gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some reviews I watched about it are all the same but they polarize on how they feel about it.

Nolan's intent was to make the film about the event and not character-driven like most WWII films.

People who like it, applaud it. Does who not like it, criticize it. One dude was sounded like a straight bytch, he has a 1M subscribers, though. He was talking about "I need someone to connect to. Does he have a girl at home? Is he a serial killer?" :sadcam:

I was like :picard: "Straight bytch!"

You must be talking about Jeremy Jahns. He's typically cool, but has issues with Nolan or he's afraid of his fanbase. So shook he didn't give a movie rating.

But yea, I hate people who want some kind of intimate connection with characters when it's not warranted. I hate movies that try to do it when it moot to the film. That's why I hated Titanic and Pearl Harbor... who gives a shyt about some character in the film? Lets focus on the ACTUAL incident. If you want a film that is PURPOSELY character driven then have it be about the characters and not just the event. That's what was great about Saving Private Ryan. It was focusing on searching for a specific character....but the infamous D-day seen was introduced, nobody CARED about the character depth....it was SPECIFICALLY about that moment and how the Allied forces was able to take the beach. If the whole film been about D-day... who would of cared about the individual characters?

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
You must be talking about Jeremy Jahns. He's typically cool, but has issues with Nolan or he's afraid of his fanbase. So shook he didn't give a movie rating.

But yea, I hate people who want some kind of intimate connection with characters when it's not warranted. I hate movies that try to do it when it moot to the film. That's why I hated Titanic and Pearl Harbor... who gives a shyt about some character in the film? Lets focus on the ACTUAL incident. If you want a film that is PURPOSELY character driven then have it be about the characters and not just the event. That's what was great about Saving Private Ryan. It was focusing on searching for a specific character....but the infamous D-day seen was introduced, nobody CARED about the character depth....it was SPECIFICALLY about that moment and how the Allied forces was able to take the beach. If the whole film been about D-day... who would of cared about the individual characters?
That's exactly who it was but I wasn't going to promote him. shyt pissed me off. In Christopher Nolan's interviews prior to the release, he emphasized that this film is about the event and not the characters. There will be limited dialogue but mofos acting all shocked like they've been tricked and misled.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
And the gawd's first directiong nomination and Oscars are gonna come with this :banderas:
Moonlight got Best Picture. Sigh. Idk about La La Land but Hidden Figures was leagues above Moonlight.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know Oscar talk is way too early, but it'll be dope AF if both GET OUT and DUNKIRK get Best Picture and Best director nods.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
Inception is not a best picture.
Moonlight isn't but Inception was. I supported Moonlight because it's the home team. Then I actually watched it and was disappointed. It's a great film but I don't care to see again for awhile. I fight myself from popping Inception in.