Chance The Rapper Is The Most Blatant Industry Plant Of All Time

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/do-y...-be-successful-in-hiphop.176827/#post-6763829

so many people on here make the most ignorant claims:snoop:

"must be a plant cause he didn't try grinding for years locally passing out free mixtapes on the block and uploading his music free to datpiff that would get 250 downloads tops"

someone makes a smart move to launch their career and that makes them a plant? he skipped worry about building up a local fanbase and went straight for a fanbase from everywhere by using the internet. its not called being a plant, its called being smart and thinking a step ahead.

It doesn't have anything to do with "grinding"

And I don't think he made a "smart move"...unless you count paying a blog guy some money to say "ASAP Rocky is hot" a smart move...

New York city is far to large, has far to much music history, has far to many music industry people in it, for someone to come up without someone hearing about them at some point...I mean...it's ludicrous to me that anyone could think that this dude really just met with a blogger, dropped a tape, and the blogger felt it so much that he just decided to tell everyone he knew to get on the ASAP wave on the strength of how much he liked his music...come on...this is fairy tale stuff right here...out of all the places to blow out of nowhere New York is the place he does it...come on

Being smart and staying ahead of the game? What? There are 10,000's of artist every year who put there music on the net...does that make them smart...how come they don't blow up? You gonna tell me ASAP music is that much better than all of there's?

He skipped building a local fanbase? And that's smart? You mean to tell me ASAP fukking Rocky had the foresight to say to himself "you know what New York is a gigantic city with a rich music history in it...but fukk that I am just not going to do any shows here, not going to do any promotion here, not gonna cut any records here, I'm just going to go for that world wide audience cause I know some random guy is going to be feeling my music that much"

Yeah ok...

And lol at someone linking that thread...tell you what lets start a new one and for every 1 artist you post who didn't have a hometown fanbase and made it big, I will post 10 who did have a hometown fanbase and did make it big, and we will see who runs out of artist first

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
It doesn't have anything to do with "grinding"

And I don't think he made a "smart move"...unless you count paying a blog guy some money to say "ASAP Rocky is hot" a smart move...

New York city is far to large, has far to much music history, has far to many music industry people in it, for someone to come up without someone hearing about them at some point..
.I mean...it's ludicrous to me that anyone could think that this dude really just met with a blogger, dropped a tape, and the blogger felt it so much that he just decided to tell everyone he knew to get on the ASAP wave on the strength of how much he liked his music...come on...this is fairy tale stuff right here...out of all the places to blow out of nowhere New York is the place he does it...come on

Being smart and staying ahead of the game? What? There are 10,000's of artist every year who put there music on the net...does that make them smart...how come they don't blow up? You gonna tell me ASAP music is that much better than all of there's?

He skipped building a local fanbase? And that's smart? You mean to tell me ASAP fukking Rocky had the foresight to say to himself "you know what New York is a gigantic city with a rich music history in it...but fukk that I am just not going to do any shows here, not going to do any promotion here, not gonna cut any records here, I'm just going to go for that world wide audience cause I know some random guy is going to be feeling my music that much"

Yeah ok...

And lol at someone linking that thread...tell you what lets start a new one and for every 1 artist you post who didn't have a hometown fanbase and made it big, I will post 10 who did have a hometown fanbase and did make it big, and we will see who runs out of artist first

Except.. that isn't what happened at all so whatever you just said means absolutely nothing, especially considering he came up off the strength of music that sounds southern. yeah, im sure ASAP Rocky, the dude who got his buzz with a song like Purple Swag would have been able to get a local following in NY with that sound when hes still getting hated on for "biting" the south or w.e.. like I said in the other thread..

he didn't just drop his mixtape and paid some blog to say "hey this guy is hot" lmao you literally dont know anything about his come up youre just assuming.. and I laid in out in that thread..

Yams, the guy who started ASAP built a credible hip hop tumblr that had thousands of followers and posted Rocky's music (Purple Swag & Peso) and it got passed around mad quick on there.. I remember, cause people I followed were posting the Purple Swag video and gifs from it (cause he looked cool or w.e) and shyt had mad fukking notes.. its how I found out about him and I assume people (including myself) started checkin for his music..there were some other loose songs of his that were on a tape called "deep purple", too. but anyways yeah, Purple Swag and Pesos..those two songs and videos got him a buzz and "blew up" and they gained an interest and people were wondering about him and shyt trying to find other music from him so there was hype around him and anticipation for his mixtape Live.Love before it even dropped. it wasn't he just dropped a tape and shyt got posted on complex and shyt

there's some rare freestyles of him floating around (and one with ferg, cant remember the title of it, as neither of there names were tagged in the title) on youtube from before he started taking music seriously and just random songs

he ain't no industry plant :stopitslime:

w.e tho im not gonna try convincing someone whos just making assumptions and thinks rocky/yams just paid some blogs like complex to post his music out of no where when that really isnt what happened. they got that buzz and hype independently using Yams tumblr, and then a bunch of blogs and shyt followed the hype

Last edited:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Yams, the guy who started ASAP built a credible hip hop tumblr with thousands of followers and posted Rocky's music (Purple Swag & Peso) and that

Nope. Yams knew mad people from Pitchfork, Fader, Complex (two of which are headquartered in NYC) and had them in pocket before Purple Swag even dropped, hence why those sites were so quick to feature it. Them dudes were known club rats in Downtown Manhattan and BK at shyt like LIT and Santos. Rocky been signed to Polo Grounds before Purple Swag making shyt like "Get High", couldn't get buzz then they hopped on the South bandwagon cause that's what people like Noz were hyping. Asked Purrp to come up North to legitimize the style jack. Nice to believe in your fairytale though.

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
Nope. Yams knew mad people from Pitchfork, Fader, Complex (two of which are headquartered in NYC) and had them in pocket before Purple Swag even dropped, hence why those sites were so quick to feature it. Them dudes were known club rats in Downtown Manhattan and BK at shyt like LIT and Santos. Rocky been signed to Polo Grounds before Purple Swag making shyt like "Get High", couldn't get buzz then they hopped on the South bandwagon cause that's what people like Noz were hyping. Asked Purrp to come up North to legitimize the style jack. Nice to believe in your fairytale though.
But did Polo Grounds have a distribution deal with RCA/Sony before the internet buzz? Like Travis been under Epic records for like 2 years, but they waited 1 year to roll out the "He's been signed by a major banner."

Edit: nevermind Polo Grounds been tied to Sony for a minute. Yea Rocky prolly a plant.

But adding on to that, does anybody really care if Rocky a plant, he seems like a dude who was meant for easy consumption by cac teens.

Last edited:

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps

LOL how the fukk do you know? were you personally around them, do you personally know Yams? Did you hang around them? literally every claim you ever made about them is all based upon... ASSUMPTIONS. not fact, hearsay.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
LOL how the fukk do you know? were you personally around them, do you personally know Yams? Did you hang around them? literally every claim you ever made about them is all based upon... ASSUMPTIONS. not fact, hearsay.

Same social circle.

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
Same social circle.

jlaw-okay.gif

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Travis was completely manufactured by CAA and Anthony Kilhoffer, I would have as much of a problem if he was actually as good as they tell the writers to make him out to be. How you gonna be a ghostproducer using ghostproducers?

He was on the XXL cover without even a mixtape out, they thought they could just put him out as the next Kanye and people would eat it up. I'm happy to see these cacs in suits failing for once at making a superstar.

Rocky benefitted from Yams excellent management and the record labels stepped in early and sealed the deal.

:russ:

Young/Nacho\Drawz

...come on let's picture the possibility...
Daps
Does this guy really own tobacco fields?:ohhh: I wonder if this is an attempt by the tobacco industry to get into Hip Hop music the same way the alcohol industry has. Edgar Bronfman Jr. (Seagrams), Hennessy, Ciroc etc. all have infiltrated the game to promote their poison. They have even bought :ahh:Nas', Diddy's and :birdman: Birdman's soul in the process. :mjpls:It's to the point where Smack is promoting the devil's blood before battles yet even with the GTV Vodka monies he can't afford to pay Loaded Lux what he deserves. :camby:What if Chance is opening the door for the tobacco cartel to do the same? Or have they already been there and I'm just not familiar with them yet? I rebuke this demonic "Chance" rapper friends. :pacspit: