Cassie Files Civil Suit Against Puffy. UPDATE: Suit settled in ~24 Hours

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
In June 2000 while awaiting trial, Puff flew to the island of Capri in Italy to attend L.A. Reid’s marriage to school teacher Erica Holton.

By then, Jennifer Lopez was already distancing herself from Puff. Her family, friends, and managers warned her to avoid him.

Once he finally accepted that Lopez was gone, he immediately began courting Kim Porter once more.

The only problem was that Kim had put their relationship in the past. She was seeing Shakir Stewart, head of Atlanta-based Hitco Music and L.A. Reid's top protege who was climbing to the top of the music business world.

Shakir was a good brother and businessman who did right by his artists. Beyonce was was one of the first artists he signed to Hitco and Ciara was signed after he took on duties at LaFace.

Puff ran into Kim on the island. Somehow he found out a phone message from Shakir to Kim.

“How are my babies doing?” Shakir asked her on the message.

When Puff realized Kim was doing fine without him, he was incensed.

After summoning a couple of his bodyguards, Puff left the Palace and went to Shakir’s room at the hotel. He bammed on Shakir’s door until he answered it.

“What the fukk you doing leaving messages on my bytch’s cell phone?” Puff raged. “Where do you get off saying you the daddy of my kids?”

Shakir knew that Puff never confronted anyone without backup, so he was afraid to defend himself.

He tried to explain to Puff that he and Kim were only friends and that he was joking around when he left the message. But he also told Puff that he had no business trying to run the life of a woman that he repeatedly abandoned.

Puff called him a liar and some other expletives, then picked up a chair and clobbered Shakir with it. As Shakir crumpled to the floor, Puff ran away from the hotel with his guards.

Reid was furious when he discovered how Puff had attacked Shakir, at his wedding, no less.

Reid finally understood why Benny Medina had concluded that Puff was out of control and incorrigible.
Shakir was so afraid of Puff’s henchmen coming to his offices in Atlanta to finish him off that he avoided going to work for weeks.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I get it not even saying that the accusers are lying but other than naming and shaming victimizers there's not much that can be done unless it's a cascade of accusers.

Also the primary answer can't always be a bag. You can prosecute then sue.
The statute is about to run out. Criminal cases take years. Her window to file was closing. She had to go civil first. Did y'all even read the articles on this?

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think what ppl are missing is that there are some ppl in this world who can make it very difficult for you to walk away.
Do they also make it very difficult for you not to take Ketamine and ecstasy?

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
she claimed he was the only one he wanted to fukk, not Dawn the Black girl and diddy despite what you can say about him doesn't seem to be a bed buck.

I mean why wouldn't she let him fukk? None of the girls from the other white girl group Dream said a mumbling word.
Diddy doesn’t hate women of his own race, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t tasting the rainbow lol

Aubrey was also the only one who probably really down to get with him. She isn’t innocent in my eyes. My only thing is Puff isn’t your run of the mill a$$hole who just uses women and tosses them- which is bad enough. He is most likely actually physically abusing people.
THAT is the real issue. He’s a megalomaniac.

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Puffs Statement: She Made All This Up None Of It Happened

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:lolbron:I’m actually curious to see how this is going to turn out. I think Diddy has a chance of beating this.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
The statute is about to run out. Criminal cases take years. Her window to file was closing. She had to go civil first. Did y'all even read the articles on this?
Clearly the Civil case triggered the criminal investigation.

I get it the nikka is a wierdo, but Coli Lawyers need to hold off on the parades until someone else comes out saying Puff tried her he could lose the civil case and that could be the end of it.

Homie could agree to any wild settlement to get her to back off his claims.

All I'm saying is that usually the Coli is wrong. we were wrong about Tori Lanez and the T.I. case and there were supposed to be 6 to 12 people coming forward on that and that went no where. T.I.'s money ain't nothing compared to what Puff got. Puff can still press a button and get a career poppin'

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I knew when she left Diddy and created a family with a "nobody", there was a story to tell. No one willingly changes lifestyles so drastically without there being a story behind it

Am I saying all of her allegations are true, no but as the saying goes, where there's smoke there's fire. If other people come out to corroborate her story, it's over

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Do they also make it very difficult for you not to take Ketamine and ecstasy?
Well ionno. If I gotta watch out for random Niccas potentially dropping shyt in my drink in the club it’s probably feasible that the man you live with can drop some shyt in your drink, food, etc whenever.
🤔

And you can get to the point where you just do drugs because you’re depressed. Like we haven’t seen addicts and alcoholics who obviously had mental and emotional issues. 🤔

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Diddy doesn’t hate women of his own race, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t tasting the rainbow lol

Aubrey was also the only one who probably really down to get with him. She isn’t innocent in my eyes. My only thing is Puff isn’t your run of the mill a$$hole who just uses women and tosses them- which is bad enough. He is most likely actually physically abusing people.
THAT is the real issue. He’s a megalomaniac.
Yeah the fact that she said Puff tried her but she stood on business with him yet folded into Thothood with white people screams I'm not a Coal Burner

No one would believe that she wouldn't let Diddy dump in her.

But yeah Diddy is a snake I'd assume that random randoms was just smashed and bytches he liked he either made a baby mother or gave them a career to tie them to him and he could both eat and eat off them at the same time.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Well ionno. If I gotta watch out for random Niccas potentially dropping shyt in my drink in the club it’s probably feasible that the man you live with can drop some shyt in your drink, food, etc whenever.
🤔

And you can get to the point where you just do drugs because you’re depressed. Like we haven’t seen addicts and alcoholics who obviously had mental and emotional issues. 🤔
You think random nikkas are roofining broads???

I mean if a goofball didn't learn shyt from Pill cosby no one is gonna blame it on the al al al alcohol.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I knew when she left Diddy and created a family with a "nobody", there was a story to tell. No one willingly changes lifestyles so drastically without there being a story behind it

Am I saying all of her allegations are true, no but as the saying goes, where there's smoke there's fire. If other people come out to corroborate her story, it's over
Clearly, she gave up her dreams for stardom to be a house wife to a middle class dude.

Homie was a personal tranier to diddy and stole his bytch think any other celebrity is using him now?

I think the plan was to bury diddy and come up off of check at the same time though.