Chaos in the Middle of a Pandemic: 2020 NBA Off-Season Thread

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
LaMelo

Golden State could ask for Carter or a protected pick next year
Would hate to lose Wendell to move up 2/3 spots but I know the cost from 4 to top of draft is usually a future first value. I really want to keep the young core and see what we really have with Coby, Zach, Lauri & Carter. I trust AK with whatever he decides though. If we plan on running LaMelo, Coby, Zach (and I suppose Lauri) - we would really need Wendell's defensive anchor potential.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Would hate to lose Wendell to move up 2/3 spots but I know the cost from 4 to top of draft is usually a future first value. I really want to keep the young core and see what we really have with Coby, Zach, Lauri & Carter. I trust AK with whatever he decides though. If we plan on running LaMelo, Coby, Zach (and I suppose Lauri) - we would really need Wendell's defensive anchor potential.

I think we've seen what we have. We have a team that plays hard but doesn't have enough firepower to compete day to day. I think a defensive anchor isn't that important in the current climate, if you have one they need to be able to contribute a lot on the offensive end also, IMO. I'd gladly trade WCJ for an offensive spark plug.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think we've seen what we have. We have a team that plays hard but doesn't have enough firepower to compete day to day. I think a defensive anchor isn't that important in the current climate, if you have one they need to be able to contribute a lot on the offensive end also, IMO. I'd gladly trade WCJ for an offensive spark plug.
I agree what Wendell offers isnt as important these days, but I do think its hard to judge these players as a unit playing under Boylen. If you run a set of LaMelo, Coby, Zach you do need some defense to compliment them. Wendell can clean up in the paint for them.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I agree what Wendell offers isnt as important these days, but I do think its hard to judge these players as a unit playing under Boylen. If you run a set of LaMelo, Coby, Zach you do need some defense to compliment them. Wendell can clean up in the paint for them.

Maybe but it's easier to find and replace that skillset in free agency or the trade market vs. acquiring what someone like LaMelo could offer.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
Every time I see Wiggins involved in a blockbuster trade

wQBgQZj.jpg

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I don't think it would even take WCJ in this draft to move up 2 slots...maybe some of our younger underutilized dudes like hutch/gafford plus some seconds ... its bot like this is a luka/trae situation :francis:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think this draft is good enough for us to have to include Carter with the 4th to move up 2 spots.

In a draft where you have 2-3 guys with superstar potential, you do it, but for this draft :hubie:

I feel like Wendell would've been top 5 if he was in this draft.