Chris Rock,Samuel L. Jackson - "Spiral" ..... "Saw"----spinoff- trailer out

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Why can’t y’all let Chris do something different and see if he fails before panning him?

I haven’t watched a saw film since 3, but I’d be interested in his spin on it :ehh:
We complain about status quo in Hollywood but as soon as someone steps out of their lane, we complain about that too.

It's what we do :qpsmug:

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Samuel L. Jackson to Star in Chris Rock’s ‘Saw’ Reboot
By DAVE MCNARY
40713-1-1-e1456451501147.jpg

Dave McNary
Film Reporter@Variety_DMcNaryFOLLOW
Dave's Most Recent Stories
samuel-l.-jackson.jpg

CREDIT: ROB LATOUR/SHUTTERSTOCK
Samuel L. Jackson has joined Chris Rock in Lionsgate’s upcoming “Saw” reboot.

Production has officially begun on the film, in which Rock will play a police detective investigating a series of grizzly crimes. Jackson will portray Rock’s father. Max Minghella, who stars in Hulu’s “The Handmaid’s Tale” and recently directed “Teen Spirit,” also joins the cast as the partner of Rock’s character. “Riverdale” actress Marisol Nichols will play a police captain.

Lionsgate is keeping details of the plot under wraps other than saying it will offer deviously treacherous traps, clever clues and the edge-of-the-seat suspense that fans expect.

“We think Samuel L. Jackson and Chris Rock along with Max Minghella and Marisol Nichols make this film completely special in the ‘Saw’ canon and we can’t wait to unleash this unexpected and sinister new story on fans of this franchise. This is next level of ‘Saw’ on full tilt,” said Joe Drake, chairman of the Lionsgate Motion Picture Group.

ADVERTISING

Longtime “Saw” filmmakers Mark Burg and Oren Koules returned to produce “Saw.” Darren Lynn Bousman, who helmed the second, third and fourth “Saw” movies, is directing the new movie. The decision to revisit the series was inspired by Rock’s love of the franchise.

The franchise revolves around the fictional character John Kramer, also called the Jigsaw Killer, who traps victims in situations that test their will to live. Tobin Bell has portrayed Jigsaw in all eight films. The low-cost titles have been highly profitable for Lionsgate, grossing nearly $1 billion worldwide. The most recent movie was 2017’s “Jigsaw,” which earned $100 million worldwide.

The upcoming “Saw” will be released on Oct. 23, 2020.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
chasing that Jordan Peele black horror money
This,

we bout to see hollywood learn the complete wrong lesson from his success and push out a bunch of shytty black horror movies.

The lesson they should have learned is the there are excellant black film makers out there who need a platform and can make quality.
Instead of looking for the next Jordan Peele they just gonna copy Jordan Peele. :unimpressed:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
This,

we bout to see hollywood learn the complete wrong lesson from his success and push out a bunch of shytty black horror movies.

The lesson they should have learned is the there are excellant black film makers out there who need a platform and can make quality.
Instead of looking for the next Jordan Peele they just gonna copy Jordan Peele. :unimpressed:

Who said this was going to be a “black horror movie”? Did I miss something?

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
This,

Unfortunately it just dont work like that.
:francis:

shyt, matter fact. I think it was Chris Rocks monolouge during the #GrammysSoWhite that said something along those lines.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
This,

:ehbay:

I'd rather Chris Rock get the shot than Next Whiteman if they're gonna be lazy with it.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Never really held the "Saw" franchise in high regard so :manny: maybe he'll improve upon it.

And as it's been pointed out Chris Rock is playing a major character in season 4 of "Fargo". I think he's trying to cross over into more serious stuff.

Fred.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Never really held the "Saw" franchise in high regard so :manny: maybe he'll improve upon it.

And as it's been pointed out Chris Rock is playing a major character in season 4 of "Fargo". I think he's trying to cross over into more serious stuff.

Fred.

Hasn't he been doing serious stuff for the past few years

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Hasn't he been doing serious stuff for the past few years

No. Granted I'm not up on all his latest projects but I don't see anything on his resume anything like "Fargo" or "Saw".

Fred.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
No. Granted I'm not up on all his latest projects but I don't see anything on his resume anything like "Fargo" or "Saw".

Fred.

Just check his projects over the last few years..

Chris really hasn't been in much. Looks like he has quite a few dramas lined up for the next few years tho

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Is this a thing now ever since Get out? Comedy guys doing "horror"... Please dont let this be a thing...