Chance The Rapper Is The Most Blatant Industry Plant Of All Time

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
damn fukk that, all this to get your art seen? CAPITALISM!!!!!
And that's all it'll get you. SEEN

It does not promise you anything else. You can have jayz records. If nobody outside your hood is listening and buying and showing up to shows...... You are going nowhere

If you have shytty music. You can pay 15 million dollars worth of PR. Everyone in the world will hear it. But they will just know you have shytty music and not care

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
And that's all it'll get you. SEEN

It does not promise you anything else. You can have jayz records. If nobody outside your hood is listening and buying and showing up to shows...... You are going nowhere

If you have shytty music. You can pay 15 million dollars worth of PR. Everyone in the world will hear it. But they will just know you have shytty music and not care

And cosigns by people like Madonna, Drake, Kendrick, Obama, etc

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
I'm a writer. I tried to get with CAA. THEY DO NOT TAKE UNSOLICITED CLIENTS.

Meaning, you can't call them, they call you.

Chance the Plant obviously has CONNECTIONS to get with CAA. Especially as an unsigned artist with one mixtape. Are you kidding me?! Don't tell me you believe that he's just SOOOOO good CAA came knocking.
He's rich. He was in pics with Obama in the Oval Office. I never said they came knocking. Nor did I say he didn't have connects. I'm just saying he's not a plant.

Well I guess it depends on what you call a plant

I'm just saying with a lot of money towards a great pr company, you would be better off than putting your money towards anything else

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
And cosigns by people like Madonna, Drake, Kendrick, Obama, etc
That's caa. If you think Madonna was chillin in Africa listening to unsigned rappers, you're nutty

She was sent a package from the agency. Maybe a couple bucks. And said what she said. I imagine everyone got the same package

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
That's caa. If you think Madonna was chillin in Africa listening to unsigned rappers, you're nutty

She was sent a package from the agency. Maybe a couple bucks. And said what she said. I imagine everyone got the same package

My point and you know a percentage of people are sheep so that shyt can be translated into album sales.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
My point and you know a percentage of people are sheep so that shyt can be translated into album sales.
Well I guess the issue is what is a plant and what is strategy?

If I'm a rapper with 20gs and I pay a pr company and now I'm everywhere.... Am I a plant? Cause I didn't spend that on videos in my hood, throwing shows and getting on Worldstar?

I call that smart business. Not organic growth at all. But it's not 1985 anymore where skills get you signed. There's 500k rappers and you gotta stand out and get your name out.

I call a plant someone who got signed, then runs around claiming they aren't, while getting label backing. And unsigned rapper paying for pr is just what the times are. I say it's no different than a struggling actor paying an agent to get him roles instead of grinding in plays

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Well I guess the issue is what is a plant and what is strategy?

If I'm a rapper with 20gs and I pay a pr company and now I'm everywhere.... Am I a plant? Cause I didn't spend that on videos in my hood, throwing shows and getting on Worldstar?

I call that smart business. Not organic growth at all. But it's not 1985 anymore where skills get you signed. There's 500k rappers and you gotta stand out and get your name out.

I call a plant someone who got signed, then runs around claiming they aren't, while getting label backing. And unsigned rapper paying for pr is just what the times are. I say it's no different than a struggling actor paying an agent to get him roles instead of grinding in plays

I don't mind being advertised too through PR firms but there are levels to this shyt and people like ASAP are obnoxious with the amount of PR put behind them. 10 WSHH videos a day that have nothing to do with rap, tons of Complex articles asking what their favorite candy is, celebrity twitters tweeting out that they like their garbage tracks out of thin air and umprompted :scust:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Nah it gotta be drake. Debut mixtape with bun b, lil wayne, and trey songz? LeBron at the mixtape party? :wtf:

Drakes debut was in like 2006 breh.

But this chance dude was on Arsenio talking about how gangs in Chicago needs to chill and all that....I was cool with what he was saying......but I was thinking "who is this nikka?" :what:

Young/Nacho\Drawz

...come on let's picture the possibility...
Daps
i fail to see what the label industry plant does for people that dont like or listen to his music
it gives internet dudes the opportunity to come up with conspiracy theories to discredit another person grind and come up
What grind? Making paypal payments to Complex Media? :what:

Last edited:

Offthegrid

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
chance aint a industry plant he jus linked up with the rite ppl at the rite time. Ppl dats into tge chicago music scene been knew bout chance u can add spenzo to dat so called industry plant conspiracy list too. Idk y im akways six degrees of seperation from all dese professional athletes music ppl movies & entertainment even street bosses too but make the long story short one of my rap homies in my rap clique is real close to chance's dj shyt is weird as fuk because chance's dj can be are plug to get in da industry at the end of da day its all politics all who u kno and how much u gonna pay for it. But chance been grindin for a few yrs b4 he took off its jus dat his music doesnt appeal to the hood/drill/trap/club crowd he is in dat early bob charles hamilton wiz khalifa stage. The avg fan only knows him off n tge strength of being on D5