Chance The Rapper Is The Most Blatant Industry Plant Of All Time

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
That's caa. If you think Madonna was chillin in Africa listening to unsigned rappers, you're nutty

She was sent a package from the agency. Maybe a couple bucks. And said what she said. I imagine everyone got the same package
This happened with drake and ASAP as well.

Drake was pushed to give him that cosign after pesos dropped.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I think if someone ask you how you got on...and your story is different every time...you are a plant regardless of anything else...

I think if you come out the gate with big name producers on your record...you are a plant regardless of anything else...

I think if you blow up out of nowhere and no one locally ever heard of you...you are a plant regardless of anything else...

Travis is obviously a plant cause if you browse the net he has about 4 different versions of how he "got on"...

Asap is a plant cause he blew up off some blog site...but i am sure that blog site was paid some money to push him...cause this dude pretty much fell out of the sky...

I wouldn't call Kendrick a plant...simply because he's got some older stuff from years ago you can check out when he was a nobody...but i would call him a...repackaged gift...

Daps
Reppin
VOID
The industry finally secured control of the blogosphere. If you see the COMPLEX MEDIA under these sites t's not a good thing. A MONOPOLY on information never is. It was better when these sites weren't all linked under that umbrella. Now that they are there is a hierarchy and easier to control.

Easier to push WHAT these Insiders feel need PUSH. Less independent thought.
Bingo

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Edit: Nah Chance isn't on that slap my mom cause she didn't pack lunch or whatever angst odd future is about

Was Chance considered an independent underground artist ever? Was that his thing that he operated without the industry?

It's just promotion and advertising, I don't think any one really believes he's got some grass roots movement. His tape sounded like a full on album, who can't see that theres a lot of money behind him.
Thanks for proving you know nothing whatsoever about Odd future.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Sold a bunch of wack cd's back to amoeba yesterday....Acid Rain & Wolf both being counted amongst them. Copped the new Jamal Bufford album with the credit.

:blessed:

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
I think if someone ask you how you got on...and your story is different every time...you are a plant regardless of anything else...

I think if you come out the gate with big name producers on your record...you are a plant regardless of anything else...

I think if you blow up out of nowhere and no one locally ever heard of you...you are a plant regardless of anything else...

Travis is obviously a plant cause if you browse the net he has about 4 different versions of how he "got on"...

Asap is a plant cause he blew up off some blog site...but i am sure that blog site was paid some money to push him...cause this dude pretty much fell out of the sky...

I wouldn't call Kendrick a plant...simply because he's got some older stuff from years ago you can check out when he was a nobody...but i would call him a...repackaged gift...
Travis was completely manufactured by CAA and Anthony Kilhoffer, I would have as much of a problem if he was actually as good as they tell the writers to make him out to be. How you gonna be a ghostproducer using ghostproducers?

He was on the XXL cover without even a mixtape out, they thought they could just put him out as the next Kanye and people would eat it up. I'm happy to see these cacs in suits failing for once at making a superstar.

Rocky benefitted from Yams excellent management and the record labels stepped in early and sealed the deal.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
What about Odd Future brehs? :lupe:
Odd Future are not industry plants.

They used to work the Hypebeast forums around the fall/winter of 2009/2010. I remember when Tyler made a thread in the music forum posting the first odd future albums/mixtapes that were just on zip/rar from when they just released all their music for free via limelinx. This was January of 2010. Hypebeast forums is actually where they gained traction and picked up massively on tumblr.

Before that, they were just a small thing out in LA and just some kids making youtube videos and songs for fun.

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/do-y...-be-successful-in-hiphop.176827/#post-6763829

so many people on here make the most ignorant claims:snoop:

"must be a plant cause he didn't try grinding for years locally passing out free mixtapes on the block and uploading his music free to datpiff that would get 250 downloads tops"

someone makes a smart move to launch their career and that makes them a plant? he skipped worry about building up a local fanbase and went straight for a fanbase from everywhere by using the internet. its not called being a plant, its called being smart and thinking a step ahead.

Last edited: