Chennedy Carter is hating on Caitlyn Clark on a Generational level

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Nah if you listen to what she says vs what someone like Lebron says about the new “it” person (he big upped Steph coming out of college, Zion, Wemby this year) that’s a massive difference

Theres a difference between tempering expectations while also trying to big up your generation of girls due to some envy/jealous of the attention

So y'all calling taurasi jealous because she was honest.
And obviously right
:martin:

Did you even listen to taurasi
"There's level to this.... That's just life... We've all been through.... Gotta be a grace period"

That's literally her helping CC out, so the fans wouldn't be shocked if she's not doing what she was in college

blackestofpanthers

God forgives, you are forgiven.
Daps
Reppin
Bay area
Nah if you listen to what she says vs what someone like Lebron says about the new “it” person (he big upped Steph coming out of college, Zion, Wemby this year) that’s a massive difference

Theres a difference between tempering expectations while also trying to big up your generation of girls due to some envy/jealous of the attention
Got damn your fakkit ass always bringing up lebron :laff:
Give it a rest juandawg

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And obviously right

"There's level to this.... That's just life... We've all been through.... Gotta be a grace period"

That's literally her helping CC out, so the fans wouldn't be shocked if she's not doing what she was in college
Lotto picks aren't even guaranteed to make the roster but Taurasi is a hater for saying shyt is different at the pro level.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
And obviously right

I think that’s Taurasi’s personality from what I’ve heard about her… that’s she’s essentially a bytch/ahole off the court (idk if that’s true but just what I’ve heard the narrative about her)

She don’t hide from that. But at the same time it comes across as hate/envy in this scenario

calh45

Cal
Daps
Everyone is complaining except for Caitlin.

She’s going to be fine.

This. It's honestly making me a fan of hers.....and Angel is keeping it G too. The vets are being straight up goons to both of them and it's noticeable.

The noticeable gooning is the shyt the league actually needs to get it check. If players ain't doing it to nobody else except those two it's fukking weird. Angel and Caitlin working through it is one thing, but the league being cool with other players body checking and elbowing rookies because they're popular ain't the best path forward for a league trying to gain ground. This is their best look in years and they risk alienating fans because the existing players can't get over themselves.

The shyt on first take was weird too. SAS ain't gonna talk about a sport that ain't popular on a flag ship ESPN show. It makes sense for him to talk about it now because people are paying attention. The whole league is gonna fukk up the bag because people are paying attention now and the people who were there are mad they weren't paying attention before Caitlin and Angel.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She don’t hide from that. But at the same time it comes across as hate/envy in this scenario
How does it come across as hate/envy? And her response wasn't even directed solely to CC, but to all the rookies coming in.

The final day for cuts was Monday, May 13, at the end of the day. In 2023, just 15 of the 36 WNBA draftees made the final cut, according to the Indy Star.

Daps
Reppin
TOR --> OAK
I think that’s Taurasi’s personality from what I’ve heard about her… that’s she’s essentially a bytch/ahole off the court (idk if that’s true but just what I’ve heard the narrative about her)

Did you actually watch the clip? SVP was asking about all rookies, then named a couple including CC. Why would the all time leader in points, possibly the great WNBA ever be hating by saying it'll be a transition period? Not even singling out Clark?

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did you actually watch the clip? SVP was asking about all rookies, then named a couple including CC. Why would the all time leader in points, possibly the great WNBA ever be hating by saying it'll be a transition period? Not even singling out Clark?
Breh, people were in their feelings about this shyt.

Taurasi picking a highly rated prospect that goes to her alma mater is hate and jealousy to them.

Last edited:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I mean let her have her moment. She was out the league last year and is apparently a locker room head case. This the most attention she will ever receive and if she wants to be Dillon Brooks let her be

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I love it. It brings that old school feeling back. "You're just a rookie until you prove yourself here, and take from us". Basically, what y'all saying is if she has bad games, let her shoot wide open shots, and get wide open layups, so that she can feel better about herself. Or else, the fans will get mad at us. How does that even sound?

A dude I was cool with in HS, and he played ball overseas, is an assistant coach in the WNBA. He said they play with that oldschool feeling, or trash talking, and physicality, and making players step up. He said "yeah, I love it. This is how I grew up playing"

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Nah the NBA/NFL etc look at themselves as a brotherhood. In the end they don't want to hurt each other and look out for their bread. There are always crazy examples and outliers, but for the most part that's the way it works

In the WNBA some of these women are jealous and bitter because they don't have the $$ right now

Can you link all this hate and Jealousy towards Caitlyn from the women of the league. I've seen one incident, one girl say something and that was carter

Yall cant say someone saying it's gonna be harder in the WNBA is hate

Its the truth

Last edited: