Chance The Rapper Is The Most Blatant Industry Plant Of All Time

NerdBird

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Southern Califa
Real shyt, who the fukk is Chance the Rapper?

I only remember his acid mixtape from datpiff when I was trying to download some Lil B...

and then I see him in a Rolling Stone Cover, something about Complex, on rapradar (when I use to browse it) and I was like....

:dahell::dahell::dahell:

Who is this? The last rapper that I remember gaining a lot of popularity off one mixtape was A$AP Rocky... I did some research and I found out he has connects but still...

the fukk is a Chance?:mjlol:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
:beli: Pretend like you don't hear the whole crowd reciting the hooks the very first time it drops.

Believe whatever you want about how his buzz was created. You already have your mind made up. But there's no reason to continue to act like he has no fans when he clearly has plenty. The post I responded to said "Can anyone point to a Chance fan?" I pointed to many :manny:
well duh... we are not saying people aren't fans... we are saying people aren't fans to the point that it garners magazine covers and awards and commercials.. i mean really.. is it that hard to understand?

i'll ask a simple question. do you believe this publicity he's getting is a real grassroot movement or it's bought and paid for with money and favors?

that's all people are saying. they are seeing this guy get all these accolades and not just famous... but MEGA star talent on his songs and giving him praise.. and it's not matching up to having one hot mixtape and ZERO songs on radio or tv.. it's just not.

dude could be good.. he could have some fans out here. but he's not on meek level, shyt french level with shotcallers, Odd future level type fandom yet.. he couldn't drop an album today and do 100k first week. how would he with zero songs in rotation on the radio

that shyt is a slap in the face to fans, that the industry would throw this nikka in our face and tell us "he's so amazing that MADONNA is rocking out.. madonna ain't endorsed a damn rapper since big daddy kane in the 80s and that's cause they was fukking.. and i still don't remember her saying she loved his music

dude is in pics with obama... uncle is spike lee... signed to CAA with NO ALBUM OUT.. and you showing me a video of less than 10k people at a show and telling me yea it all matches up perfectly... come on now

they playing us for fools with this one and you eating it up and gonna tell us we wrong for not thinking the same

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Chance is/was a true industry plant. Ppl used to call Drake and Whiz industry plants but they weren't. With Drake they just had some bullshyt "label war" when we all knew he was cash money. But I distinctively recall his comeup even before he hooked up with Wayne. Ppl on sohh used to talk about him, I had friends that would ask me about him as well. Same with Whiz then they both had that one mixtape [after a series of previous work that really put them on and that was So Far Gone and Kush and OJ]....Chance's "comeup" was nothing close. I don't recall anyone ever bringing this guy up prior to Acid Rap, but Acid Rap drops and it's literally everywhere

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Nope. Yams knew mad people from Pitchfork, Fader, Complex (two of which are headquartered in NYC) and had them in pocket before Purple Swag even dropped, hence why those sites were so quick to feature it. Them dudes were known club rats in Downtown Manhattan and BK at shyt like LIT and Santos. Rocky been signed to Polo Grounds before Purple Swag making shyt like "Get High", couldn't get buzz then they hopped on the South bandwagon cause that's what people like Noz were hyping. Asked Purrp to come up North to legitimize the style jack. Nice to believe in your fairytale though.

This sounds pretty credible. Shawty you're arguing with stans those nikkas and I really hate when ppl argue with stans, nothing you say will penetrate

Last edited:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I think if someone ask you how you got on...and your story is different every time...you are a plant regardless of anything else...

I think if you come out the gate with big name producers on your record...you are a plant regardless of anything else...

I think if you blow up out of nowhere and no one locally ever heard of you...you are a plant regardless of anything else...

Travis is obviously a plant cause if you browse the net he has about 4 different versions of how he "got on"...

Asap is a plant cause he blew up off some blog site...but i am sure that blog site was paid some money to push him...cause this dude pretty much fell out of the sky...

I wouldn't call Kendrick a plant...simply because he's got some older stuff from years ago you can check out when he was a nobody...but i would call him a...repackaged gift...

I'd say the real plants are Asap, Travis, Chance

The ppl who aren't plants but ppl think are, Drake, Whiz

And I agree with what you said about Kendrick, he isn't a plant like chance and them but there was a little greasing somewhere to really get him out there but he had been grinding and putting in work prior

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
I'd say the real plants are Asap, Travis, Chance

The ppl who aren't plants but ppl think are, Drake, Whiz

And I agree with what you said about Kendrick, he isn't a plant like chance and them but there was a little greasing somewhere to really get him out there but he had been grinding and putting in work prior

Chance doesnt have that 1 song though that got people checkin for him like most rappers who blow up do.. I remember Purple Swag and gifs from it, like him smokin on the couch was like ALL over my tumblr feed.. shyt just got passed around through tumblr and then it transcended onto forums and shyt. tbh, thats how rocky gained his initial buzz that led to people trynna find other music and anticipating his tape. that's how i found out about him.

i know Chance had previous work, but he didn't have that 1 or two songs.. it was just like Acid Rap was EVERYWHERE.

Last edited:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
My brother's a big fan and he doesn't even follow message boards or anything like that.

Seen a few videos like this where everyone in the audience knows all the words to his songs. I guess all these people are plants too :yeshrug:

He must be like 14

i5upht.jpg

volk

Daps
Reppin
LA
well duh... we are not saying people aren't fans... we are saying people aren't fans to the point that it garners magazine covers and awards and commercials.. i mean really.. is it that hard to understand?

i'll ask a simple question. do you believe this publicity he's getting is a real grassroot movement or it's bought and paid for with money and favors?

that's all people are saying. they are seeing this guy get all these accolades and not just famous... but MEGA star talent on his songs and giving him praise.. and it's not matching up to having one hot mixtape and ZERO songs on radio or tv.. it's just not.

dude could be good.. he could have some fans out here. but he's not on meek level, shyt french level with shotcallers, Odd future level type fandom yet.. he couldn't drop an album today and do 100k first week. how would he with zero songs in rotation on the radio

that shyt is a slap in the face to fans, that the industry would throw this nikka in our face and tell us "he's so amazing that MADONNA is rocking out.. madonna ain't endorsed a damn rapper since big daddy kane in the 80s and that's cause they was fukking.. and i still don't remember her saying she loved his music

dude is in pics with obama... uncle is spike lee... signed to CAA with NO ALBUM OUT.. and you showing me a video of less than 10k people at a show and telling me yea it all matches up perfectly... come on now

they playing us for fools with this one and you eating it up and gonna tell us we wrong for not thinking the same

I'm not even a huge fan, but I just don't see it as some huge conspiracy. The people behind Chance are doing what they are supposed to do - promoting their artist and doing a great job at it. If they have better and stronger resources to do so than say Meek Mill or French Montana why wouldn't they take advantage? It's not like they just picked some random guy off the street and turned him into a rap star - yea that would be a problem. No amount of planting can make anyone like anything. Step out of this ridiculous Coli world and explore other places on the net, people love this guy. If he was a complete flop with terrible music you wouldn't still be hearing about him.

He must be like 14