China shrinks John Boyega's picture on Star Wars poster

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
from a money making perspective it seems like the right move.

if you're selling something to racist people like those in china or Russia, you have to make adaptions.

a Russian audience or Arab audience will see boyega and freak out. Disney took a huge risk by casting him as a main character.

his casting even caused controversy in the US with white fans complaining about a "black storm trooper".

Disney made a political statement, but its going to cost them profit on the bottom line.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
People are having a hard time processing the idea that there is a Black Hero in such a huge franchise. Fukk em tho, I hope the kid makes all the money he can get.

he ain't the hero he's the side kick, so they shrunk him to make the poster more truthful, the US ads are the ones that are false advertisement

they might as well call the movie hunger wars because that's what they are gunning for

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
from a money making perspective it seems like the right move.

if you're selling something to racist people like those in china or Russia, you have to make adaptions.

a Russian audience or Arab audience will see boyega and freak out. Disney took a huge risk by casting him as a main character.

his casting even caused controversy in the US with white fans complaining about a "black storm trooper".

Disney made a political statement, but its going to cost them profit on the bottom line.

Shut up...they are forecasting at maybe 2 billion worldwide

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
he ain't the hero he's the side kick, so they shrunk him to make the poster more truthful, the US ads are the ones that are false advertisement

they might as well call the movie hunger wars because that's what they are gunning for

Ok even then he shouldn't have been shrunk down even if he is the #2.

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
I'd like to offer an apology to the people of China. They were not racist, they knew Finn's true standing in the film and didn't want to pull an okey doke.:mjcry:

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
Shut up...they are forecasting at maybe 2 billion worldwide

maybe they could have made 2.5 billion.

people here knowingly acknowledge that many people in the world are racist against black people, but then get upset when marketers, salesmen and movie producers take in those considerations when marketing to a wide audience that includes racist people.

I don't get the disconnect.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
maybe they could have made 2.5 billion.

people here knowingly acknowledge that many people in the world are racist against black people, but then get upset when marketers, salesmen and movie producers take in those considerations when marketing to a wide audience that includes racist people.

I don't get the disconnect.

:because he's still an important part of the movie... :why: I still don't understand why they took chewie off the poster because he always rolls with han and people love him also.

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
:because he's still an important part of the movie... :why: I still don't understand why they took chewie off the poster because he always rolls with han and people love him also.

so what if he is an important part of the movie. Bait-n-switch can be effective at filling seats. Downplaying his role may have appealed to those that would have been put off (consciously or unconsciously) by his race.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
so what if he is an important part of the movie. Bait-n-switch can be effective at filling seats. Downplaying his role may have appealed to those that would have been put off (consciously or unconsciously) by his race.

The minute they casted him the uproar came. Disney knew what time it was. I still don't see what the fukk big deal is because they had black characters in star wars all the time why is this such a problem with people who are racists?!?!
:heh:

The black guy according to them can never play the hero huh:troll:

So they loose a lil money they still gonna break records...:yeshrug:

These people need to get over it.

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
The minute they casted him the uproar came. Disney knew what time it was. I still don't see what the fukk big deal is because they had black characters in star wars all the time why is this such a problem with people who are racists?!?!
:heh:

The black guy according to them can never play the hero huh:troll:

So they loose a lil money they still gonna break records...:yeshrug:

These people need to get over it.

they aren't going to get over it anytime soon. but for every person that is vocal about it, maybe 2 people feel the same way and will say nothing, and another 10 unconsciously act on their own internal biases.

why take the risk?.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
they aren't going to get over it anytime soon. but for every person that is vocal about it, maybe 2 people feel the same way and will say nothing, and another 10 unconsciously act on their own internal biases.

why take the risk?.

:troll: why not?!?