FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Besides, following your logic we don't have to give a shyt about your opinion either since you have been calling it a sure to be masterpiece since the movie was announced, so surprise surprise, what will you surmise?
Find me one post in this thread where i've said that

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@TheGodling is a closet Nolan fan. Who else watches a sneak premier viewing and claims to hate Nolan? I get it though....a true hater of Nolan wouldn't care to waste seeing anything by him.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
@TheGodling is a closet Nolan fan. Who else watches a sneak premier viewing and claims to hate Nolan? I get it though....a true hater of Nolan wouldn't care to waste seeing anything by him.
I don't hate Nolan at all, I just don't drink the kool-aid. There's only one director I actively refuse to see in theaters (or home) and that is Michael Bay. Everybody else gets a fair chance no matter how trash they've been recently.:manny:

Find me one post in this thread where i've said that

Dude, you've been cock gobbling Nolan for the past three pages talking about calling out people who aren't drinking the kool-aid.:heh:

You've been actively trying to downplay my educated opinion even though you haven't even seen the shyt and I have. So no matter what you think, my opinion on the movie right now holds more weight than yours, because I can actually talk about the actual movie and you just talk about your make belief wet dreams.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I don't hate Nolan at all, I just don't drink the kool-aid. There's only one director I actively refuse to see in theaters (or home) and that is Michael Bay. Everybody else gets a fair chance no matter how trash they've been recently.:manny:

Dude, you've been cock gobbling Nolan for the past three pages talking about calling out people who aren't drinking the kool-aid.:heh:

You've been actively trying to downplay my educated opinion even though you haven't even seen the shyt and I have. So no matter what you think, my opinion on the movie right now holds more weight than yours, because I can actually talk about the actual movie and you just talk about your make belief wet dreams.
Yes but i only actually called out you for being a moron and saying he was "scared of the critics" and then it's getting hailed by critics calling it movie of the year and his best movie.

See you on saturday when I declare it my movie of the year :gandalf: :goldblum: :smugnolan:

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Alfred Hitchcock and other classic filmmakers would use story and characters to get you invested. This has none. All this has is a couple of scenes that haven't really been done in a war movie before, or at least not often (the aerial battles for one), which seems to be why this receives so much praise.

Certainly not because of the clumsy ass story involving Mark Rylance and two boys on a small boat trying to do more, or the survival story of a couple soldiers who are such wet blankets of characters that by the time they start to get in real danger, the only suspense is whether you can force yourself to care even the slightest bit.

And it's not even about grit and bloody violence, it's about a movie that expects you to feel the dread of the soldiers trapped on a beach hoping for a way home when the movie never establishes any of that. Largely because outside of the occasional plane bombings that feel more arbitrary than calculated, you never feel the presence of the German army at all.

Don't understand simple trolling, brehs.

Besides, following your logic we don't have to give a shyt about your opinion either since you have been calling it a sure to be masterpiece since the movie was announced, so surprise surprise, what will you surmise?
Don't always see eye to eye with you but at least you understand. Had a friend tell me spectacle > characters and another tell me "he's going to make the war a character." :dead:

What do I expect from a man who made a movie where a top that doesn't stop spinning and a hallway fight are more memorable than each characters name.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Y'all aren't burnt out on WWII movies yet? :why:

Seems like there's been at least 1 new one every year since I don't know how long.

I think it's suspect how certain types of history can be rehashed and reimagined or covered and no one bats an eye, but if you dare mention slavery or the civil rights movement, people roll their eyes and go 'not another one' or 'this shyt is getting old'. There's literally hundreds of WWII movies and like only a few that address race. Maybe because anything white and male is OK to the general public, but whatever, I am going to see this tonight off the strength of the reviews. I hope it lives up to the hype.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it's suspect how certain types of history can be rehashed and reimagined or covered and no one bats an eye, but if you dare mention slavery or the civil rights movement, people roll their eyes and go 'not another one' or 'this shyt is getting old'. There's literally hundreds of WWII movies and like only a few that address race. Maybe because anything white and male is OK to the general public, but whatever, I am going to see this tonight off the strength of the reviews. I hope it lives up to the hype.

Even though I agree with you for the most part, I also feel that WWII for the most part has a special place for everyone specifically. I mean the Vietnam films had its good run, but it's NOTHING against WWII.... WWI RARELY be put onto film. It took Wonder Woman to have it switched to the WWI period just BECAUSE there's too many WWII films and it didn't want to carbon copy Capt. America. For some reason, people love or are engrossed with WWII. shyt even Spike Lee did a WWII flick! It's something about that period of time that was I guess a game changer worldwide.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Vietnam war films > WWII films

The movie is weirdly silent for the first ten minutes or so... why it takes nearly fifteen minutes for the first background extras to start making some sounds is beyond me.

I also am not sure why Nolan decided to open the movie with the main character trying to find a quiet place to take a poop.

:patrice:

Last edited:

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Even though I agree with you for the most part, I also feel that WWII for the most part has a special place for everyone specifically. I mean the Vietnam films had its good run, but it's NOTHING against WWII.... WWI RARELY be put onto film. It took Wonder Woman to have it switched to the WWI period just BECAUSE there's too many WWII films and it didn't want to carbon copy Capt. America. For some reason, people love or are engrossed with WWII. shyt even Spike Lee did a WWII flick! It's something about that period of time that was I guess a game changer worldwide.
Kind of a right of passage for any big time director. Have to do one.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Some reviews I watched about it are all the same but they polarize on how they feel about it.

Nolan's intent was to make the film about the event and not character-driven like most WWII films.

People who like it, applaud it. Does who not like it, criticize it. One dude was sounded like a straight bytch, he has a 1M subscribers, though. He was talking about "I need someone to connect to. Does he have a girl at home? Is he a serial killer?" :sadcam:

I was like :picard: "Straight bytch!"