Midwest
b2531bd48bfc46e05f3d35562c5b6f11.png

[/quote]

h2o_proof

Thread Closed...As Usual
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Man ya'll still on this plant shyt huh? Meanwhile this dude is playing Buenos Aires while ya'll sleeping (ha!) and packing venues full of fans that know all his songs word for word. As an artist, what's doper than that? How can you hate on that? My biggest gripe with some of my favorite artists is that they don't tour enough, nor do they connect with their audience. fukk sales, fukk radio play, fukk affiliation and fukk the critics. If you performing and putting on a dope show no matter how big or small the venue and people consistently come out to see you that's more important than anything.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Did this nikka just stand on his tippitoes like a ballerina:dahell:?nikka you aint :mj: or :pachaha:.....He need to chill:whoa:....I already didn't like this nikkas music before,but thecoli's hate campaign is starting to work on me....after reading through this thread i knew yall had me,I aint wanna be hater but yall made me one:why:....No reason i shoulda let out a :mjlol: after seeing this young man in a hospital bed with a iv in his arm....even if lowkey he got the :lolbron: smirk on his face wit his eyes closed....we see you nikka:mjpls:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I just don't see the "push" for Chance that would indicate that he's a plant. He would be all over the radio if he were.

He's still really only known on the internet. He has connections of course because his dad is like a presidential campaign manager
:dead:

I think it's safe to say that his pops knowledge on how to connect with people benefited his son's career, not some record execs secretly backing him behind the scenes. He explains pretty much how everything came into place for him in his BFC interview.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I just don't see the "push" for Chance that would indicate that he's a plant. He would be all over the radio if he were.

He's still really only known on the internet. He has connections of course because his dad is like a presidential campaign manager
:dead:

I think it's safe to say that his pops knowledge on how to connect with people benefited his son's career, not some record execs secretly backing him behind the scenes. He explains pretty much how everything came into place for him in his BFC interview.
fam this dude was getting COVERS of magazines... articles in rolling stone... in 2013.. with ONE fukking mixtape out

no it's not a secret exec... it's actually wide out in the open... he's signed to CAA... the top entertainment agency in the WORLD...

so what they do for you... is get you favors... like winning awards and shyt and magazine covers when you can't even get 1 song on the radio... because they have so many famous musicians and actors on the team... they approach you like "hey rolling stone.. put this unknown dude with no buzz in your magazine, and we'll get you an exclusive with brad pitt"

plant or whatever you want to call it.... he ain't getting all this press and publicity based off his music.... cause as you said... he can't even get a song on the radio... and that's because all radio stations are under federal watch for taking payola... it's the only market you can't buy anymore

Daps
fam this dude was getting COVERS of magazines... articles in rolling stone... in 2013.. with ONE fukking mixtape out

no it's not a secret exec... it's actually wide out in the open... he's signed to CAA... the top entertainment agency in the WORLD...

so what they do for you... is get you favors... like winning awards and shyt and magazine covers when you can't even get 1 song on the radio... because they have so many famous musicians and actors on the team... they approach you like "hey rolling stone.. put this unknown dude with no buzz in your magazine, and we'll get you an exclusive with brad pitt"

plant or whatever you want to call it.... he ain't getting all this press and publicity based off his music.... cause as you said... he can't even get a song on the radio... and that's because all radio stations are under federal watch for taking payola... it's the only market you can't buy anymore

But Acid Rap >

So fukk it.

What the fukk is an Industry plant anyway?

All these nikkas is industry plants if you think about it, all these nikkas got deals under the table months before we even hear about them. Drake was doing big budget videos with Trey Songs back in 06, funny he's never hit with the "Industry Plant" label.

volk

Daps
Reppin
LA

So he's signed to an agency like many other entertainers and they did a good job of getting his name out there? Big deal.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

:what:

His pops was heavily involved with the campaign for Obama that landed him in the White House. That campaign leaned on the younger generation and the internet to build up momentum and connect with the people. Chance's team did the same thing with his career. He used the resources he had available to him and he's winning because of that. Anybody with that connection would do the same.

What do you think is harder to do? Game plan a Presidential Election or get a skilled rapper on some blogs and publications?

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
A plant is someone who pretends to be unsigned to fool you into thinking he/she has organic buzz when in fact he/she is already signed and having secret push.

That's it. You can't be a plant if you're already signed before your debut and you tell your fanbase up front. Rocky is a great example. The media reported he was signed well before his mixtape came out. In fact, his signing is what he used as buzz for people to pay attention to "Purple Swag" before the mixtape dropped.