Clap For The Puppet Show - 2018 Dallas Cowboys Off-Season Thread

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Dak needs to throw the ball to who is open. If that means less stats for Dez, I am absolutely fine with that. We saw what happened when we forced it Dez'ss way a couple of games ago.
Forcing the ball comes from not reading a defense/not knowing how to go through your progressions. That's not on Dez. When Dak reads the defense presnap and sees Dez with 1 on 1, he needs to go to him 100% of the time. :manny:

We have good WRs and he gave a game changer. Put the ball in the hands of your game changer.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
When you're an elite WR getting paid that kinda money it shouldn't matter who's covering you. I don't see no Prime Time or prime Revis out there. 114 yards in 3 games is unacceptable and it needs to be fixed immediately

can't do anything when defenses with elite corners are scheming to take him out. I love dez as much as the next guy but he is in the top 10 in targets and I believe leads receivers in red zone targets(last I checked), he is getting balls thrown to him but we have to give the defenses a little credit.

I do agree the coaching staff needs to find ways to get him the ball. I've been saying that for a while now and I've seen them put him in motion and playing him in the slot a lot more than he has in previous years.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Forcing the ball comes from not reading a defense/not knowing how to go through your progressions. That's not on Dez. When Dak reads the defense presnap and sees Dez with 1 on 1, he needs to go to him 100% of the time. :manny:

We have good WRs and he gave a game changer. Put the ball in the hands of your game changer.
The problem is, they arent on the same page. Go back and look at the Denver tape. Those near INTs that Dez batted away were because Dak was thinking back shoulder fade whereas Dez was thinking Go route. Same thing on Talibs pick 6. Dak threw it the same way he threw it on Dez td earlier in the game but Dez was running a fade.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
can't do anything when defenses with elite corners are scheming to take him out. I love dez as much as the next guy but he is in the top 10 in targets and I believe leads receivers in red zone targets(last I checked), he is getting balls thrown to him but we have to give the defenses a little credit.

I do agree the coaching staff needs to find ways to get him the ball. I've been saying that for a while now and I've seen them put him in motion and playing him in the slot a lot more than he has in previous years.
This is why I mentioned high percentage opportunities. If you read the stat sheet from the Giants game and see how many times he was targeted you would say his numbers should have been better. But when you actually watch the game and you see the quality of those targets you see they were low percentage plays.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
This is why I mentioned high percentage opportunities. If you read the stat sheet from the Giants game and see how many times he was targeted you would say his numbers should have been better. But when you actually watch the game and you see the quality of those targets you see they were low percentage plays.
he has a total of 4 catches in 3 games against the giants with Jenkins shadowing him. its a combination of a good defender(defense) and offensive scheme. again, September was going to be a rough month for dez and the rest of the team but I expect to see the offense open up a lot more with the rams, green bay, 49ers and deadskins on the schedule next.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
I saw a chart and now I can't find it but it showed targets and outlined uncatchable passes in red. You woulda thought YG himself put the graph together.

All I'm saying is Dak is leaving a lot of meat on the bone. If defenses were scheming against Dez by lining a safety over the top, playing punt return coverage against him, then I'll understand. But disguising double coverage and lining up against a "good corner" ain't enough to take your no. 1 WR out of the game.

"That what the defense gave us so we took" - passing game

"We imposed our will"- running game

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
I saw a chart and now I can't find it but it showed targets and outlined uncatchable passes in red. You woulda thought YG himself put the graph together.

All I'm saying is Dak is leaving a lot of meat on the bone. If defenses were scheming against Dez by lining a safety over the top, playing punt return coverage against him, then I'll understand. But disguising double coverage and lining up against a "good corner" ain't enough to take your no. 1 WR out of the game.

"That what the defense gave us so we took" - passing game

"We imposed our will"- running game

:deadrose:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

Cole World was getting those triple coverage looks.
:snoop:
When this happens everyone else on offense need to step the hell up.

This is where Romo's experience would come in handy. He would've recognized the coverage and audibled into a fly route for Dez.

Dak is still learning to read defenses. Can't treat him like a seasoned vet. As long as he continues to keep the turnovers down that's all I care about. Dez got his big payday. All that's left is a ring.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea if Dez didn't get paid I think he'd be a headache but he really needs to just keep quiet and run his routes . But Dak is missing a lot but I'm cool with it for now.