Castlevania: Nocturne (Netflix Series) | Season 2 To Release January 2025

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
Broooo anytime that zesty ass nikka start singing I roll my eyes so hard.

These cacs really thought they was cooking by featuring that cringe ass crooning.

nikka sounded like he stubbed his toe against his bed frame.
I died laughing when the final vampire chick showed up and said wtf is that singing noise? Go take care of that shyt.

:laff:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
solid overall.

not as good as the OG show, but a nice spinoff.

the final scene was dope.

This precisely.

Reading some of you guys absolutely drag the show is very interesting. It's like we're in an era where things either have to be amazing or trash.

Was a solid 7 to me with a lot of potential moving forward.

Also it's okay for Richter to stumble and be a little soft ya'll. Not every protagonist is a bad ass out the gate.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Season two was better than season 1

Excellent show

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
The show has problems but is still good. 45% is silly. I agree with your implication that people frustrated cuz of the black focus.
I have to play the devil's advocate: since I never played the games, I didn't know Olrox and Annette were originally white. I understand why ppl feel some type of way about the race swapping. They completely rewrote Annette's history if she went from a white woman to a Haitian woman. As black ppl have ask before, why not just make a brand new character. I knew something was up when I was noticing a bunch of black people in France during the revolution.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I have to play the devil's advocate: since I never played the games, I didn't know Olrox and Annette were originally white. I understand why ppl feel some type of way about the race swapping. They completely rewrote Annette's history if she went from a white woman to a Haitian woman. As black ppl have ask before, why not just make a brand new character. I knew something was up when I was noticing a bunch of black people in France during the revolution.

Totally understand that but just because you're upset about race swapping doesn't mean it's valid to take it out on the reviews. Changing a character has nothing to do with whether a show is well done or not.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Just finished my binge of it. And it is a solid foundation. Trevor vs Richter you got two different protaginists. Trevor needed to redeem himself meanwhile Richter you can obviously tell its a journey of growth. Needing for him to get past the horror of his mother dying right in front of him. (Partially his fault but he was a stupid kid it is what it is).

The main group fit pretty well. Trevor and Sypha interactions and banter for fukking amazing in the first series. Here we got Richter having a more familia relationship with Maria and Tera. Tho Richter now losing two mother figures in his life really has to string, but this is def one that would push him forward. Maria was alright. I did think the subplot of finding out who her father was predictable, but it made sense. She wanted to give him a chance for him to prove that she could depend on him as a father and he failed that. Annette was a nice mix to add to the 3 of them.Gave them a sense of urgency they needed even when she knew it wasn't time to press forward.

I am surprised that Abbot is still alive at the end. Guess things could change when S2 starts but I am not sure whats the point of him going forward. A self sacrifice redemption arc? Thats the best I can think of. Orlox is the one villain going forward that is easily the best of the bunch. Obviously he will be the final boss for Richter, but serves as someone that will examine the situation and from his view make the right decision. He knows that Erzsebet is an evil abomination and even he aint strong enough to beat her alone.

Regarding the ending I give them props going through with a sacrifice. But Tera showed what it meant to protect your child as a parent which is where Abbot failed. Also Allucard at the end was hype af :wow:. His entrance dialogue could been more clever but beyond great execution at this moment to end S1.

I felt the use of Richter's grandfather was underwhelming. The point from that was to compare his failure to Richter and motivate him to protect Maria and the others. I get why, but felt the direction in this part of S1 was by far the weakest imo. It could have been executed much better.

Production was very good. Tho I did feel the first Castelvania series had slightly better production, but that is nitpicking. Very excited for S2.

Last edited: