Chicago Crime Tracking Thread

So-Chi

Colfax to the burbs'
Daps
Reppin
goons in the cut tryna talk you out yo necklace
It was worse than this in the 80s and 90s. Its messed up what going on but these are not even close to Chicago's years. They were talking about stopping the violence before most of y'all were born, back when Benjie got killed. :manny:

tumblr_m9en10uqX41qit8aco3_500.gif

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
i think the media over blows the Chicago violence though 500 is not even a lot for them just a handful of years ago they were clearing well over 600 then it dipped. Chicago is so big you will never see under 400 murders they were close a few years in a row ago but its probably gonna stay where its at

Daps
"The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation into the violence that has gripped America's third-largest city - Crimesider - CBS News

The broadcast airs Saturday, May 18, 10 p.m.ET/PT

"The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation into the violence that has gripped America's third-largest city
CBS) Tragic murders, senseless killings, pre-dawn police raids, parking lot busts of crooked cops, heroin addiction and a man risking his life to save his neighborhood from drug dealers. It sounds like something out of a movie. But the fact is each and every one of those scenes is part of the real-life drama we uncovered during our six-month 48 Hours special investigation, "The War in Chicago," airing Saturday night.

Sneak peek: The War in Chicago

As correspondent Maureen Maher and I discovered, the war is a drug war played out on the streets of America's third largest city. It involves the Holy Trinity of Trouble -- guns, gangs and drugs -- tied to Mexico's ruthless Sinaloa cartel battling over Chicago's booming heroin trade. That is not an easy sentence to write. But it's all too true, according to a man who would know. That man is Jack Riley, a 28-year veteran of the Drug Enforcement Administration and head of the DEA's Chicago office and five surrounding states. He's a man devoted - obsessed - with taking back certain drug-riddled sections of his hometown.

Riley is straight out of central casting. A modern-day Elliott Ness, he's fighting a modern-day Al Capone in the form of Joaquin "Chapo" Guzman, the head of the Sinaloa cartel.

As part of our report, we shadowed Riley and his DEA-led "Strike Force" as they raided suspected heroin houses and took down crooked cops from a suburban police department. Riley is hardly the only real-life hero in our hour. Sadly, tragically, Anthony and Cleopatra Pendelton are as well. Somehow, in the wake of the senseless murder of their beautiful teenage daughter Hidiya - who came to symbolize the indiscriminate drug violence infecting the city - the Pendletons displayed unimaginable strength and grace in their interviews with Maher and the hours we spent with them behind the scenes.

David Muhammad is another hero. Instead of giving up when heroin dealers opened shop right outside his house, Muhammad fought back. Not with his fists...but rather a small digital camera. For months he videotaped the drug sales on the street outside his door - then posted them on YouTube at great threat to his life.

"David, I hate to be blunt about this," I told him at one point in our interview, "but one of these guys could just walk right up to you and say, 'You know what, it's over' and put a bullet in your head."

"If it's meant for me to leave here like that, I'll leave," said Muhammad.

Instead, he's still there. Still making a difference.

In the end, we hope the same can be said of "The War in Chicago."

The broadcast airs Saturday, May 18, 10 p.m.ET/PT

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
when obama was doing his community work in chicago

he must of been scared shytless

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
I'm talking just like you saw in Iraq with troops on street corners with Ak's, desert eagles and what not. With all the troops coming home from Afghanistan, we have plenty of soldiers we can place in these areas.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I would, set up checkpoints. Have drones taking out targets, a curfew. :obama:

sent from royalty via tapatalk

King Poetic

The D.O.G. (Disciple Of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Pacific
have no problem with it.

Rather spend my tax money on military policing the streets rather than more money going to niqqas heading to jail or these lazy azz cops fuking these single moms while on duty and believe me i see it all the time with oakland and san francisco p.d.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nope. The day the federal government decides to use the military to police a major city is the day that the Unites States dies.

"The military is for fighting the enemies of the state. The police are there to defend and protect the people. When the military becomes the police, the enemies of the state become the people."

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, Chicago is not at a point where there needs to be military sanction troops in the hood.

And even if they were deployed in the city they would only need to in certain neighborhoods since, contrary to popular belief, half of the city is pretty safe.

DOnt get me wrong there's PLENTY of fukked up hoods but Military troops with ak 47s walking around though????

Also, a lot of this attention the city is getting is propaganda. Since Chicago has the strictest gun laws and Since Obama is from the chi, conservatives are using the city as a chess piece in their agenda. People think the city's crime is skyrocketing but truth be told this city always had a big crime problem.

Read between the lines folks :sitdown: