Clap For The Puppet Show - 2018 Dallas Cowboys Off-Season Thread

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
It's the Browns dude.

Yeah they really hyped them up and then all I heard was the OBJ excuses. I do think that this team will be in trouble whenever Dak tries to be "the guy". When the offense runs through Zeke everyone looks much better, I think Zeke showed Dak why it does matter who's running the ball.

Nice win...

defense looked impressive. I'm not going to get crazy over one win but that looked nice.

This offense has GOT to flow through Zeke. Dak is good, he plays better when Zeke takes the pressure off of him

I agree but this is just one game...and against a great D that the Giants paid a lot for. I would like to see a game or 2 where Dak could seriously ball out and have like 400+ passing yards and 4-5 TDs. He was off a lot during 1st half but he played a solid game overall and didn't turn over the ball. That play action TD to Witt was nice. I think Dak was a lil less poised and shaky starting off. He did manage the game well especially in the 2nd half. He did say he will get ball downfield more this year and hopefully he will have opportunities to do that.

Broncos D is good so he may have to go thru another learning curve next game. Broncos O (o-line especially) wasn't good last year and not sure if they improved this year. They have some good wideouts so we will see if Boys D can ball out again.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
For Roger, 49, this intersection of his sons' career in North Texas is extra-special. Though he grew up in Fort Wayne -- Bears, Packers and Lions country -- he's been a Cowboys fan since he was 5 and the team was quarterbacked by another Roger: Staubach.

"It's kind of surreal," he says. "All of it is a total blessing. For them to be on my favorite team? For them to both be there and have the opportunity to fulfill their dream together?

"I mean, as a dad, what more could you ask for?"
The 'surreal' path brothers Jaylon, Rod Smith took to the Cowboys to play together for the first time
1504473579-COWLEDE_0901SPO_58547134-(1).JPG

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
You have to appreciate and respect Dak for what he is: a sound quarterback with athletic ability and great decision making skills. In year two I don't think he'll be the prolific passer that'll pick teams apart up and down the field but that's not what we need of him either.

You have a core of receivers that can work 1-15 yards down the field and consistently keep the chains moving. That gung-ho throw the ball 40 times all over the field days left with Romo.

Up Next is the Broncos who's defense could provide a similar test for our offense.

We would have blown them out with Romo
:troll:
:guilty:

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
You have to appreciate and respect Dak for what he is: a sound quarterback with athletic ability and great decision making skills. In year two I don't think he'll be the prolific passer that'll pick teams apart up and down the field but that's not what we need of him either.

You have a core of receivers that can work 1-15 yards down the field and consistently keep the chains moving. That gung-ho throw the ball 40 times all over the field days left with Romo.

Up Next is the Broncos who's defense could provide a similar test for our offense.

We would have blown them out with Romo
:troll:
:guilty:

Sorry breh, I'm completely on board with the Dak train; he's our QB and Romo is a thing of the past.

But Romo had the Giants number for years. Minus the Dez Bryant finger nail in October 2012, Romo led teams against the Giants were 5-0 after, 3 of which were 4th quarter comebacks (November 2013, November 2014, September 2015)

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I agree but this is just one game...and against a great D that the Giants paid a lot for. I would like to see a game or 2 where Dak could seriously ball out and have like 400+ passing yards and 4-5 TDs. He was off a lot during 1st half but he played a solid game overall and didn't turn over the ball. That play action TD to Witt was nice. I think Dak was a lil less poised and shaky starting off. He did manage the game well especially in the 2nd half. He did say he will get ball downfield more this year and hopefully he will have opportunities to do that.

Broncos D is good so he may have to go thru another learning curve next game. Broncos O (o-line especially) wasn't good last year and not sure if they improved this year. They have some good wideouts so we will see if Boys D can ball out again.
This game will be just like the Giants game, the Broncos D is no joke but that offense is ugly.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Sorry breh, I'm completely on board with the Dak train; he's our QB and Romo is a thing of the past.

But Romo had the Giants number for years. Minus the Dez Bryant finger nail in October 2012, Romo led teams against the Giants were 5-0 after, 3 of which were 4th quarter comebacks (November 2013, November 2014, September 2015)
True but Romo played the Vagiants when they were truly :Flabandsickmidget:

They had historically bad defenses those years

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water

Whats Romo record against the Giants when it mattered most :lupe:

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Dak is still in year 2 with smart decision making...Brady played the same role for his first 4 years. If he has the drive, then the sky's the limit.

Romo wins this game, but we would have been decimated vs/ the Packers with him in the playoffs. fukk that cac....he's gone. :yeshrug:

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX

I think everybody's on board with Dak bruh.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Dak is still in year 2 with smart decision making...Brady played the same role for his first 4 years. If he has the drive, then the sky's the limit.

Romo wins this game, but we would have been decimated vs/ the Packers with him in the playoffs. fukk that cac....he's gone. :yeshrug:

You a Cowboys fan?:hhh:

That disrespect for Romo is no good fam:dahell:

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
Whats Romo record against the Giants when it mattered most :lupe:

come on man we can't pin any of the losses maybe minus 2007 on Romo. If anything Crayton is the reason why we lost that game TWICE.

2011 he played with a hand that was bigger than Tyra Banks forehead and still had a passer rating of 102.3 (this was the game Newman got burned and ultimately released)