Chaos in the Middle of a Pandemic: 2020 NBA Off-Season Thread

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
These rookies are fukked :yeshrug:

I mean, they're almost in the same boat as the 2011 draft class. 2011 rookies at least got to finish their college seasons out and go through a normal draft process, but literally a week after they got drafted the league is shut down. They know what team they play for but they literally weren't even allowed to go to their team facilities or do any official team activities, no summer league, idle for months until December when they have a 2-week training camp with 2 preseason games and then thrown into the fire.

They turned out fine tho :manny:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

He's 16 right now

Qestbrook is everything against Morey's philosophy.

And fertitta basically confirmed it last year:

"I was in Europe, and so I was six or seven hours ahead of them. So I’m talking at 2, 3, 4 in the morning. And we just decided to do it. They ran different statistics by me.

My basketball ops [operations] got maybe a little weak at the end, and I just said, ‘We’re doing this. We are going to make the change. We’re going to go after it and roll the dice. We’re going to find that 5 percent.’

The one thing I believe you do in business, and you do in basketball, is you never sit still. You always keep it exciting. Not only is it exciting that we’re a better team, but it’s exciting for the fans. I owe it to them to give them the best opportunity to win a championship every year."

is that rudy & nikola