Castlevania: Nocturne (Netflix Series) | Season 2 To Release January 2025

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I feel like the writing took a step down and the voice acting sounded bland most times, unfortunately these nikkas are teens so we gonna have to deal with their cringe growing pains from time to time.

I do not expect the dope philosophical conversations we saw in the first series :francis:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
All right let me clear this up. It was just OK to me. My main gripe is the plot which still doesn't really make sense, I felt the first 5 episodes weren't focused enough on the Belmonts and the voice acting just wasn't that good. Orlax was the shyt though I really wanted to see his backstory of him being an Aztec/Indian and being turned. This was the only one I really think they nailed the voice acting for with Zahn Mcclaron.

licensed-image

The other characters were OK but so much backstory was given to Annette and Maria (don't know why they changed her age knowing her importance of the story and to Richter) that I felt cheated. What happened with Juste? I wanted to see a flashback of his story and history ( I mean we all know the video game history but teasing us by name dropping Maxim and Lydie had me hyped). I hate to be an anime snob and some of the fight scenes were good but a lot of it was choppy and incomplete. There just wasn't any consistency. One scene looks good, the next looked like some Tom N Jerry shyt.
I felt Annette was forced plain and simple. Her backstory was cool and all and I know the time period/location calls for it, and I'm familiar with the Haitian gods Ogun and Papa Legba (hell my fam is from Louisiana and my mother is Creole born in New Orleans) but the build up to her getting revenge on Vaublanc had me literally say ..."That's it?" I already mentioned how I felt about Edouard earlier..

Now episodes 6-8 were so much better when they started actually hitting on things that were Castelvania. Richter's Theme on episode 6 when he got his magic powers back, and finally tied on the headband. Alucard's appearance is what really saved the show for me though. Hopefully with Season 2 we get Symphony Of The Night and Shaft makes an appearance.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
This was mid and they knew it was mid which is why they went to the Alucard well again at the end. He shouldn’t show up again until after Richter completes his mission with Maria. It’s like they didn’t know how to craft a good story focusing on Richter without Dracula.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
I am 3 episodes in and I'm enjoying it. Story has been pretty good thus far, the animation is as good as it was in the previous seasons and the voice actors have been great.

All the characters are interesting enough. Of course it wouldn't be a Netflix show without a breh who's a fakkit :dame: :russ:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
This was mid and they knew it was mid which is why they went to the Alucard well again at the end. He shouldn’t show up again until after Richter completes his mission with Maria. It’s like they didn’t know how to craft a good story focusing on Richter without Dracula.
Yea the second they brought him back they lil bro'd themselves to the first series.

Only interesting thing they could do for me now is kill him and force everyone else to step up ino

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Yea the second they brought him back they lil bro'd themselves to the first series.

Only interesting thing they could do for me now is kill him and force everyone else to step up ino

Don’t think they can do that since Richter story is supposed to transition directly to Alucard and SOTN. I don’t know man, it just seems like they don’t know what to do with a Belmont centered story.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Idk how y'all can say that when Trevor was the one that beat the real big bad (death) in the last show, and Belmont's basically get more OP every generation. Alucard and Juste will get him where he needs to be for the rematch.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Bruh im with you like wtf are they talmbout? I love castlevania already but adding shawty channeling the spirit of Ogun and Papa Legba to lead a revolution is too much?
:patrice:

I know this shyt will probably get review bombed because of shorty’s plot. Netflix had to go there with Olrox and the guard tho huh? Fire season to me tho and love the ending. The Messiah is a beast and i actually felt like she was on some demon time. I need Drac back to take his crown tho
I don't care about race swapping and I don't even know the Castlevania video games

I loved Isaac

But I think when they handle that shyt badly they give racist fans a lot of fuel to shyt on it

Reading who Annette was in the games the shyt they did does seem unnecessary

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Don’t think they can do that since Richter story is supposed to transition directly to Alucard and SOTN. I don’t know man, it just seems like they don’t know what to do with a Belmont centered story.
I don't follow the games at all some im out of the loop :hubie: