Chaos in the Middle of a Pandemic: 2020 NBA Off-Season Thread

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Seems mad soon

You gotta think about it though. A normal offseason is 3.5-5.5 months depending on when the team's season ended.

If they start on Christmas and start training camp earlier in December, 8 teams (ATL/CHA/CHI/CLE/DET/GS/MIN/NY) would have had 8.5 months off. The 6 teams that were in the bubble but didn't make the playoffs (MEM/NO/PHO/SAC/SA/WAS) would have 3.5 off. The 8 teams that went out 1st round would've had 3. The 4 that lost in the 2nd round got 2.5.

And also let's account for the fact that all 22 teams in the bubble were also off for 3 months between the suspension of the season and the start of training camp to get ready for the restart.

The teams that get the short end of stick are really the Lakers & Heat, and to an extent the Celtics & Nuggets. But it is what it is :manny:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kcp no longer under contract...who would they trade?

I think this is just a counter rumor to the chris paul rumor...

I truly believe lakers are trying to run it back as much as possible... they are gelling...gotta gel even more
This is a LeBron team though breh, gelling isn't that serious to him. Hell, they just won a championship while pretty much being thrown together last offseason and none of the major key pieces even being long term Lakers (Kuzma being the closest), they likely feel they can win a title with whoever you put around Bron and AD.

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You gotta think about it though. A normal offseason is 3.5-5.5 months depending on when the team's season ended.

If they start on Christmas and start training camp earlier in December, 8 teams (ATL/CHA/CHI/CLE/DET/GS/MIN/NY) would have had 8.5 months off. The 6 teams that were in the bubble but didn't make the playoffs (MEM/NO/PHO/SAC/SA/WAS) would have 3.5 off. The 8 teams that went out 1st round would've had 3. The 4 that lost in the 2nd round got 2.5.

And also let's account for the fact that all 22 teams in the bubble were also off for 3 months between the suspension of the season and the start of training camp to get ready for the restart.

The teams that get the short end of stick are really the Lakers & Heat, and to an extent the Celtics & Nuggets. But it is what it is :manny:
True. That’s what I was thinking. Lakers and Heat just got finished lol. Them nikkas only getting a little less than 2 months break before they back to training early December

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Not only that, depending on how you rank the next 5 or so, the Lakers could have up to 3 of those guys (Karl Malone, Jerry West,

Is it really though?

8 teams haven't even played a game since MARCH. The majority of the league haven't played since the middle of the summer.
I was thinking Lakers and Heat lol. Bron got like a month and some change off before back to training camp

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Still see them starting on MLK Day
Agree. This seems more realistic than Christmas Day

The draft isn’t until the end of November. Then after that they would still have to do free agency and at least a couple weeks of training camp. Can’t see them cramming all that in basically one month

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Agree. This seems more realistic than Christmas Day

The draft isn’t until the end of November. Then after that they would still have to do free agency and at least a couple weeks of training camp. Can’t see them cramming all that in basically one month

True but they’ve done similar before. The 2011 lockout ended Thanksgiving week and they had free agency & training camp in less than a month to start the season on Christmas. Though the draft had already happened months prior.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They're going to start it on MLK Weekend... maybe even the week or two before.

They cannot have the NBA Finals in August or September

I think that would be dependent on what the schedule format is.

Silver has made it clear many times now that they want to play all 82 instead of a reduced schedule. So with that mind, I can’t see how they avoid an August/September Finals if they were to start in January.