Cassidy breaks down Eminem's fraudulent rhyme scheme

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
I get exactly what he's saying. A lot of these "lyricists'" goal is to hit you with as many syllables as possible but it takes real skill to do that and make it conversational. There are a few rappers that do that well. T.I., Beanie Sigel, Payroll Giovanni, Freddie Gibbs, Nipsey Hussle, Mozzy, Gift Of Gab, The Jacka, Dom Kennedy, Suga Free, etc. I'm sure there's a lot more. The people I named don't try to force that shyt every line either. That's what makes it sound natural.

Great example of what Cassidy is talking about. I doubt this nikka Honeykomb Brazy knows wtf a multi-syllable is but he uses them all through this verse.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Nobody is calling Lupe the best rapper ever or putting up there with 2pac big and nas lmao

Eminem is a white lupe, that is the perfect example, if eminem was black he would be lupe that's how his career would've went

Em is nowhere near as complexed as Lupe

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I get exactly what he's saying. A lot of these "lyricists'" goal is to hit you with as many syllables as possible but it takes real skill to do that and make it conversational. There are a few rappers that do that well. T.I., Beanie Sigel, Payroll Giovanni, Freddie Gibbs, Nipsey Hussle, Mozzy, Gift Of Gab, The Jacka, Dom Kennedy, Suga Free, etc. I'm sure there's a lot more. The people I named don't try to force that shyt every line either. That's what makes it sound natural.

Great example of what Cassidy is talking about. I doubt this nikka Honeykomb Brazy knows wtf a multi-syllable is but he uses them all through this verse.

I feel this. My favorite MCs are the ones that can be highly technical, while actually saying something. Too many just say shyt to say it because it sounds nice when spit but ain't saying a damn thing. That was why I loved a lot of the early Em and grew to hate his style later where he swayed too far into technically dope but not saying a damn thing and not sounding natural at all with what he's rhyming. That was part of the reason Jay and Nas are my GOATS just because they'll say some slick fly shyt that's technically dope but sounds like some shyt somebody would say in conversation.

pointproven214

i speak facts not emotions
Daps
Reppin
dallas texas
Cassidy is a played punchline rapper with like 1.5 flows and schemes.

He's making it sound like utilizing slant rhymes are bad or some sign of lack of skill when it's really the opposite. And he's hallucinating if he thinks the fans are all of a sudden going to hear that and start demanding tripple inverted rhyme schemes from everybody across the board. Seems like the implication is that once that happens, people will finally see the light in regards to how great he is.

:francis:
If he said using slant rhymes is bad then he is a idiot

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Cassidy has had the same basic flow his entire career but sees fit to critique Eminem.

If anything it takes considerable to intertwine multi-syllabic rhymes together like that into a coherent (mostly) narrative.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
This is such a dhalsim reach. “It has to rhyme in 2021”what? Guys barely rhyme at all anumore.

These guys miss the forest for the trees crying over those little ass differences

Can you go too far. Yes. Does em do it. Yes.

But cass way too basic, to me anyway.

Last edited:

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps

I'm trying fold her up like a spaghetti strang..........

I might be a fan