Chris Rock maintaining his composure and carrying on after the slap was quite amazing

nassaunew

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shows incredible mental strength. To get slapped in the face, which is already a humiliating and disrespectful action but for it to be done in front of all the elite of your industry, watched by millions of people worldwide, talked about, get laughed at. And yet despite all this, he carried on hosting the show and kept laughing about it. Maintained his calmness. That’s extremely cool, not gonna lie. Huge respect to him.

The vast majority of men would’ve completely lost their composure there and fought back immediately to redeem their respect, and walked off the show as they wouldn’t have the composure to carry on hosting, destroying their own careers in the process. But Chris carried on as if nothing had happened. Huge respect to him.

Well done Chris Rock
@Koba the dread

Chris Rock was only PRESENTING 1 AWARD at the 2022 Oscars. He was the presenter, not the host.

Wanda Sykes, Amy Schumer, and Regina Hall were the hosts last year.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Still too many suspicious things about all of this for it not to be at least slightly rigged.

From the sponsors of the awards pushing a new alopecia drug to them not only not cutting from Will but keeping the camera focused on him to drop the F bomb not once, but twice, live as well as bringing eyes to a dying ceremony nobody watches with loads of free publicity as well as this being the first all Black Oscars production and the linked racist undertones of "This is what happens". Add in the fact that Will seems to be living an extended humiliation ritual for ages (before and since) makes me think that all isn't what it seems in this.

Patrice spoke on it where he talked about Hollywood being like the Godfather where they'll do you a favor but call it in and you have no choice but to acquiesce because the other cost is too big and you're already in their pocket.

There really was so much at play during all of this as there were many messages sent at once on loads of different levels.

"Can you imagine how that felt for someone who is autistic? Its hard enough getting from A to Z as an emotional dyslexic as the context is all stripped and details not rendered in but best believe it becomes obvious when your head starts to spin and, get this, everyone is comforting Will whilst ignoring him.

“What part of the game is this?” he thinks as he scrambles to pick up the unravelling strings in order to stitch the tapestry of his awareness into a coherent script. Speaking of which there is talk that he improv’d it whilst others say it was written. Strange methods of obfuscation like Will was asked to leave, no he wasn’t. All of this at the time when it was the first all Black production of the Oscars which, ends in the immortal words of Rick “They should’ve never gave you Ns money” because this is what happens."

Layers on top of layers, wheels within wheels. Welcome to the Game which uses your Soul as a credit. Nothing is as it seems.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Yeah a highly successful multi millionaire man who knows when not to destroy his career and keep his calm is on the spectrum.

I’m sure if he had fought back like a real “G” he would’ve lost his career but street nikkas like you would’ve respected him which is all that matters

When keeping it real goes wrong ass nikka :mjlol:
This has nothing to do with being a real G. My reflexes alone wouldn’t have let me get punked like that. Defending yourself is normal and has nothing to do with being a gangster as you indicated. Maybe you’d let a nikka smack you but I wouldn’t. Idgaf who’s watching.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Will slapped the hell out of him and didn't lose his career. He working on the next Bad Boys installment as we speak.

Chris looked like a punk in that moment and the only justification he can give for it is "my mama taught me don't fight in front of white folks:to:"

That is literally the justification in his head. If it was about self control or not wanting to destroy his career, he would have said that tonight during his special.
Yet she taught him to let cacs say the N word and taught him to roast peoples wives in front of cacs :sas2:

If you a bytch just say that Chris Rock :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
People really expected and wanted a wshh scene to break out between two millionaire black men on live TV in front of tens of millions. There's realistically nothing Rock could've done in the moment that wouldn't make them look even worse in hindsight.
Wanted? no
Expected? yes

I ain’t never seen a grown man slap another grown man and there NOT be a fight.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
I highly doubt Chris Rock would have ruined his career practicing self defense, we saw on camera that he was not the aggressor, Will went out his way to walk up on stage and slap him :skip:

This is the reason Chris froze up in the moment.

NVLD isn't defined as a distinct disorder in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Volume 5 (DSM-V), and how it presents varies from person to person. Generally, it's characterized by verbal strengths as well as visual-spatial, motor, and social skills difficulties. "All I understand are the words," said Rock.

What Challenges Do People With NVLD Face?​

Social life can be particularly difficult for people with NVLD. "They often have a hard time making and keeping friends, likely because of having trouble with reading nonverbal cues like facial expression and body language," said Dr. Paul. "They are also often awkward physically and have poor coordination."

Other challenges include inferential comprehension, spatial aspects of math, and managing transitions and new situations, said Dinklage. Things tend to get easier when a routine in a predictable setting is established, but, as Dinklage pointed out, "social interactions rarely go by routines and rely heavily on 'bigger picture' processing."

At a glance​

• Visual-spatial processing tells you how far objects are from you and from each other.
  • People use visual-spatial processing for many tasks, like tying shoes and dancing.
  • Visual-spatial trouble can make it harder to learn to read and do math.

Good post

@Magic Mulatto

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
Yeah a highly successful multi millionaire man who knows when not to destroy his career and keep his calm is on the spectrum.

I’m sure if he had fought back like a real “G” he would’ve lost his career but street nikkas like you would’ve respected him which is all that matters

When keeping it real goes wrong ass nikka :mjlol:
He is literally on the spectrum though. He's talking about it and not being able to read body language.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
The winner was the loser and the loser was the winner

Will Smith career is done as far as being popular and a thriving movie star while Chris can tour to sold out shows the rest of his career
Bad Boys 4 is literally in production right now. What are you talking about? :mjlol: