Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4) (April 7, 2022)

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
Frame rate really is trash though.. Have to play in fast-forward mode :russ:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

The new Chrono Cross remaster runs worse on PS5 than the original on PS1

The new Radical Dreamers Edition arrives with a string of extras for Chrono Cross fans, though it's far from an ideal remaster. For the PS4 release - as played on a PS5 in this video - performance is comparable to the 10-30fps range of the PlayStation original from 1999. Surprisingly there are points where it even descends to lower frame-rates in direct comparison, while using a new enhanced visuals mode. Tom and Audi reminisce over a true JRPG cult-classic - and speculate on what could have been.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
this game needed a ground up remake. Once games get too old they lose a lot of the original code in the archives.

I think thats the problem with bloodborne also even though its not that old.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I recently ran through Chrono Trigger on my phone for the first time fully, and really enjoyed it so I copped this for Switch as its apparently the best performing version :lolbron:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
probably one of the worst remasters ever and that's saying a lot :russ:damn near unplayable. people throw that term around a lot but this is a fukking mess
this game needed a ground up remake. Once games get too old they lose a lot of the original code in the archives.

I think thats the problem with bloodborne also even though its not that old.
man fukk this. cc runs better on an emulator :dead: