Chicago Crime Tracking Thread

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Seriously, is there anything that can be done to stop the violence in Chicago? Do we need to start sending donations to bring back after school programs or something?
Its not the donations homie; the mayor and city council and also the state of Illinois refuse to allocate resources and funds for after school and summer programs. The state especially is in a budget crisis, so they are seizing funds from everything that affects Black youth, including education in the city and summer programs.. We have to demand that the city and state governments allocate funds to these programs and guaranteed the violence will decrease.

I've spent a lot of time around Chicago youth and other youth in Illinois in my work and they all say, they legit feel like people have forgotten about them. "We have no playgrounds, no programs, our schools are shytty, etc." What they want is resources to succeed, that's all they want.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Its not the donations homie; the mayor and city council and also the state of Illinois refuse to allocate resources and funds for after school and summer programs. The state especially is in a budget crisis, so they are seizing funds from everything that affects Black youth, including education in the city and summer programs.. We have to demand that the city and state governments allocate funds to these programs and guaranteed the violence will decrease.

I've spent a lot of time around Chicago youth and other youth in Illinois in my work and they all say, they legit feel like people have forgotten about them. "We have no playgrounds, no programs, our schools are shytty, etc." What they want is resources to succeed, that's all they want.

I already know the government won't do anything about it, which is why I mentioned donations. White people aren't going to fix our problems, we gotta do that.

Especially in a city with Chicago's racist history. Are there any black led organizations in Chicago that you know about that are addressing the violence issue?

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I already know the government won't do anything about it. Especially in a city with Chicago's racist history. Are there any black led organizations in Chicago that you know about that are addressing the violence issue?

Even though the NOI is headquartered here, it seems like they aren't really doing anything.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I already know the government won't do anything about it. Especially in a city with Chicago's racist history. Are there any black led organizations in Chicago that you know about that are addressing the violence issue?
You have a few on the ground that are trying to host summer programs. OBS, UL, Englewood has a community group too; They partnered with the Boys and Girls Clubs and a few others, but its just so little at this point and they need money to do it. It will take big donations since the state will not allocate the funds.

The major issue is money. All the groups on the ground can only do so much with little funds. So the question remains, how do we either 1)pool money or fundraise for a massive summer program for Black youth that is at least a decade-long project or 2)create a massive contingency of community organizations and labor unions to take our ass to Springfield and demand to the govt. to allocate those funds? At this point, I have no faith the in the Black Elite to make large donations because they simple don't care about the Black community.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
the gang culture is far to embedded in the fabric of the city, coupled with the fact that the cities very officials are among the most corrupt in the country, this shyt aint going nowhere. but atleast chicago is getting safer, it's far safer than the 90s, 80s, and 70s

:skip:

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
Isn't the NOI headquarters in Chicago? How in the hell you got all the chapters all across the country and they can't even clean up their own backyard smh. Farrakhan can't do nothing about this?

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Isn't the NOI headquarters in Chicago? How in the hell you got all the chapters all across the country and they can't even clean up their own backyard smh. Farrakhan can't do nothing about this?
That hasn't been their focus unfortunately. Their structure is based in Black Capitalism. They speak at rallies and do some stuff in relation to police brutality, but unless it has to do with making money, the NOI tend to keep quiet.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When will WE ovastand killing each other:rip: is a landslide victory for CaC Supremacy:beli:

Last edited: