Charlamagne Tha God just posted this on IG

blackestofpanthers

God forgives, you are forgiven.
Daps
Reppin
Bay area
Politicians and the media are really comfortable thinking the way to talk to Black Men is to patronize and be condescending

And no one bats an eye
It’s for a lot of reasons, but black people generally lack self respect and believe disrespect is common place. Also, too many black people see themselves as separate from the rest, which is why you have people defending these constant disrespectful actions. Black people are at the bottom of society, it’s why these people identify more with a political party than their own people. It’s why you have people celebrating for “saving democracy” and such. It’s easier for them to feel as though they are part of a “winning team”. You notice they are quicker to disassociate from “hood nikkas” than they would racist democrats. Call Biden out about his relationship with strom Thurmond or the crime bill, they’ll rush to defend it. Call out “hood nikkas” as these ignorant good for nothings, they’ll agree with it and rush to disassociate “he ain’t talking about me he talking about *those* nikkas”.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
You assume every Black person listens to hip hop these days? Especially when most of it is just about hedonism, killing your ops, or slanging your vagina? I am 54 years old. I don't listen to anything that is derogatory in my music.

Also, please give me a line that shows it is being used in a non-derogatory way?
that post wasn't for 'every black person'. it was for a specific group within the black community.

This is one of the top 10 hip hop songs right now:

Future, Metro Boomin, Kendrick Lamar - Like That​

All these pointers on me, baby, you know it's game time
Bring a friend, bytch, we fukked 'em at the same time
I'm a different nikka, no, we not the same kind
You can have that lil'— if she ain't mine (Yeah)

Think I won't drop the location? I still got PTSD
Motherfukk the big three, nikka, it's just big me
nikka, bum
What? I'm really like that
And your best work is a light pack
nikka, Prince outlived Mike Jack'
nikka, bum
'Fore all your dogs gettin' buried
That's a K with all these nines, he gon' see Pet Sematary (Yeah)
nikka, bum

None of this was used in a derogatory way. It's just regular talk. save the fake outrage

nikkas been reciting They Not like us word for word for damn near half of 2024 with Kendrick saying nikka every other line, but now it's a problem :comeon:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Notice that talking down to black folks is a theme of the democrats.

When you display worse knowledge of civics and politics than a 5th grader, you get talked to accordingly.
3a9ah5e.png

blockburna420

Consecutive thumbs up
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This thread proves that when the times, if it ever comes, a lot of y'all definitely will have to go.

If god wills it, we will definitely be rid of you fukking clowns.
:sas1: what do you mean yall will have to go ?

and how will you rid the population?

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes it is. You judge if a word is negative by how it is mainly used, not by how people try to define it after the fact. You can find here on this site, and many other places, the word being used mainly as a negative epithet. I have not seen it used in a positive manner once on this site. I have not heard it used in a positive manner once out in the open in the past 10 years or more. I have seen it used when talking about killing the ops, or talking about actions we do not like.

So this idea that it is not negative is false, because the manner in which it is used in todays world is invariably negative.
This. 99% of the time that word is used it is negative.

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
i mean who is surprised, this is afterall, charlagmagne who is best friends with Alt-Right Andrew Schultz. Charla go get his wakeup call soon enough, but knowing him he's just gonna joke it off.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
It’s for a lot of reasons, but black people generally lack self respect and believe disrespect is common place. Also, too many black people see themselves as separate from the rest, which is why you have people defending these constant disrespectful actions. Black people are at the bottom of society, it’s why these people identify more with a political party than their own people. It’s why you have people celebrating for “saving democracy” and such. It’s easier for them to feel as though they are part of a “winning team”. You notice they are quicker to disassociate from “hood nikkas” than they would racist democrats. Call Biden out about his relationship with strom Thurmond or the crime bill, they’ll rush to defend it. Call out “hood nikkas” as these ignorant good for nothings, they’ll agree with it and rush to disassociate “he ain’t talking about me he talking about *those* nikkas”.

Too many black folks indulge in entertainment that says "nikka" since the days of NWA. Movies, music, even video games with hood themes, they hear that word often. Why get angry now, when the last 36 years, you classified yourself as a "real nikka" ? :stopitslime:

If this took you to reflect on the damage of the everyday use of the N word, they you lost introspective from the start.