Chicago Crime Tracking Thread

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Seriously, is there anything that can be done to stop the violence in Chicago? Do we need to start sending donations to bring back after school programs or something?

A ban on gun straw purchases would help. People love bringing up that Illinois has very tough gun laws but the problem is not legal guns: it's illegal guns. IE cacs driving guns into the state from surrounding states with less strict laws, and selling the guns on the underground market. These gangs aren't buying guns at regular gun stores, they're getting them underground. Oftentimes there are drug trades involved, ie guns for drugs+money.

The other issue is what you mentioned: the lack of stuff to do. After school programs and such. These kids finish school and go head back to empty homes. And all types of trouble is sparked. I did some health related community work in Chicago a few years ago. One thing that shocked me was that a large group of children go to school every day in the city and then go home to empty projects/apartments/etc. The parents are gone, literally. Older sibling takes the role of parent, but that's too much weight for most kids.
:mjcry:

Some type of works program could help to. Hiring teens and young adults to cut grass at the projects, do construction, etc. Anything to get them out the streets and put some money in their pockets.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
A ban on gun straw purchases would help. People love bringing up that Illinois has very tough gun laws but the problem is not legal guns: it's illegal guns. IE cacs driving guns into the state from surrounding states with less strict laws, and selling the guns on the underground market. These gangs aren't buying guns at regular gun stores, they're getting them underground. Oftentimes there are drug trades involved, ie guns for drugs+money.

The other issue is what you mentioned: the lack of stuff to do. After school programs and such. These kids finish school and go head back to empty homes. And all types of trouble is sparked. I did some health related community work in Chicago a few years ago. One thing that shocked me was that a large group of children go to school every day in the city and then go home to empty projects/apartments/etc. The parents are gone, literally. Older sibling takes the role of parent, but that's too much weight for most kids.

Some type of works program could help to. Hiring teens and young adults to cut grass at the projects, do construction, etc. Anything to get them out the streets and put some money in their pockets.

All excellent points. 100% agree. The one thing that always gets pushed to the periphery is how the guns get into the city; yeah you have a select few that break in and steal them from pawn shops and such, but like you said, privateers are selling guns on an underground market to the youth, like in the movie Strapped 1993.

Powerful post homie

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
All excellent points. 100% agree. The one thing that always gets pushed to the periphery is how the guns get into the city; yeah you have a select few that break in and steal them from pawn shops and such, but like you said, privateers are selling guns on an underground market to the youth, like in the movie Strapped 1993.

Powerful post homie

it's so easy to buy a gun breh. several nikkas from the set i used to roll with all sell guns, they just head back to chicago, and bring em back up to wisco. so much damn heat :sadcam:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
it's so easy to buy a gun breh. several nikkas from the set i used to roll with all sell guns, they just head back to chicago, and bring em back up to wisco. so much damn heat :sadcam:
Yep. I won't say how I know, but in Atlanta, its ridiculously easy to get a gun to the point of absurdity. There is literally a flood of weaponry in our Black cities that are not in other areas of the country and that is by design.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

Seems like this type of program would work wonders in Chicago

Last edited:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
This is the type of shyt I would LOVE to participate in. If we could get these going on a massive scale throughout the city, in about 5 years there will be a huge difference in the violent crime rates.

After watching that video I was shocked to find there were urban gardens all over Atlanta. It got my brain moving thinking of the possibilities.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Threads like these attract the white racists on the coli, OP.

Obviously gun violence is an crisis in our community, so let's try and make the discussion about how and why it occurs in Black cities instead of a finger-shaking session at the Blacks.

I think cacs do these to ensure white flight. I think Atlanta lost a bit of jobs when black folks started coming to town in large numbers back in the day.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Seriously, is there anything that can be done to stop the violence in Chicago? Do we need to start sending donations to bring back after school programs or something?
nikka start with Detroit ( lol you know I'm biased)... but first 3 months of 2015 homicides increased 25%... and shyt been getting crazy since the sun started coming out.

Baltimore, memphis, oakland, etc... are worse than Chicago year after year... The car jackings in Chicago haven't been this low since Michael Jackson was born, and Crime was cut in half in the last 20 years.

Oakland and detroit are Double % wise -- with the number of violent crimes.

It makes me wonder why a place like St. Louis isn't spoken about as much as Chicago... Especially in 2013 . 2014 etc... the Murder rate in the Chi hasn't been that low since Lyndon Johnson was in the white house. :patrice:

compared to other large cities... it's one of the safest. :francis:

Look at small cities like Flint, MI -- This past weekend I was in Flint and :mjcry:
Do you know how many crowds of people were sprayed up. Goes unnoticed.

Anyway, Chicago doesn't need after school programs... it's needs men. A place like St. Louis or Detroit needs programs. Chicago has gangs with young leaders and the old heads have been locked up + liberal politics have made gun illegal...... Which only lead to the underground being able to make madd profit off illegal weapons and they feed that money back to cacs - nikkas get locked up and feed that money Also back to cacs..

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Isn't the NOI headquarters in Chicago? How in the hell you got all the chapters all across the country and they can't even clean up their own backyard smh. Farrakhan can't do nothing about this?

Can anyone answer this?

I actually asked this question and one of the brothers basically told me that
1) half the member of the NOI would be out on the street doing dirt - so in that way they've already helped.
2) Not everyone will be saved.
3) They buy the land, offer the help, sell the Final call, have a program for any brother who'd like to change..... but short of gunning down gang bangers themselves "what would you have them do brother"

I'm like: "brother" I'd like to see them have a more active role.
He was like : We view the black man as god even these ignorant little nikkas... We show then love and the ones who aren't so lost that they can feel the love - usually turn their lives around.

I still didn't get an answer
To me Farrakhan is a powerful man - Damn near the last one left :wow:

Maybe it's because our communities Do not support the man :manny:

AJaRuleStan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Killa Queens
I don't get it. Why was the Baltimore thread moved to the bushes, and this is allowed to stay? This is slightly high but within a standard deviation for Chicago. The point of the other threads is that crime has increased in Baltimore well beyond the norm, so that thread really needed to stay in the root imo.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Can anyone answer this?

I actually asked this question and one of the brothers basically told me that
1) half the member of the NOI would be out on the street doing dirt - so in that way they've already helped.
2) Not everyone will be saved.
3) They buy the land, offer the help, sell the Final call, have a program for any brother who'd like to change..... but short of gunning down gang bangers themselves "what would you have them do brother"

I'm like: "brother" I'd like to see them have a more active role.
He was like : We view the black man as god even these ignorant little nikkas... We show then love and the ones who aren't so lost that they can feel the love - usually turn their lives around.

I still didn't get an answer
To me Farrakhan is a powerful man - Damn near the last one left :wow:

Maybe it's because our communities Do not support the man :manny:
I answered earlier the thread. You may still be suffering from your tantrum against me a while back so you probably skipped it.