Chris Rock maintaining his composure and carrying on after the slap was quite amazing

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps
Comedian Leslie Jones, a close friend of Chris Rock, claims that the impact of the slap heard ’round the world affected not only him, but his family.

Jones told People that beyond the “humiliating” action of Will Smith against Rock, the incident, “really affected him. People need to understand his daughters, his parents, saw that. He had to go to counseling with his daughters.”

She added, “For a long ass time I was just mad. Chris Rock did a fµck!ng joke. I know Will, too… I was like, you couldn’t handle that sh!t afterwards. This is the Oscars. The whole world is watching. I was like, ‘Chris, when he got up why didn’t you run?’ I would’ve been running around that stage like, ‘Will, calm down. Jada, call your man!'”

Jones was grateful that Rock could talk out his feelings on a larger stage.

“Everybody got pissed off about him doing a special. That’s what comedians do. Instead of us going crazy we fµck!ng go talk about it on the fµck!ng stage. Thank God we’ve got the stage.”

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
Anyone who says he should've fought back is a c00n. Chris Rock had nothing to gain by fighting back. He remained professional and didn't even press charges. Meanwhile Will exposed himself as even more of a fool and nobody will ever look at him the same

Fighting back would have been crazy, they both would have taken a much bigger L. Chris to be knocked clean out on stage and Will Smith to be arrested in 4k.

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
Nah he should have fought back

I mean for me personally, that never would have happened, but I also don't think making fun of a man's wife infront of the world is a good idea if I wasn't ready for action, but Chris was gonna take a bigger L. He made his bed, Will overreacted but he gotta deal with the consequences that came from that. Do you think him fighting back would have ended well for Chris?

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I mean for me personally, that never would have happened, but I also don't think making fun of a man's wife infront of the world is a good idea if I wasn't ready for action, but Chris was gonna take a bigger L. He made his bed, Will overreacted but he gotta deal with the consequences that came from that. Do you think him fighting back would have ended well for Chris?
Don't matter if he win or lose

Should have fought back or ducked

Joke wasn't that harsh to be slap worthy, and they were at an award show

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Anyone who says he should've fought back is a c00n. Chris Rock had nothing to gain by fighting back. He remained professional and didn't even press charges. Meanwhile Will exposed himself as even more of a fool and nobody will ever look at him the same

Fighting back would have been crazy, they both would have taken a much bigger L. Chris to be knocked clean out on stage and Will Smith to be arrested in 4k.
Well said. Regardless of whether someone is team Will/Chris, Chris has to take credit for not making this a huge nikka moment.

The greatest strength is in showing self restraint. There’s been too many times where I’ve had to let my ego go and not escalate a confrontation because of some ignorant ass negro.

And most of them were just some skinny runts who I could’ve snapped in two (they’re always the loudest) but I had to assess the situation and ask myself: “is this worth potentially getting arrested over? Do I really want to a cause a scene?”

So many times, I’ve had to ask myself in those few seconds: “retaliate and drag this issue out or bite my tongue and let it go.” The latter doesn’t mean be a punk, defend yourself if you have to. But in some scenarios, short time gratification leads to long term consequences.

Will Smith’s actions may have had these idiot hoodrats screaming “that’s right. You defend your wife.” But now he’s banned from the Oscars, his reputation is ruined for life and all that hard work he’s built has been undone in one nikka moment. The other got a 60 million dollar Netflix deal. Hmm.

If he had dealt with it off camera, no one would even remember that corny joke.

Last edited:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Will is forever a sucker for that.

Rock didn’t do anything deserving of violence. His wife out here fukking his sons friends and making it public yet he needed to protect her honor against a stand up comedians joke?
she didn't make it public
he did
and August said he had Will's blesssing
he didnt care about that shyt, he was more annoyed that it got leaked.

Chris clowned jada before

Will let it go

He deserved da slap, just shoulda got it back stage

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
Don't matter if he win or lose

Should have fought back or ducked

Joke wasn't that harsh to be slap worthy, and they were at an award show

Bro that's literally not the point, we all know Will shouldn't have overreacted but he did. You cannot control another man's actions and he put himself out there making a joke about his wife. I really don't know what you are arguing, would that have turned out well for Chris or not? If the answer is no, then he did the only thing he could do to not make things worse.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
she didn't make it public
he did
and August said he had Will's blesssing
he didnt care about that shyt, he was more annoyed that it got leaked.

Chris clowned jada before

Will let it go

He deserved da slap, just shoulda got it back stage

You think he would slapped any of these blackman his size?