Clap For The Puppet Show - 2018 Dallas Cowboys Off-Season Thread

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
I'm def coming back down to earth. No way we make a superbowl run UNLESS major changes are made on defense, coaching, and I never thought i'd say this but offense is lookin sus as hell

:mjlol:

Did delusional Cowboys fans really think this team was capable of beating a hungry Falcons squad or a healthy Packers squad this season?

I'm not even sure this Cowboys team is capable of beating the Bucs, which is a team on the rise.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Time to put Dez on the trading block.

You can't have a #1 WR with low football IQ.

A lot of drives are wasted when they try to force the ball to him.

Maybe we can get some pieces on the defense.

He runs no routes... its always something vertical along the sideline. No separation... none!!!

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Stephen A. gonna rip this squad bad.

My takes are.. Dez is not reliable.
CBs give too much cushion
Dallas needs to spread these box defenses out on first down. 4WR sets and run

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
Yeah Offense is built around that line and the run game

Dak isn't gonna beat you throwing 40 times a game. He's not that kind of qb he's a game manager
Yeah but we knew that literally from day one.

Our offensive gameplan has zero creativity.

Either we run all over fools and look like a Superbowl team.

Or we struggle and put the world on Dak's shoulders.

But almost never do I see us running anything to build his confidence or take advantange of the intermediate passing game.

It's Witten and Beasly freestyling and us forcing deep passes to Dez.

The most fukking frustrating thing ever is when Garrett and Linehan try to outsmart the whole world...last week Linehan called 3 straight pass plays on first and goal at the 3.

Un-fukking-acceptable.

I can't fault the defense entirely. They're young, injured, suspended, etc... We knew it would be a learning year for them.

But for the offense to come out and look this bad is ridiculous. Garrett needs to be gone. Yesterday.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Yeah Offense is built around that line and the run game

Dak isn't gonna beat you throwing 40 times a game. He's not that kind of qb he's a game manager

Dak's not a game manager. You aren't going to beat the best pass defense in the league throwing 40 times period. Elite defenses shut down quarterbacks period.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Yes they do.

It just nothing but 50/50 fly routes up the sideline.

Run fly routes for a slow receiver. :snoop:

They don't move him around. Their offense consist of basic plays with basic routes. The quarterback goes through the progressions and throws to the open WR. The basically takes what the defense gives them.

The only difference is when Romo was the QB he was able to get them out of certain plays based on the defense set up. Dak is young so he hasn't mastered that yet. It took Romo time to figure it out. Back in the day Romo would force passes and throw up jump balls because the routes don't get players open.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I can already feel it, Dak is about to be under fire. He's going to feel that spotlight for real this week. People are already calling for Romo.

Romo took chances and it cost Dallas a lot of games in the past.

At some point the DEFENSE has to win games.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
He's a game manager the offense runs through the oline and run game first not him
avg 29 pass attempts last year. this year he's avg 45 pass attempts in the first two games. i don't know what the fukk this offensive staff is doing but it's going away from its ground and pound philosophy.