Chicago Crime Tracking Thread

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
A string of nearly two dozen shootings on the West Side has pushed the number of people shot during the Memorial Day weekend to at least 40, with two more days to go.

As of early Sunday morning, the toll stood at four dead and 36 wounded across the city, including a 15-year-girl shot to death as she rode in a Jeep on Lake Shore Drive near Fullerton Avenue, police said. Last year, 12 people were killed and 44 people were wounded over the holiday weekend.

Nineteen of those shot this weekend were wounded in or within a half-mile of the Harrison District on the West Side, police said. The district, one of the city's most violent, is average-sized but has more officers assigned to it than almost any other in the city. It is frequently the target of both prolonged drug operations and short-term extra patrols over holiday weekends.

Thirteen of the 19 were wounded in the Harrison District and an additional six nearby. The other shootings in the city were scattered from Albany Park on the North Side to Longwood Manor on the Far South Side.

Among those killed was Garvin Whitmore, 27, who was shot in the head while sitting in a car with a woman around 5:20 p.m. Saturday in the Fuller Park neighborhood on the South Side. Someone walked up to the car as it sat parked in the 200 block of West Root Street and fired, police said.

The woman in the car, Ashley Harrison, 26, picked up a gun and returned fire as the gunman ran away, police said. No was else was injured.

Harrison was charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon and reckless discharge of a weapon, both felonies, after surveillance video showed her firing the gun several times and then throwing it to the ground, police said.

40 people shot so far over Memorial Day weekend in Chicago, half of them on West Side

:mindblown:
Among those killed was Garvin Whitmore, 27, who was shot in the head while sitting in a car with a woman around 5:20 p.m. Saturday in the Fuller Park neighborhood on the South Side. Someone walked up to the car as it sat parked in the 200 block of West Root Street and fired, police said.

The woman in the car, Ashley Harrison, 26, picked up a gun and returned fire as the gunman ran away, police said. No was else was injured.

Harrison was charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon and reckless discharge of a weapon, both felonies, after surveillance video showed her firing the gun several times and then throwing it to the ground, police said.

Overcharge.
Is the prosecutor silly or what? The charges should be dropped. Is it not self defense?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Late pass but I just realized it's a major street every 8 blocks

55th
63rd
71st
79th
87th
95th
103rd
:ohhh:

this is cuz in most of chicago once you past cermak (22nd street) every 8 blocks equals 1 mile. same goes for the west side.

halsted (800W)
ashland (1600W)
western (2400W)
kedzie (3200W)
pulaski (4000W)
cicero (4800W)
central (5600W)
narragansett (6400W)
harlem (7200W)

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
its over with in Chicago, Im glad i got out when i did. I heard cops say that they are going to start retiring when the fbi started to investigate cpd. And everything those cops said is happening. Police are not responding to calls, its just not enough officers, and its too many corrupt people in power now. You telling me they cant solve ANY of these murders and shootings, when all they have to do is look on facebook but they can find the 2 people that robbed this white hoe? lmao
Pair charged with robbery, brutal beating of DePaul freshman on CTA train

and i always knew that once those crimes hit up north it would be a WRAP, white people are getting killed and robbed left and right now. And if youre from the city, then you already know that allot of businesses all over from best buys to local restaurants are leaving. All of those millionaires are taking everything, tourist attraction districts are starting to look empty now.
it was only so long they could oppress people and they did it too much.

idk why but when ferguson popped off i knew chicago would be next. its about to be like the dark knight up there THIS year.

and tariq is right about chicago, im from ground zero and grew up with the people thats doing allot of this stuff, all they need is jobs, hope and support really. but noone will hire us, so its karma now

the bolded is :duck:

businesses are not leaving the city. matter of fact, they are relocating from the suburbs into the loop. the reason best buy closed is cuz brick and mortar electronic stores are antiquated as hell for the most part. and when it comes to tourism, chicago is actually having no trouble finding a shytload of tourist to visit despite all the fukkery.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
No you can.t

For one shootings dont equal killings

And for 2, Chicago literally is the only city that has websites dedicated to do nothing but tracking homicide and shooting victim in the city.

Chicago newspapers report everything that happens when it comes to that shyt. I've never seen anything like it. They'll have shyt from straight up murders on down to some fool getting grazed in the arm or shot in the foot. They even tell you were the victim and/or suspect is from too. It'll be like insert random person name from the 4800 block of North Broadway was shot on such and such street at such and such time...etc. Now Chicago harder than my city but getting grazed in the foot and then driving yourself to the hospital won't get you on tv or the newspapers here. It is rough up there but the media boosts it up a lot and so do some of the locals too. They play into that shyt. The city is big as fukk. It's not like that everywhere in the city. And where it's nice up there, it's pretty fukking nice. And all these nikkas ain't from the killing fields. Hell lot of these nikkas from the burbs. I stay correcting someone down here claiming they from the Chi.

Me- "What part of the Chi you from breh?"
Random- "Oh my G I'm from Waukegan"

And I'm like:stopitslime: "negro please with that flexing shyt"

I got enough fam in the Chi to know that a lot of them real super gully gully cats up there never leave they hood, whole bunch of brehs up there ain't never even seen the lake. Let alone been on a plane before or even just up and moved somewhere else

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From what I've heard it's the west side and the far north side that's on fire:jbhmm:

While the s. Side is just business as usual. Idk

@bmack21 @EmitDrill @beaniemac @The God Poster
@ohhmarty

are you nikkas serious in here :what:
Chicago is a global city, with a major financial hub and two of the best universities in the country.

It won't end up like Gary fukking Indiana

It's the biggest transportation hub in america too.

Gary and E. Stl.are small azz cities that only had manufacturing as its economic base

prince_peoples

Superstar
Daps
Born and raised in nyc, and thought I had it bad growing up till I moved out here to the Midwest. Didn't realize how fortunate I was to be raised in Ny.

The level of poverty and violence out here is extremely sad.