Cassidy breaks down Eminem's fraudulent rhyme scheme

Oldschooler

All Star
Daps
cassidy has the same rhyming scheme since he entered

he cant even change it up when he jumps into battle rap

hence why he always holds that L
I wouldn't call it an L he's just sticking to what he knows and does best. It's just people don't want to hear that being technical in your rhyming schemes doesn't equal success.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
:russ::russ:
nikkas criticizing Cassidy but can't dispute his point

What were his points? As far as I can tell from what I heard before I got tired of listening:

- nikkas don't even be knowing that there's imperfect, slant rhymes yo!
- Sometimes Eminem ONLY uses two syllable rhymes instead of 6 or 7
- Fans would demand more (and probably like me more) if they only knew how to count syllables.

Where is Ronnie when you need him.

:mjlol:

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Yeah he wasn’t really talking shyt, just getting technical with it. Eminem still one of the most technical emcees. You can tell he respect him as an emcee. But I didn’t agree with Cass when he got to talking about you have to do the multi syllable shyt do be determined the best. Dude TOO stuck on the technical shyt. He feel that way cause that’s his style lol. Talking bout that’s the hardest way to write. That shyt don’t matter. It’s more to rapping than just syllables

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Dude ducked all questions. Asked him to give 3 examples of what he's saying and just talked over ol boy. Like he said there's leveles of rap but people don't love all levels. Rap would be boring if everybody rapped the same. The levels keep it interesting to me

Phantom Dreamer

All Star
Daps
as some have stated, the slant rhyming is sorta reminiscent of jazz.

in that it bends the rules and tests boundaries but the result is that :whew: if done correctly.

:ld: but i can see Cass' point if he chooses to stick to the technical fundamentals

:hubie: i could see it being a bit more challenging as a lyricist trying to string some syllables into something cogent where the words actually rhyme, with words people actually really use irl vs some big word rappity rap shyt to sound good :jbhmm:

i thought he was somewhat basic, as great as he proclaims to be, but hearing his take on lyricism, i respect him a lot more.

Ludacris comes to mind as the same type of wordsmith. He deserves more respect in that regard.

Black Sinatra

Raised Glass to the Squandered Potentials..
Daps
Reppin
DSGB
You can learn syllabic rhyme patterns and become eminem. You can't learn the spirit/soul of artistic expression and become KDot. That's why nikkas can never put thier finger on why they can't goat the yt boy. The answer is his music doesnt move you. It only makes you respect his schemes.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Who the hell is Cassidy?:mjlol:

That aside, its funny that out of ALL the trash rap out there you wanna shyt on the White Man.

I had to change that for you, ol' don't attack the white man ass nikka

Save the white man at all cost

Last edited: