Clap For The Puppet Show - 2018 Dallas Cowboys Off-Season Thread

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I was listening to Braoddus talk about something some of us have mentioned dude doesn't like taking risk. That's good when we are winning but I'm sure D coordinators see that too and are like let's cover them tight and he will hold the ball. Some is still on the WR like them drops in NY where they were fukking up all over but Dak definitely gets blame too.
He's playing like his draft profile now.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Don’t compare a second year qb to a guy whose been in pro football for almost 25 years. They aren’t held to the same standard. Garrett should be teaching Dak
I can't fukk with that no accountability shyt. The rpo works sometimes and sometimes they don't but if we going to shyt on Garrett for calling it we got shyt on Dak for calling the wrong thing in y'all's minds.

He's playing like his draft profile now.
I hope next year he turns it around. The thing is for that to happen we might have to get rid of Dez because we know this dude scarred to really throw contested balls and that's where Dez is his best besides the slants.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I can't fukk with that no accountability shyt. The rpo works sometimes and sometimes they don't but if we going to shyt on Garrett for calling it we got shyt on Dak for calling the wrong thing in y'all's minds.

I hope next year he turns it around. The thing is for that to happen we might have to get rid of Dez because we know this dude scarred to really throw contested balls and that's where Dez is his best besides the slants.
The problem with this is that it still makes it seem as if Dez is the issue, when really he didn't want to throw to any WR no matter how long or short the pass was. He didn't even see a wide open Witten 15yds down the field and he never checked for Beasley underneath, and that's why Beasley was visible pissed off during games.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
The problem with this is that it still makes it seem as if Dez is the issue, when really he didn't want to throw to any WR no matter how long or short the pass was. He didn't even see a wide open Witten 15yds down the field and he never checked for Beasley underneath, and that's why Beasley was visible pissed off during games.
I mean they might have to get rid of all of,them tbh but I used Dez because he's the most profile and the number 1. I agree with you on the rest.

Who doubts Dak will get in the lab and work this offseason? Whatever Dak is, we’ll find out next year good or bad :yeshrug:
Fam this been his problem why hasn't he been in the lab? I hope he changes but I said the same shyt last year about his accuracy and said he could work on it during the offseason. Its like fat folks they know what they need to do but been doing things their way so long its hard to switch it up. Hope I'm wrong cause I don't dislike dude just want him to be more accurate and less scarred on throws.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean they might have to get rid of all of,them tbh but I used Dez because he's the most profile and the number 1. I agree with you on the rest.

Fam this been his problem why hasn't he been in the lab? I hope he changes but I said the same shyt last year about his accuracy and said he could work on it during the offseason. Its like fat folks they know what they need to do but been doing things their way so long its hard to switch it up. Hope I'm wrong cause I don't dislike dude just want him to be more accurate and less scarred on throws.
He probably underestimated what he needed to work on since he was so successful last year. It was on the coaches the reel him in and change the answers to the test because d coordinators were going to bring different questions. That’s why I say next year we’ll see what he is, no excuses

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Bottom line, there's plenty of blame for everyone:
  • Offensive Playcalling has been trash which has forced the athleticism of our offense to carry this mediocre team
  • That Falcons game gave Dak a severe case of PTSD: word to all the hesitation, check downs, holding on the ball, etc.
  • WRs are getting open, but not enough [we'll chalk that up to Linehan calling 4 verts on 3rd & 5] :lolbron:
  • Dez regressed, but let's see how he bounces back in 2018 [especially if the FO calls his bluff and drafts a WR in the 1st or 2nd]
  • Witten is and has been a liability to this offense. There is absolutely no reason to have a TE on the field on 3rd and long. Needs to be 10 or 11 personel in those situations. 3rd and 5 ok, but his :flabbynsick: ass needs to be on the sideline for anything longer.
  • Mentorship from Mark Sanchez helped Dak alot in 2016-17 (can't believe I just said that)
  • The most underrated catalyst for this shytty offense in 2017-18......... [drum roll]

Dak Prescott's Passer Rating with Tyron Smith on the field: 98.1

Dak Prescott's Passer Rating WITHOUT Tyron Smith on the field: 55.2
:scust:

I know its a horrible reason to fault his struggles. But he played bad this year when Tyron was out and that falls on the coaches and FO for lack of player depth and gameplanning.

Last edited:

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Not a verified source, but Broaddus responded to it.

:mjgrin:

Edit:

fukkery incoming :shaq:

Last edited:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After the whole Quincy Carter fiasco, I really haven't been a fan of changing offense coordinators on young QBs but after 1st and goal against Seattle results in no Zeke carries and a missed field goal, I'd send Linehan away with a draft pick if I had to to get rid of him:francis:.

I don't give a fukk, yes I'm still not over that bullshyt and won't be until next season starts. I want Linehan gone more than I want Garrett gone.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fellow c00nboys Stans, who we rooting for to get hurt today? Lots of options :whew:

The inevitable is coming. :mjlol:

ring-pop_2.png