Clap For The Puppet Show - 2018 Dallas Cowboys Off-Season Thread

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
No thanks to Romo as head coach. I don't want another guy to be fast tracked into the head coaching experience who is also super close to Jerry and will got extended even in the face of failure. Give me a guy with no relation to Jerry who will actually be held accountable if he fails.
I'd let Romo prove himself as an offensive coordinator first. McVay was only a coordinator for three seasons before getting the Rams gig.

Everyone wants the next Sean McVay, and Romo can be that guy. That's if Romo even wants to coach.

The GOAT Bill Belichick was gushing over his pre-game interview with Romo earlier in the season when Romo was prepping for a Pats game.

"He sees a lot of things -- a lot of fine points of defensive scheme or a play that I’d say a lot of guys I talk to don’t, and he asks about those: ‘What was this guy reading on this? Why did this guy do that? Was this guy’s job on this play to do something that is kind of subtle?’ He picks up on those things and I’d say asks a lot of very detailed coaching, technical-type questions that you don’t get in a lot of those meetings. He’s good. I’ve enjoyed working with him.”

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How in the hell are John Lynch and Brian Dawkins getting HOF consideration over Darren Woodson. Whe he have better numbers and more Super Bowls than both players. :gucci:

How in the hell is Steve Atwater not in the HOF as well. :mindblown:

Are they just going to ignore the best safeties of the 90's. :mindblown:

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Was that story on David Irving posted here? Honestly sounds like he oughta consider retirement :huhldup: Duke got into a fender bender picking up his daughter because he didnt know where he was at.

Yall remember Marion Barber and his erratic behavior after his career ended? People thought it was mental but I think its obvious he took one too many hits to the head. I dont know why I was randomly thinking about him yesterday.

Last edited:

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
Was that story on David Irving posted here? Honestly sounds like he oughta consider retirement :huhldup: Duke got into a fender bender picking his up his daughter because he didnt know where he was at.

Yall remember Marion Barber and his erratic behavior after his career ended? People thought it was mental but I think its obvious he took one too many hits to the head. I dont know why I was randomly thinking about him yesterday.
wow...link to the story? Thats crazy

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, it has been the Philadelphia writers that spearhead T.O. not being in the HOF. :beli:

While the San Francisco writers and DFW writers has voted for T.O. every year. :ehh:

Rick Gosselin and Charean Williams said they voted for T.O. the past 3 years.

The Philadelphia Eagles are pieces of shyt from the top down. :hhh:

Man played on one leg for y'all and this is how y'all treat him. :hhh:

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
The GOAT Bill Belichick was gushing over his pre-game interview with Romo earlier in the season when Romo was prepping for a Pats game.

"He sees a lot of things -- a lot of fine points of defensive scheme or a play that I’d say a lot of guys I talk to don’t, and he asks about those: ‘What was this guy reading on this? Why did this guy do that? Was this guy’s job on this play to do something that is kind of subtle?’ He picks up on those things and I’d say asks a lot of very detailed coaching, technical-type questions that you don’t get in a lot of those meetings. He’s good. I’ve enjoyed working with him.”

Romo as a McDaniels replacement? :patrice:

Do it :beli:

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Secondary coach Joe Baker fired :dead:
I came in this thread to comment on the secondary :heh:

Clearly Chido and Lewis are the starters. I like AB in the slot more than I like Scandrick. I want to see Woods get extended playing time at one of the S spots.

What are the roles of Scandrick, Heath, Jones--I don't see Scandrick being 4th on the depth & can see him being replaceable. I think we figure out the secondary with the players on the roster cause we drafted 3 DB's last year and there are more pressing needs.

BPA should be the method going into the draft with DT, LB, OL, WR being the biggest concerns

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
I came in this thread to comment on the secondary :heh:

Clearly Chido and Lewis are the starters. I like AB in the slot more than I like Scandrick. I want to see Woods get extended playing time at one of the S spots.

What are the roles of Scandrick, Heath, Jones--I don't see Scandrick being 4th on the depth & can see him being replaceable. I think we figure out the secondary with the players on the roster cause we drafted 3 DB's last year and there are more pressing needs.

BPA should be the method going into the draft with DT, LB, OL, WR being the biggest concerns
Scandrick I would think is gone, and Byron is just biding his time until he's out of the league after next year. The dream scenario for me is Earl Thomas and plugging Woods in at SS

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If we can't get Earl Thomas, we will need to draft a FS. Can't go into next year with Heath starting. Hell, I'd prefer if we cut Heath. But that will never happen, unfortunately.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Scandrick I would think is gone, and Byron is just biding his time until he's out of the league after next year. The dream scenario for me is Earl Thomas and plugging Woods in at SS
Woods can’t tackle good enough to be a safety imo. Dude small as hell. Look at him next to earl Thomas when Earl was next to Garrett and Earl is a smaller safety