Ciara getting ripped a new one for her Independent woman anthem

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Literally everyone in R&B/Hip-Hop makes music about a life they don't live but it's a problem when Ciara does it? :dahell:

I bet they wouldn't have no issue with Beyonce doing it.
Yes, women don't want to hear about Ciara being independent with a 7 figure wedding ring on her finger. The same way nikkas don't want to hear about Rick's 100 favors from Noriega. The same way nikkas don't want to hear Bow Wow and Lil Romeo talk about being gangstas

Cornershooter

Banned
Daps
Literally everyone in R&B/Hip-Hop makes music about a life they don't live but it's a problem when Ciara does it? :dahell:

I agree but I think it’s a little different :yeshrug:

Dumb people will always exist and be easily manipulated and influenced. But I feel like most SMART men listen to a gangster rap song and don’t rob a bank . Some dummies might crash out but no smart man is listening to a lying rapper

These women be college educated, regular women listening to married singers telling them to hate men and be single:mjlol:

And Beyoncé be on that bullshyt too

Qman11687

Pro
Daps
Nothing beats Beyonce dropping "Single Ladies" then going home to a man who cheats on her.

This hyper independence trend is bullshyt and full of people who are trying to convince themselves it's not.
I was just about to say this is another Beyoncé dropping single ladies while being married moment.

Last edited:

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
I was just about to say this is just another Beyoncé dropping single ladies while being married moment.
The hook to single ladies is encouring women to get married tho

Cause if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You have to understand. Ciara was a single mother who made bad decisions repeatedly but got to keep her figure, her money, and marry a man that most women would likely say looks better than Jay Z.

By every metric, most women would fall on their faces in the same circumstance but Ciara is rich and attractive and had enough foresight to hook a man who is clean cut and doesnt press her past decisions.

She is the poster girl for “had my fun” and “tired of the games” ass women who can’t get right. Her pandering is a slight to all the mid-20s and up women who have had setback after setback and would like to be rewarded with the kind of life that their choices are diametrically opposed to achieving.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
You have to understand. Ciara was a single mother who made bad decisions repeatedly but got to keep her figure, her money, and marry a man that most women would likely say looks better than Jay Z.

By every metric, most women would fall on their faces in the same circumstance but Ciara is rich and attractive and had enough foresight to hook a man who is clean cut and doesnt press her pass decisions.

She is the poster girl for “had my fun” and “tired of the games” ass women who can’t get right. Her pandering is a slight to all the mid-20s and up women who have had setback after setback and would like to be rewarded with the kind of life that their choices are diametrically opposed to achieving.
I hear what you trying to say but all that's pointless bullshyt to me keep the same energy for the entertainers these women actually like and then I will take the complaining from them seriously.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC

By every metric, most women would fall on their faces in the same circumstance but Ciara is rich and attractive and had enough foresight to hook a man who is clean cut and doesnt press her pass decisions.

Basically the more that people know about you, the harder it is for you to deviate from your real life style in your music.