CK4: The Team that made Pat & The Team that the Don made: The Miami Heat vs Your Boss Angeles Lakers

Who wins Corona Kombat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Miami played scared and got clapped.

Add in the injuries and that might be all she wrote. Herro was a -29 in about 14 minutes. That is UNGODLY bad.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This is more or less what GS did to beat the Cavs for their last championship. Let Bron go off for 50 in game 1 attacking near every possession on his hero ball shyt... left him completely gassed by game 4. Spo trying the zone that worked against overrated good ol' boy Stevens in the ECF made some sense to start the series considering how streaky the Lakers shooters can sometimes be... but its clear now with how locked in that whole team is on top of the bubble environment naturally empowering wide open shooters that sticking to that strategy is going to get them burned. Might as well play Bron straight up, dare him to hog the ball and chase the FMVP glory and pray he gasses out in the process before the series is over. Hope you get a scenario like the 4th quarter of this game where Bron was getting layups but guys like Nunn were slowly whittling an insurmountable 30+ pt deficit into an almost manageable one. Far from ideal, but with Dragic out and Bam AND Jimmy hobbled any of your "ideal" scenarios and gameplans coming into the series are already out the window... :manny:

Miami didn't play zone till late in 2nd quarter. They were getting beat in their base switching defense leaving shooters open. Then got beat in zone.
First zone possession Jimmy was late on a guy 5 feet away at the top of the key, gave up an open 3

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dragic is done. Torn plantar fascia. Adebayo is also banged up. Heat have no answer for AD and he'll look like God every time he steps on the court. I had Lakers in 6 but I would not be surprised if they swept. Heat have no good way to cope with the Lakers size and length at all.

I know, I know. The lakers are the greatest team of all time. Clearly 30 points better than the heat. They’ll shoot lights out from 3 every game and we won’t. They’ll get to line and we won’t

I get it

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I know, I know. The lakers are the greatest team of all time. Clearly 30 points better than the heat. They’ll shoot lights out from 3 every game and we won’t. They’ll get to line and we won’t

I get it

Ignoring injuries - if you can explain to me how the Heat can deal with AD then I'll agree the Heat have a chance this series.

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is more or less what GS did to beat the Cavs for their last championship. Let Bron go off for 50 in game 1 attacking near every possession on his hero ball shyt... left him completely gassed by game 4. Spo trying the zone that worked against overrated good ol' boy Stevens in the ECF made some sense to start the series considering how streaky the Lakers shooters can sometimes be... but its clear now with how locked in that whole team is on top of the bubble environment naturally empowering wide open shooters that sticking to that strategy is going to get them burned. Might as well play Bron straight up, dare him to hog the ball and chase the FMVP glory and pray he gasses out in the process before the series is over. Hope you get a scenario like the 4th quarter of this game where Bron was getting layups but guys like Nunn were slowly whittling an insurmountable 30+ pt deficit into an almost manageable one. Far from ideal, but with Dragic out and Bam AND Jimmy hobbled any of your "ideal" scenarios and gameplans coming into the series are already out the window... :manny:

GS that had KD, Steph, and Klay?

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Ignoring injuries - if you can explain to me how the Heat can deal with AD then I'll agree the Heat have a chance this series.

The way this series shaped up it was 6 at minimum. Even with AD and Bron going off. It was just 1 game, and Miami definitely was getting in they ass before that first sub. They got killed after that so let's not act like this is a for sure sweep.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You play Bron straight up, no shading or anything, and it's a layup line. nikka won't even break a sweat. Just look at what happened last night whenever he got singled up on the post...BBQ chicken. And he is still gonna draw defenders when he gets to the basket. So basically you would be letting him get going AND set others up and getting folks in foul trouble. Beyond that you still have AD to worry about. That would be more comparable to Cavs/Warriors in 2017, except the Lakers are the Warriors and Bron is KD. Bron is on a team where he can sit down and they can actually function while he's out. Having to do everything on both ends and playing 45 minutes left him gassed. Dude played 36 minutes last night and he has other players that can actually do their jobs.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO

I get it
Heat Fans
tumblr_psne11tvhB1x5540co1_500.gifv

Bron
tumblr_mhrpowXp2I1qgrjt5o1_500.gif

2246efcf98012e5443e21a39d4fe2cb67f8ca9dc_hq.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.