Chadwick Boseman Says Marvel Are Trying Something "A Little Different" With Black Panther

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
So who's your suggestion then? Cause Angela is too fukking old. And she woulda forced a accent like she forced that jamaican shyt in Notorious :scust:
Keke_Palmer_KCA-2012_Vettri.Net-11.jpg

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Man you dudes need to relax. :heh:

People spent the last few years talking about they need to make a Black Panther movie, they announce it, and now people are worrying nonstop they'll fukk it up. Just enjoy the announcement for now, worry when we actually have a reason to.

We know Wakanda plays a major role in the MCU because Ultron needs Vibranium, and Ulysses Klaw is in the "Age Of Ultron" trailer. I doubt BP is in "AOU" but we're off to a good start I'd say.

Fred.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
which black actor is a get in trouble type nikka bill?
the dude from scandal

the dude from the shield

wesley just got out the jail

countless others who been arrested.. it's hollywood.. lohan can be arrested 20 times, never hit jail and still get movies.. let will fukk up and get hemmed up with some coke tomorrow or go on a RDJ run

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Man you dudes need to relax. :heh:

People spent the last few years talking about they need to make a Black Panther movie, they announce it, and now people are worrying nonstop they'll fukk it up. Just enjoy the announcement for now, worry when we actually have a reason to.

We know Wakanda plays a major role in the MCU because Ultron needs Vibranium, and Ulysses Klaw is in the "Age Of Ultron" trailer. I doubt BP is in "AOU" but we're off to a good start I'd say.

Fred.

This is why it was always comical to me they were complaining about Marvel saying a Black Panther movie would be hard to do. It had nothing to do with them thinking the character wouldn't sell, it had everything to do with them knowing the movie would be dissected more than any movie they've ever done for signs of 'racism'.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
How about Jurnee Smollett?

JurneeSmollettBell3.jpg

or Jessica Lucas?

19471554.jpg
DA FUG?:what::dahell:

You fukking with us right?:pachaha: If you don't get these half-caste wenches outta here.

If they can't find a few notable black actresses to play the female supporting parts than they might as well select good up and coming ones that people haven't heard about. Or go with that fine ass dark skin chick from How to Get Away With Murder.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
This is why it was always comical to me they were complaining about Marvel saying a Black Panther movie would be hard to do. It had nothing to do with them thinking the character wouldn't sell, it had everything to do with them knowing the movie would be dissected more than any movie they've ever done for signs of 'racism'.
:mjlol: bullshyt.

Thats exactly why. It all comes down to money. They arent going to finance a 150 million+ budget film without it being able to make money as their #1 concern.

And sorry a film about an advanced african nation with a genius african hero whos name is Black Panther is hard to do because white people.

Go look at the responses to the movie announcement. White people already crying about wakanda being a racist place and asking when theyre announcing a kkk man film.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I didnt know this Boseman guy was 37. goddamn

Okay
I constructed a short list

MV5BMTM5NTczMDU5OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDI0ODY1NA@@._V1_SY317_CR6,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Jennifer Hudson: “ Noteworthy Film Performances: Dreamgirls, The Secret Life of Bees
Naomie%20Harris-LMK-079841.jpg

Naomie Harris: Skyfall. 28 Days Later, Pirates of the Carribean
Yaya+DaCosta+Dangle+Earrings+Feathered+Earring+WNywZrpfRw_l.jpg

Yaya DaCosta: Tron Legacy, The Kids are Alright, The Messenger

Thats all I could muster, pretty sad.

Watch them cast Zoe Saldana or Meagan Goode :heh:
Yaya and Naomi Harris I could see but not Hudson.

I think Megalyn Echikunwoke would be good.
WD4utTl.jpg

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
:mjlol: bullshyt.

Thats exactly why. It all comes down to money. They arent going to finance a 150 million+ budget film without it being able to make money as their #1 concern.

And sorry a film about an advanced african nation with a genius african hero whos name is Black Panther is hard to do because white people.

Go look at the responses to the movie announcement. White people already crying about wakanda being a racist place and asking when theyre announcing a kkk man film.

I'm pretty sure anyone complaining about the movie for those reasons probably doesn't watch too many movies to begin with. They're just salty racists using every excuse to attack black people whenever they can.

I'm not saying Marvel didn't have concerns about the money-making possibilities of the movie but I think many are ignoring that Black Panther is simply a character that would spark massive claims of racism if he wasn't properly represented. Because you know damn well many posters on the Coli are aching to claim racism about anything almost as much as these racists on twitter just ache to complain about black people as much as possible.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I'm pretty sure anyone complaining about the movie for those reasons probably doesn't watch too many movies to begin with. They're just salty racists using every excuse to attack black people whenever they can.

I'm not saying Marvel didn't have concerns about the money-making possibilities of the movie but I think many are ignoring that Black Panther is simply a character that would spark massive claims of racism if he wasn't properly represented. Because you know damn well many posters on the Coli are aching to claim racism about anything almost as much as these racists on twitter just ache to complain about black people as much as possible.
Fair enough.

It's going to be an interesting balancing act Marvel has to pull off. Staying true to the character while maintaining commercial viability.

The movie will be controversial one way or the other for different people. If they stay true to the character and wakanda the white tears are going to be glorious. But that might hurt the movie commercially.

Where as if they whiten up the movie its going to piss off comic fans and black people.

People have a right to be concerned because this movie will be the hardest to get right.

An advanced african nation with a hero called black panther and a white man is the villain. Youre not being honest if you dont think thats a hard sell to a lot of white people. Imdb probably has it rated 2/10 already.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
fukk all the arguin, im waitin for Cap 3 & my guy Panther to swag on in... im there Openin Day & i barely go to movies... never liked Ironman & barely cared about Cap before these movies, im an X-Men stan... but they got my attention & i actually check out Avengers now sometimes...

who actually owns Namor & Doom??? theyre wit F4 right??? imagine them in Panther 2.. i even wanna see Man-Ape show up, that final battle.. :banderas: i cant wait for T'Challa to finally come through :blessed: same wit Dr. Strange... but fukk Ant-Man, thats some Microverse fukkery waitin to happen since they messed up Ultron...