CK4: The Team that made Pat & The Team that the Don made: The Miami Heat vs Your Boss Angeles Lakers

Who wins Corona Kombat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
The loss wasn’t on butler :pachaha: what more could he have done

he got buckets, got a lot of assists and played good defense while being hobbled

talent disparity is just too great :yeshrug:

Facts, I look at it like heats are ahead of schedule. Once/If they get Giannis they’ll be truly elite.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
The loss wasn’t on butler :pachaha: what more could he have done

he got buckets, got a lot of assists and played good defense while being hobbled

talent disparity is just too great :yeshrug:
Just look at the 3 games the lakers lost this playoffs and the one they almost lost

The other team best player killed us

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Howard was a free agent for 2 months and no one wanted him. He was **this** close to being out of the league before signing a non-guaranteed with the Lakers.

Morris was on four teams in one year

Kuzma was a 27th overall pick

Before he signed with the Lakers, Rondo was on four teams in four years

But somehow they're the cream of the crop of role players :mjlol:. Lebron haters are so delusional.

And They now only 2 games shy of winning a 'chip :wow:

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Such a poor take. Last year we thought the Clippers were winning the Finals. Two years ago Melo wasnt good enough to play in the NBA. Sentiments change :ohhh: People’s preconceived notions about players get proven wrong when the games are played :ohhh: Wow :ohhh: People not wanting them in free agency a year ago or those guys bouncing around the league just means they were in the wrong places and team owners didn’t know how to use them right. The Lakers did. They’ve proved everyone wrong. I know in your stan infested mind this is all because of LeBron. He was using his third eye to make Howard be on his bully shyt and make Rondo look like prime Payton out there. He is solely responsible for these guys going from shyt to gold. It couldn’t be that they always had talent and were just in fukked up situations :ohhh: I guess you going to say Dame was the sole reason Melo was looking good out there too next :ohhh:
You're throwing out years of data of these guys not being quality role players in order to fuel your agenda. Truth is, they're not as bad as they were the last few years but playing with players of Lebron and AD's caliber makes it easier for them to fulfill their roles. Still, to argue that these players are elite role players is just disingenuous bullshyt that is expected of idiotic Bron haters. Danny Green is having one of the worst seasons of his career by all metrics, Kuzma has underperformed in the playoffs, Javale is unplayable, Caruso is a valuable player because of his IQ and athleticism but he's a negative shooter and ball-handler, Dwight is matchup dependent (didn't play at all in the Houston series). There is an argument for KCP or Rondo as the Lakers third best player this playoff run.. How do they compare to the last several championship teams' third options? Hell, they wouldn't be the third best players on the Heat, Celtics, Raptors, Clippers, Bucks, Rockets, Nuggets, Blazers, Pacers, Jazz, Bucks, and Thunder. You can add a healthy Warriors and Nets to that list too.

This team has average depth. They're no deeper than the Shaq/Kobe Lakers.

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
You're throwing out years of data of these guys not being quality role players in order to fuel your agenda. Truth is, they're not as bad as they were the last few years but playing with players of Lebron and AD's caliber makes it easier for them to fulfill their roles. Still, to argue that these players are elite role players is just disingenuous bullshyt that is expected of idiotic Bron haters. Danny Green is having one of the worst seasons of his career by all metrics, Kuzma has underperformed in the playoffs, Javale is unplayable, Caruso is a valuable player because of his IQ and athleticism but he's a negative shooter and ball-handler, Dwight is matchup dependent (didn't play at all in the Houston series). There is an argument for KCP or Rondo as the Lakers third best player this playoff run.. How do they compare to the last several championship teams' third options? Hell, they wouldn't be the third best players on the Heat, Celtics, Raptors, Clippers, Bucks, Rockets, Nuggets, Blazers, Pacers, Jazz, Bucks, and Thunder. You can add a healthy Warriors and Nets to that list too.

:usure: The first Shaq/Lakers title run had similar depth. It went 9 deep. Last two Shaq/Kobe Lakers title teams had a 7 and 6 man rotation for the most part.

This Lakers squad has 7 guys playing 23+ min a game, and Kieff and Dwight are getting 17 min a game. It's a 9 man rotation.

Depth isn't just limited to how good your 3rd best player is. It's how deep can you go into your bench without putting players on the floor who are liabilities. The answer for the Lakers is 9.

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
Such a poor take. Last year we thought the Clippers were winning the Finals. Two years ago Melo wasnt good enough to play in the NBA. Sentiments change :ohhh: People’s preconceived notions about players get proven wrong when the games are played :ohhh: Wow :ohhh: People not wanting them in free agency a year ago or those guys bouncing around the league just means they were in the wrong places and team owners didn’t know how to use them right. The Lakers did. They’ve proved everyone wrong. I know in your stan infested mind this is all because of LeBron. He was using his third eye to make Howard be on his bully shyt and make Rondo look like prime Payton out there. He is solely responsible for these guys going from shyt to gold. It couldn’t be that they always had talent and were just in fukked up situations :ohhh: I guess you going to say Dame was the sole reason Melo was looking good out there too next :ohhh:
Ya'll both are right. It's not a one or the other thing.

Bron makes these role players better with the attention he draws. It's just a fact. Caruso getting easy bunnies on cuts off double teams. KCP/Kieff/Rondo getting open looks from 3. (To be fair, a lot of the attention is drawn from AD as well)

BUT, the role players have stepped the fukk up. Dwight's individual defense on Jokic, and help defense is all him. KCP/Caruso/Rondo's perimeter D is all them.

It's been easy for Bron because he's helped put his teammates in position to succeed, but they've also elevated their games.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

Would they be the 3rd best option on any playoff team is the better question?
I know the Nets was missing half of their nikkas so maybe them but even then, I would take Allen. LeVert, Harris, and Allen. I would take Allen. Then you look at nonplayoff teams. Atlanta Trae, Capela and JC. Taking JC.

The Best NBA Players This Season, According To RAPTOR

Looking at the WAR and RAPTOR, Danny Green is easily the 3rd best Laker. I don't know how you want to take that. This team is like your typical Cleveland Bron dependent Cavs pre-Miami with AD instead of Mo Williams. Makes a massive difference. I don't see a team with average depth. I think their depth is trash to be honest. I like KCP, Green, playoff Rondo, and Caruso. I think those guys can be effective on other teams as well but McGee, Howard, Morris, and Smith are trash. Howard is still the WOAT at PnR defense and LeBron and AD protect the shyt outta him in space where 99% of other teams don't have that luxury. McGee is nothing but an older and more athletic past prime Anderson Verajeo with low BBIQ. Morris is rubbish, Marcus is the one who's good. Smith shouldn't be in the NBA anymore. I am lukewarm on Kuz, I see good and bad a lot with him. That said, when you play with Bron, you don't have to do a lot in general. Add AD, you can make mostly useless players, useful. It's a tremendous fit.

I still think the Lakers need to upgrade the bench. I would try to add more shooters like Langston Galloway. I would love to resign Avery Bradley. I would love to see him you can add Jerami Grant or Gallo as a backup 4. I would love to get Patrick Beverly if the Clippers were willing to let him go. He would be such a difference maker but that's not happening. I also would love to get Tristian Thompson to replace McGee. Even Mason Plumlee. I still think the Lakers could be much better.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
:usure: The first Shaq/Lakers title run had similar depth. It went 9 deep. Last two Shaq/Kobe Lakers title teams had a 7 and 6 man rotation for the most part.

This Lakers squad has 7 guys playing 23+ min a game, and Kieff and Dwight are getting 17 min a game. It's a 9 man rotation.

Depth isn't just limited to how good your 3rd best player is. It's how deep can you go into your bench without putting players on the floor who are liabilities. The answer for the Lakers is 9.
This is a completely different era. Those teams were deep for their time. These Lakers aren't deep at all for this era. Compared to the others, it's lower-tiered in the west.

Look at the Grizzlies depth, it's better.
Lakers got more effective depth than the Jazz
KIngs have more depth than the Lakers.
Pelicans' depth runs circles around the Lakers.
Just about most of the teams in the west have better depth than these Lakers.

I don't like comparing the depth to a team from a different era. Saying Samaki Walker started and Slava did too takes away that most of the opponents had the same exact issue as well. Very few teams had depth in the early 2000s, Portland for example comes to mind and they paid a fortune too.

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
This is a completely different era. Those teams were deep for their time. These Lakers aren't deep at all for this era. Compared to the others, it's lower-tiered in the west.

Look at the Grizzlies depth, it's better.
Lakers got more effective depth than the Jazz
KIngs have more depth than the Lakers.
Pelicans' depth runs circles around the Lakers.
Just about most of the teams in the west have better depth than these Lakers.

I don't like comparing the depth to a team from a different era. Saying Samaki Walker started and Slava did too takes away that most of the opponents had the same exact issue as well. Very few teams had depth in the early 2000s, Portland for example comes to mind and they paid a fortune too.
The comparisons to non-playoff teams is apples to oranges breh. The Lakers have two max superstars eating up a big chunk of cap space, so makes no sense to compare them to lotto teams that have their cap space spread out amongst more players.

The Lakers go 9 deep. That's excluding McGee.

-Miami cut their rotation down to 7, before injuries forced them to play Leonard, Olynyk and Nunn.
-Boston's depth was trash. Pretty much a 6 man rotation when Hayward got back.
-The Raptors had an 8 man rotation during last year's run, and it was a 7 man rotation when it mattered this year.

Clippers, Nuggets, and Bucks were the other teams who went at least 9 deep into their bench like LAL. To say this Lakers team ain't deep just ain't accurate. All 9 Lakers in the rotation right now are contributing one way or another.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
The comparisons to non-playoff teams is apples to oranges breh. The Lakers have two max superstars eating up a big chunk of cap space, so makes no sense to compare them to lotto teams that have their cap space spread out amongst more players.

The Lakers go 9 deep. That's excluding McGee.

-Miami cut their rotation down to 7, before injuries forced them to play Leonard, Olynyk and Nunn.
-Boston's depth was trash. Pretty much a 6 man rotation when Hayward got back.
-The Raptors had an 8 man rotation during last year's run, and it was a 7 man rotation when it mattered this year.

Clippers, Nuggets, and Bucks were the other teams who went at least 9 deep into their bench like LAL. To say this Lakers team ain't deep just ain't accurate. All 9 Lakers in the rotation right now are contributing one way or another.
Rotations do get smaller in the playoffs as the best players play a lot more but the Lakers role players haven't exactly been effective or impactful during this run. To say it's deep is just not true, they play 9 because outside of AD and Bron, no one can play 30+ MPG. That's a problem and it's not like the depth is this well-producing group because they aren't.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Rotations do get smaller in the playoffs as the best players play a lot more but the Lakers role players haven't exactly been effective or impactful during this run. To say it's deep is just not true, they play 9 because outside of AD and Bron, no one can play 30+ MPG. That's a problem and it's not like the depth is this well-producing group because they aren't.
I beg to differ wit our depth. Our depth is perfect

The lakers is perfect for Bron & AD

Bron at best had one dude he trust on his team like wade or Kyrie to relive him of playmaking duties (he has AC & Rondo)

If Mcgee suck we got Dwight

we can match up Morris with a Big to let AD relax

if Rondo not bringing we got AC and vice versa

if Danny suck we can play KCP more if KCP suck Kuz could play

It’s too many ways we can figure stuff out. And it’s not just because of Bron & AD imo. The others have been doing their thing. Every game we have 4-6 players in double figures all contributing in some way. So many different contributions

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
:gucci:

Markieff has been a perfect fit as a stretch big. Shooting 45% from 3. Was huge in the HOU series.
Playoff Rondo is doing Playoff Rondo things. Also shooting 45% from 3.
KCP hitting 3's at almost 40% a clip.
Caruso has been a pest defensively and has been effective cutting off double teams.
Dwight's been impactful in every series besides HOU.

Green and Kuzma are the two who have been inconsistent in the playoffs.

But as a group, they've complimented AD/Bron damn near perfectly. And none of them are a liability on defense to the point where a team tries to exploit them on D like you would a Lou Williams, or Duncan Robinson.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

I mean, considering that Danny Green and Javale McGee were in the starting lineup, you could also say the answer is just 3. :francis:

Status
Not open for further replies.