MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Nolan undefeated.

That movie was great. Almost bloodless, little dialogue, amazing cinematography, they just prey on your fear of death on each front. And the music...Zimmer put his foot in this one. :mjcry:

It's definitely an "experience" movie. No real resolution to the story but...that was the point. Just a short snapshot of WWII from a front we haven't seen before ie British Bombing, Normandy, Pearl Harbor, etc. I say 9/10.

Last edited:

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
Nolan undefeated.

That movie was great. Almost bloodless, little dialogue, amazing cinematography, they just prey on your fear of death on each front. And the music...Zimmer put his foot in this one. :mjcry:

It's definitely an "experience" movie. No real resolution to the story but...that was the point. Just a short snapshot of WWII from a front we haven't seen before ie British Bombing, Normandy, Pearl Harbor, etc. I say 9/10.

:dahell:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Exactly what I called it.

That sound effect when those German bombers flew "over us" :merchant:
The real genius is Nolan getting you to experience war from a fear perspective only IMO. No blood, no gore, just your life on the line at every moment.

That scene when they are holed up on the little boat on the beach? And those bullets start flying through the hull? Maaaan...fukk that.

Last edited:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I thought it was an extremely well done movie from start to finish. A very well represented snapshot of history.

No cliched characters, barely any backstory, the way Nolan fractured the timeline, characters, and areas of conflict then brought them all together, the way he made the British forces situation seem utterly hopeless at every turn, I could keep going.

If your a fan of shoot em up, bang bang war movies, then don't go. But...I think it was well worth my time and money. :yeshrug:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
The real genius is Nolan getting you to experience war from a fear perspective only IMO. No blood, no gore, just your life on the line at every moment.

That scene when they are holed up on the little boat on the beach? And those bullets start flying through the hull? Maaaan...fukk that.

Word.

Or when that torpedo hits their boat and the lights go out :damn:

First thing my boy told me after the movie was "man all that swimming we would've been GONERS".

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Decided to see it anyway. Should have saw Valerian.

I didn't hate it but It was ok and something I'll probably never see again.

Would have preferred if it focused on the kids and Tom Hardy's character. Leave out the old man and the rescue mission until the end.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
CSb6X2g.jpg

It's lit brehs.. Just waiting