Clap For The Puppet Show - 2018 Dallas Cowboys Off-Season Thread

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Our team not even in cap hell :snoop:

We're under the cap. Philly start FA 9 mil over. They're still being aggressive. We're still chillin :manny: We've been burnt so much in the past, I don't blame them for sticking to what's been working recently. THE DRAFT. Our team isn't far away from a personnel stand point to where we need to make all these moves.

Hell if Dak comes back with more chemistry with Dez and Zeke then we're already +2 wins from last year with this current roster.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Our team not even in cap hell :snoop:

We're under the cap. Philly start FA 9 mil over. They're still being aggressive. We're still chillin :manny: We've been burnt so much in the past, I don't blame them for sticking to what's been working recently. THE DRAFT. Our team isn't far away from a personnel stand point to where we need to make all these moves.

Hell if Dak comes back with more chemistry with Dez and Zeke then we're already +2 wins from last year with this current roster.
This. I’m aight with not spending in free agency. It rarely works out for us . The most important thing for us is Zeke back for 19 games and Dak progressively becoming a better qb. We been hitting on these draft picks recently,

Only thing I wish we would do is move Witten and get a DT. And now linebacker is a priority. Maybe we can get shaquem griffin with one of comp picks

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
This. I’m aight with not spending in free agency. It rarely works out for us . The most important thing for us is Zeke back for 19 games and Dak progressively becoming a better qb. We been hitting on these draft picks recently,

Only thing I wish we would do is move Witten and get a DT. And now linebacker is a priority. Maybe we can get shaquem griffin with one of comp picks
I hope he has a great career in the AFC, I don't want to draft him.

I can't deal with it.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Sometimes the best moves to make are NO moves. After calming down some and doing some thinking (plus reading you guys' posts) I'm not mad.

I just don't want us picking up bums just because they're cheap. We draft well, but it seems like we sometimes get scared to play em. I say put em in. Especially those in platoon type roles (CB, LB, etc)

Usually the teams that do a lot of moving and shaking around this time of year had problems or weren't winning. I just want us to be disciplined and smart in our approach to FA and especially in the draft.

I'd love a Suh or a Jordy Nelson, but I'd have rather us spend money (if we had it) on a Hitchens who we knew and were comfortable with.

I listened to Bryan, Rob, and Mickey talk about it yesterday. Mickey had an article on the website about the cap situation. We paid for DLaw, didn't leave much room for anyone else. The way he broke the cap situation down, it really made me understand what we're looking at right now. 4 (with La'el) guys on the O Line making about $45 Ms combined...which is more than a quarter of our cap...Add on a D Law and we looking at almost $70 Ms for 5 guys...35 something percent of capspace.

Where I think we have to get better is getting/acquiring/drafting guys and getting them out in a timely fashion. Nothing wrong with holding onto a Jason Witten if he's being productive and cost friendly. We get caught up in that loyalty game. Acquire a guy, thru FA or draft, use them and get value then be able to move them before they cost you a fortune. Can't keep shopping in the FA bin. It's cool to supplement with FA, sometimes you find a guy or someone in a bad situation, but mostly you're overpaying for the production someone else benefited from. Try to keep your own, but be ready to get em out to get value for them. Better to get rid of a guy a year early, than a year late, it's all about finding a way to receive value for a guy.

No reason we should have T Will and Cole Beasely with basically the same deal. We should be able to cut one without killing ourselves. Then you go out and draft a Beasely clone in Switzer...but can't get Noah Brown or Rico on the field. Yet we got fans that wanna draft a WR with the first pick...smh Got to be smarter with HOW we do things around here. We still have a viable team tho, but that window can close in an instant. Hopefully Dak and the WRs are joined at the hip right now thru the summer, they all come back with a vengeance and this could be a GREAT year. If I'm Dak, I'd work on nothing but accuracy and chemistry this offseason. He should be wiping Dez butt after he get off the toilet, they should be so close.

Sorry for the rant but those were my thoughts again, on where we are now with the offseason. More thoughts when FA becomes official and more moves are made

CaughtInTWebb

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big D, Texas

Man I’m praying Witten just retires....take that TV money...