China shrinks John Boyega's picture on Star Wars poster

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
As a graphic designer myself who works in an industry that designs a lot of posters and other marketing materials.

I only got one thing to say

:ufdup: Disney fukked up for giving them the layered InDesign file of that poster. They should've just sent that Hi Res pdf and let that be the end!:bryan:
If it wasn't a flattened Photoshop PDF. They could open it in Acrobat and still do that work.

That's what I do all day ery day. Tear into ad agency work, and rebuild shyt proper before print.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
If it wasn't a flattened Photoshop PDF. They could open it in Acrobat and still do that work.

That's what I do all day ery day. Tear into ad agency work, and rebuild shyt proper before print.

Did you mean "if it was a flat photoshop PDF they could still..."?

I know if it was layered it could still be worked on, but flattened it would require a lot of work that most case isn't worth the effort.

When I get pictures for art I have to work on and I have to do too much work to extend an area or change a certain piece. I just look for another pic to use. Ain't no one got time to put and additional 4hrs plus into something that's already time consuming

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
Did you mean "if it was a flat photoshop PDF they could still..."?

I know if it was layered it could still be worked on, but flattened it would require a lot of work that most case isn't worth the effort.

When I get pictures for art I have to work on and I have to do too much work to extend an area or change a certain piece. I just look for another pic to use. Ain't no one got time to put and additional 4hrs plus into something that's already time consuming
That what I meant, as long as that aint a 1 image PDF. (Flattened previously in Photoshop).

I can tear it apart, and edit anything. That's my day job, at the Direct Marketing company I work for.

Just tore up a Head & Shoulders ad yesterday. Sad thing is the ad agency still gets paid from the main company. Proctor & Gamble.....

===

But back to Star Wars. Can't wait to see that with my sons this weekend.

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X
he ain't the hero he's the side kick, so they shrunk him to make the poster more truthful, the US ads are the ones that are false advertisement

they might as well call the movie hunger wars because that's what they are gunning for

:snoop:

I am Groot...

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota
I think the Chinese poster looks better..:ehh: i dont think it was made with malicious racial intent..they just wanted all the characters stuck together..

yall find racism in anything then spew out hate..

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I think the Chinese poster looks better..:ehh: i dont think it was made with malicious racial intent..they just wanted all the characters stuck together..

yall find racism in anything then spew out hate..

They marginalized Finn and enhanced BB8 IN DEAD CENTER THO. :snoop::comeon:

Last edited:

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota
They marginalized Finn and enhanced BB8 IN DEAD CENTER THO. :snoop::come-on:
Robots = Sci-fi..Asian love robots..I can understand if they removed him..

and even if they guy that edited the poster dont like black people..that doesn't mean he speaks for all asians,,.A lot of black athletes are popular in China..you guys need to stop generalizing this type of stuff..

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Robots = Sci-fi..Asian love robots..I can understand if they removed him..

and even if they guy that edited the poster dont like black people..that doesn't mean he speaks for all asians,,.A lot of black athletes are popular in China..you guys need to stop generalizing this type of stuff..

I know that, I'm just saying breh. He could have enhanced BB8 without shrinking boyega. shyt is blatant. :why: the original TFA poster is beautiful why ruin it because you want your citizens to buy a goddamn toy from the movie. We get it...

But seriously this ain't a toys r us catalog we looking at them and why the fukk is chewie missing??!?! :why:

Last edited:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
alnn6w.png

Unfortunately true

Would be my greatest wish to march onto Tienanmen square and overthrow these pieces of shyt

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota
These small dikk asian men are still intimidated by black guys I see. Too bad asian bytches love black guys. China stays losing.
There is no way YOU are a black guy though..Your SN is Uncle Ruckus..What black man would use that character to represent himself? You're either a white guy or some other race not black or asian..

and you're stirring the pot..im sure its entertaining that a lot of racism is going to be tossed around in this thread just like how youre making fun of black people with your screen name..Show me proof that you're black..

Last edited:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
There is no way YOU are a black guy though..Your SN is Uncle Ruckus..What black man would use that character to represent himself? You're wither a white guy or some other race not black or asian..

and you're stirring the pot..im sure its entertaining that a lot of racism is going to be tossed around in this thread just like how youre making fun of black people with your screen name..Show me proof that you're black..
:heh:Okay breh. Whatever you say.

I guess anyone who thought Uncle Ruckus was a funny character is a racist too. :usure: