Chris Rock,Samuel L. Jackson - "Spiral" ..... "Saw"----spinoff- trailer out

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I always thought the Saw series was :trash: but this looks pretty good. Seems to be focusing more on the detective side of tracking the killer as opposed to just two hours of ridiculous traps. I realize most people like that shyt but :manny: I always thought it was kinda goofy.

Fred.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I always thought the Saw series was :trash: but this looks pretty good. Seems to be focusing more on the detective side of tracking the killer as opposed to just two hours of ridiculous traps. I realize most people like that shyt but :manny: I always thought it was kinda goofy.

Fred.
I like the first one. After that I’m good

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I like the first one. After that I’m good

I was damn near a "Saw" stan....before the first movie. When I heard of the premise I was :ohlawd: then the trailer dropped and I loved it.

Went and seen it in theaters....hated it. shyt was directed like a "NIN" video and some of the acting (mainly dude from "The Princess Bride") was atrocious. The writing was pretty bad too, but I can't remember anything in particular right now. Just remember being :what: at a few character choices.

And I thought the twist at the end was awful. I realize I'm in the extreme minority, the two guys I went to see it with liked it a lot. I think my expectations were it being more along the lines of a psychological thriller (like "Seven")....which it obviously wasn't.

Fred.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I was damn near a "Saw" stan....before the first movie. When I heard of the premise I was :ohlawd: then the trailer dropped and I loved it.

Went and seen it in theaters....hated it. shyt was directed like a "NIN" video and some of the acting (mainly dude from "The Princess Bride") was atrocious.

And I thought the twist at the end was awful. I realize I'm in the extreme minority, the two guys I went to see it with liked it a lot. I think my expectations were it being more along the lines of a psychological thriller (like "Seven")....which it obviously wasn't.

Fred.
It was inspired by seven so you’re not wrong. Either Wan or Leigh said they watched the first cut and realized it was too light so they added more gore in reshoots. But even then it’s not as gory as the rest of the franchise. It’s one of those things I’m glad we got when we got it but I’m not a fan as a whole. Chris coming to this got me interested because it’s something new and fresh...hopefully.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
HEX, what the hell man!!!!

:dwillhuh:

My main beef (aside from just not liking it....which is whatever) is the shyt turned into a fast food franchise. That kept other smaller horror movies from even dropping because studios didn't want to compete with "Saw".

Obviously Wan redeemed himself by dropping other franchises that helped revitalize the horror scene....but "Saw" fukked up a lot of stuff man.

It was inspired by seven so you’re not wrong. Either Wan or Leigh said they watched the first cut and realized it was too light so they added more gore in reshoots. But even then it’s not as gory as the rest of the franchise. It’s one of those things I’m glad we got when we got it but I’m not a fan as a whole. Chris coming to this got me interested because it’s something new and fresh...hopefully.

Yeah that's what fukked me up. shyt was nothing like "Seven" and that's the name they were throwing around.

I didn't mind the gore and honestly the only thing I like about the series is how inventive the kills are. But that's something I can just watch a compilation of on Youtube....I ain't sitting down to watch any of those movies in 2020.

Besides this new one, I mean.

Fred.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
My main beef (aside from just not liking it....which is whatever) is the shyt turned into a fast food franchise. That kept other smaller horror movies from even dropping because studios didn't want to compete with "Saw".

Obviously Wan redeemed himself by dropping other franchises that helped revitalize the horror scene....but "Saw" fukked up a lot of stuff man.

Fred.
Im just stupid.

i look at SAW like how i looked at Mortal Kombat.

i dont care about the gameplay and all that.

Just gimme FATALITIES!

:lolbron: