Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4) (April 7, 2022)

NeoSeeker

GOAT human
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Part of me was hoping the remaster would retcon

what happened to Chrono Trigger's cast, particularly Lucca. Chrono Trigger is one of the best RPGs ever and didn’t deserve what Chrono Cross did to it.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps

what happened to Chrono Trigger's cast, particularly Lucca. Chrono Trigger is one of the best RPGs ever and didn’t deserve what Chrono Cross did to it.

It's a remaster thats framerate is 10 or some shyt.. Maybe they can do that retcon with a patch after that's fixed :mjlol:

Daps
Version 1.0.1.0 of CHRONO CROSS: THE RADICAL DREAMERS EDITION has now been released.

Update Content
・Framerate improvements
・Changes to the growth system for Pip
・Other minor bug fixes

(When using the hardware stated in the recommended specs for the Steam version, you can expect the game to run at an average of 60FPS (30FPS maximum outside of battle scenes.) However, due to the rendering system used in the game, it is possible that when using certain graphics cards, some scenes with particularly high load may not run at 60FPS. The cards we have observed this occurring with are in the AMD Radeon RX 6000 series.)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Just bough this for $14 on PlayStation. I remember it being kinda meh but for that price I'll bite.

This game needs a full blown remake with the cast trimmed down to a manageable number and Magus put back into the game like he was planned to be.

Last edited:

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually bought this last February and tried to play it a couple times but couldn't get into it. I gave it another chance a couple months ago and have been enjoying it so far. Game is mad long though. I'm checking out walkthroughs on YouTube and their lasting like 35 hours.:picard:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all like this game? shyt was beyond wack.

Damn shame we got this instead of Xenogears

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From what i understand they dealt with the issues. I will play this at one point. A little burned out from rpgs i just completed dragon quest 7 not too long ago.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally beat it. Not gonna lie about 20 hours in I just threw on the battle boosters and just cheesed through everyone lol.:beli:
Some of those boss fights would drag on way too much and the battle system got kind of tedious, especially since you can’t see when the opponent will take it’s turn.:francis:
I give this a 6/10. Best part of this game was the music of course. I haven’t played a JRPG with bad music yet.:ehh:

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From what i understand they dealt with the issues. I will play this at one point. A little burned out from rpgs i just completed dragon quest 7 not too long ago.
Bought it a while ago..haven't booted it up once yet

laughing-crying.gif