Cassie suing Diddy for rape and abuse

Daps
For the past six months, Mr. Combs has been subjected to Ms. Ventura’s persistent demand of $30 million, under the threat of writing a damaging book about their relationship, which was unequivocally rejected as blatant blackmail

If what she’s saying is true, I wish she never did the above because her motive for doing this looks suspect.

i'm pretty sure most lawsuits start out with a certified demand for money. it's required in some jurisdictions/subject matters cuz the courts don't want to hear shyt like this :yeshrug: this is more of a procedural thing, whoever made this statement is trying to play of the emotions of people who don't know better

Daps
True, but based on what I read, and I could be wrong, she was demanding the money not to go to court.

yeah that's the whole point. laws make you send a demand for settlement as a procedure before going to court. they don't want to hear this shyt all the time when people can just settle cases on their own.

Razzay

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
True, but based on what I read, and I could be wrong, she was demanding the money not to go to court.

First there is a demand letter with high level accusations and a proposal to resolve the matter from the complainant ie Cassie.

Lawyers on Puff's side then do a risk assessment and due diligence on the claims in the demand letter and which laws could apply.

Cassie has been harassing Puff for $30M since June 2023 and stated if he didn't pay she would release a book and sue. Puff denied the allegations but offered a $10M lump sum payment to resolve the matter without court as a good faith compromise. Cassie didnt want it and now has filed.

Puff had the option to pay 20 more Million to avoid the publicity and court, but did not want to go beyond 10m in this case.

Now he is ok with fighting this in court. This is not new for Puff he has been sued for workplace matters since the 90s it's only crazy because the allegations are coming from cassie who is playing innocent victim role in the circumstances because her and her new husband are going bankrupt and this is a last chance to cash in.

Starburst

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First there is a demand letter with high level accusations and a proposal to resolve the matter from the complainant ie Cassie.

Lawyers on Puff's side then do a risk assessment and due diligence on the claims in the demand letter and which laws could apply.

Cassie has been harassing Puff for $30M since June 2023 and stated if he didn't pay she would release a book and sue. Puff denied the allegations but offered a $10M lump sum payment to resolve the matter without court as a good faith compromise. Cassie didnt want it and now has filed.

Puff had the option to pay 20 more Million to avoid the publicity and court, but did not want to go beyond 10m in this case.

Now he is ok with fighting this in court. This is not new for Puff he has been sued for workplace matters since the 90s it's only crazy because the allegations are coming from cassie who is playing innocent victim role in the circumstances because her and her new husband are going bankrupt and this is a last chance to cash in.
Im no expert but I think it’s going to be very difficult to prove what she’s saying unless she has evidence. I do agree that there is definitely some kind of financial motivation in all this otherwise she could’ve done this a few years ago.
Aside from becoming accustomed to the lifestyle, I’ll never understand why she would put up with this for so many years. Her career never really went nowhere for me to say she gained something out of all this. He appears to have done more for Caresha in less time.

Side note- I wonder what was the last straw for her to finally leave the relationship.