CK4: The Team that made Pat & The Team that the Don made: The Miami Heat vs Your Boss Angeles Lakers

Who wins Corona Kombat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Some of ya Laker fans are cool. Ya understand Miami didn’t get to the finals on some fluke shyt. We got to the finals just like ya did! We took out tough teams.

But a good chunk of ya acting like ya uninformed or don’t watch basketball at all, the way ya think Miami will be some kind of walk in the park.

I just seen Lakers do their media day and Lebron and AD both spoke in length (pause) about how great Miami is as a team and organization and how they won’t underestimate them because they know they can also win it. Lebron almost seemed like he was caught up in the moment of going down memory lane that he couldn’t stop talking about Spo’s coaching and winning mentality.

None of that common “yea they’re a good team, we give them props.” shyt either.

shyt AD was saying how much Lebron wants to win this one because he knows this will be his toughest Finals mentally because of the circumstances and how it’ll be #2 behind his Cleveland title.

ya gone regret doubting the Heat
:ufdup:

Bullshyt

His toughest finals were against the warriors

Get the biasness out of your system and think neutrally, Bron always says nothing but good things about opposing teams in the finals

:hhh:

Heat is a great organization but nothing special.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Nother thought: Miami's lack of depth my hurt them too.

Not that the Lakers are the picture of deep but Miami's basically playing 7 guys while the Lakers have been getting it done with a lot of weird ass lineups. I think they have more adjustments and strategies on the table than MIA.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wade was more of a liability and what was the Heat bench looking in 2014?

Who would want to go to the Heat AFTER Bron left?

There's a reason teams fall off after Bron leaves them.

That's very well good and all you have confidence in your team but reality always wins, Lakers are taking this championship.

More bron goggles. Teams he left fall off? Were in the finals and he sabotaged cleveland worst than us when he left. U forgot that big LA cleveland trade 5 months before he left to LA for nothing?? If this series is close are yall blaming bron or Caruso and kuzma :lolbron:

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
Bullshyt

His toughest finals were against the warriors

Get the biasness out of your system and think neutrally, Bron always says nothing but good things about opposing teams in the finals

:hhh:

Heat is a great organization but nothing special.

nikka I didn’t say that shyt, AD said that.
Watch the interview before calling me biased

Ya dudes be on some shyt
:mjlol:

Kairi Irving

Daps
More bron goggles. Teams he left fall off? Were in the finals and he sabotaged cleveland worst than us when he left. U forgot that big LA cleveland trade 5 months before he left to LA for nothing?? If this series is close are yall blaming bron or Caruso and kuzma :lolbron:

Miami Heat apparently didn't fall off after Bron left in '14

They finally back after 6 years lol

You dumbass stans are hilarious

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
Miami Heat apparently didn't fall off after Bron left in '14

They finally back after 6 years lol

You dumbass stans are hilarious
And that's why I said you don't sell off everything, because he usually leaves anyway for the next shiny object. Back in the Finals after 6 years is better than trading every pick for the next decade and he leaves...and you're fukked

Kairi Irving

Daps
And that's why I said you don't sell off everything, because he usually leaves anyway for the next shiny object. Back in the Finals after 6 years is better than trading every pick for the next decade and he leaves...and you're fukked

Point is he's acting like the Heat didn't go from a 1 seed to a 9 seed immediately after brons departure

Heat fans are looking like celtics fans, this is why i could never be a fan of an organization, blind faith in something as trivial as a sports team is laughable to me; lot of you guys here literally can't see past your own bias.... Lakers are undoubtedly winning this series. I'm being completely honest.

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The world really disrespecting our squad saying we getting swept like we aint just lose 1 more game than LA this whole playoffs. We kno playoff bron locked in wuteva and people keep bringing up what the other teams tried to do to stop
The lakers but they aint us.

we already beat the #1 team in the nba who was the bucks not lakers dont know why yall keep forgetting that shyt and a #3 seed with a supposedly genius cac coach. Min deal un guaranteed contract dwight howard is all of a sudden DPOY howard from 2009 cause he got on a lakers jersey?? Fukk outtahere Heat in 6
Bucks are the #1 regular season team

they are not built for the playoffs
Denver is better than anybody in the East

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
Point is he's acting like the Heat didn't go from a 1 seed to a 9 seed immediately after brons departure

Heat fans are looking like celtics fans, this is why i could never be a fan of an organization, blind faith in something as trivial as a sports team is laughable to me; lot of you guys here literally can't see past your own bias.... Lakers are undoubtedly winning this series. I'm being completely honest.
And there are reasons behind that. When you're in luxury tax in a contending team, you can't just maintain level of play when someone like Lebron leaves. What the team gonna do when they still way over cap? Replace him with the MLE? The Bosh blood clots were also a serious set back and more dead money. shyt happens

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Great preview with some tape/clips from the previous match-ups.

Some knowledge for some of youse to smarten up and stop making proclamations like an AD & Bron tandem won't ever sniff a finals :troll:

Scouting Report: How the Heat can stop the Lakers (Part 1)

Defensive Matchups

Jimmy Butler → LeBron James
Duncan Robinson → Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Goran Dragic → Danny Green
Jae Crowder → Anthony Davis
Bam Adebayo → JaVale McGee/Dwight Howard

The obvious swap can come in the frontcourt, with Adebayo taking on Davis in a battle of Kentucky big man supremacy. Ultimately, it probably makes more sense to let Crowder attempt to bother Davis’ base, and use Adebayo as a guy that can swoop in for help.

Actions to Watch For:

• Wide Pindown
The Lakers generally use LeBron and Rajon Rondo as their pick-and-roll ball handlers, and for good reason. They’re easily the best creators on the team, possessing sky-high basketball IQ and preternatural court vision.

They use wide pindowns in early offense to get their other guards downhill. If those actions aren’t switched, they’re built-in ways to create advantage situations.

kcp-wide-pindown.gif

Major Keys

1. Crowd the paint

This is, and forever will be, priority number one when defending LeBron James. He’s an absolute tank, and, even at this stage of his career, has the combination of speed and power necessary to waltz into paint points against top tier defenders.

There’s no need to make things easier for him.

In ball-screen actions, going under the screen is going to be the best option to choose. That works when running traditional drop coverage (this should be a drop series), or if switching is the call. Ultimately, you want to keep things in front and try to keep him from turning the corner.

lebron-missed-jumper-under.gif

Major Keys

1. Shade him left

There isn’t much you can do with Davis inside of 18 feet. He’s lethal from the triple threat position, equipped with a smooth jumper and a high release point, as well as a quick first step that can get him to the rim in a dribble or two.

Him taking a jumper is generally a win for the defense, but his hot streak from mid-range (50.6 percent on 5.8 attempts this postseason) has continued. Whether he’s facing up or backing guys down, he wants to get to his right hand. He has a reliable sweeping hook, can fully extend for Giannis-like layups and he’s comfortable turning over his left shoulder for jumpers.

Force him the other way? He gets much less comfortable.

It’s similar to Jayson Tatum to where even on drives to his left, Davis will still try to finish with his dominant hand. He has the touch to do so, but he makes things harder on himself that way:

brow-going-left.gif

Click for more:
Scouting Report: How the Heat can stop the Lakers

Status
Not open for further replies.