Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4) (April 7, 2022)

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
disgusting lazy port garbage

Not what I thought it was gonna be but…gonna cop. Gotta support all Chrono releases until they get the message and do a proper release

Load the OG game in Duckstation, up the GPU resolution to about 2x-4x and enable PGXP and you've got this "remaster" :mjlol:

Agreed with everything here. I thought it was going to be a "Final Fantasy VII" type remake, not....whatever the hell this shyt is.

I'm disappointed :stopitslime:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like I said they have to determine that there is interest in Chrono before spending big bread on it.

Sadly....

This is a case of where buying a meh copy will probably lead to a proper Chrono remake.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
To be fair, if they're only charging 20 dollars and adding radical dreamers and a remastered soundtrack, then I still think it's a good value for the money. I'm going to support because maybe this opens the door for other projects.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
looks the same as when I used to run it on Epsx back in the day, maybe the character models look better but would have to see the original side by side, the QOL improvements will make it more torerable but meh.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
Reviews looking :francis: for this. Was gonna get it for PS5 but the frame-rate is supposed to somehow worse than the original

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
I might get it on switch not ps5 if there’s framerate issues.
To play on handheld mode
I never finished it back in the day(was like 13 or 12)cuz some idiot fukked my save up on my ps1 memory card :beli:
I was at
that part when I switched bodies with the cat looking guy

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I read it runs worse on the switch than the ps4

And this is what push square said about the ps4

Parts of Chrono Cross really haven't aged well, but it's still a charming, characterful JRPG that evokes feelings of the genre's golden age on PS1. It's a game that deserves better than The Radical Dreamers Edition, which, at least at launch, is a dreadfully poor remaster. Crippled by frame rate issues, it beggars belief that a title from 1999 could run this badly on modern hardware. Unless you're desperate for the nostalgia, we strongly recommend waiting to see whether Square Enix releases a patch to improve the package on PS4 and PS5 before buying.

Both versions run bad