehs....

Missed blocked....late passes...drops...not executing..
Coaching needs to help sometimes. Listen to NFL champion Eric Davis on Garrett. He been clowning him for a minute. It's not the players